NASCAR fans? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NASCAR fans?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RedNeck, Oct 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Like how two of MLB's perennial all-time losers, the Chicago Cubs and Cleveland Indians
    both miraculously turn up in the World Series, egh?

BHW

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    In a year or two when the "race for the chase" starts at Daytona with the first race of the year ...... I may have to reevaluate my sanity ;)

3. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Nascar died for me when Sr died. I tried and would consider myself a fan still and Harvick fan because I stayed with the team. This whole chase thing stinks. Johnson would not have all those titles without it. Nascar has become more about the title than the races it takes to get there. Think of this, if your driver coming into Labor day was not within 100pts (under the old system) you did not care because you already knew he was most likely not going to win the championship. But you still went to the races because it was about the race. Now they build up all the drama for 16 guys who we all know the ones outside of the top 10 don't have a chance nor should even be there regardless of their team. They started at 10 and expanded to 16 to try to keep ratings. Hell reset all 40 of them and let them all have a shot. The same outcome will be achieved. One of the super teams will win. At least Dale Sr did not need this kind of system to win a championship. It took the whole year. I think the arrangement has turned the old timers like myself off.