NASCAR 2017 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

NASCAR 2017

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tervuren, Jan 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    That ain't blood, that's just a scratch - he is really a jerk in general - but he actually added some excitement to a race that needed it

2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #177 Jack-the-lad, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #178 Jack-the-lad, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Saw that. I hope it's true. It makes sense. Getting the "old guys" back that are still pissed over "spec racing" and the split that killed openwheel is a tough sell. I know a few of them and they are just starting to come around also - mainly because their kids are involved in racing. Their marketing focus makes sense to me.

The thing with the brakes right before St Pete was stupid though. I don't see how you change brake disk manufacturers right before (1 test at Sebring) the season opens and pair them with a caliper from another manufacturer, 2 body kits that don't have extended testing on them, etc. They are lucky no one got hurt IMHO.

Race was just ok I agree. Amateur night on the opening lap. Hilarious that the USF kids were more respectful and aware of one another than the Indycar drivers. Nice to see the underdog win and Bourdais.

5. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    LOL!

Kyle - I'm available to teach you how to defend yourself. PM me.

6. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The parallels to WWE are pretty hilarious.

I wonder if he cut himself at the bottom of the pile with a hidden razor for the cameras?

Ok I'll stop ; )

7. Predicated by the mysterious "can't steer, no brakes" breakdown.... :rolleyes:

(I'd like to see these parts....okay, I'll stop too)

8. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    You mean there was a race winner?

This is how far NASCAR has fallen. They only attention this race has gotten is from a
    post-race dust up.

BHW

9. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    The media deserve a big piece of the blame.........

10. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

Well Brian France will get a bunch of mileage from the jr farewell tour....but then what?

Sponsors getting even tougher to find. Ticket sales will drop even further. TV contracts will eventually expire and need to be re-negotiaing. Wind in the face of that dumb and fat fence boy.

11. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    No reason to expect NASCAR to change their formula now.

With the upcoming loss of Jr. Jr. Jr. as a driver, NASCAR will be milking it for all its worth.
    And, just like the NFL, tip-toeing around the concussion issue which has led Jr. to this
    decision.

Never in recent memory has a driver promised so much and delivered so little. To hear
    the racing media flacks tell it, once Jr. joined Hendrick, race victories and multiple championships
    were all but a foregone conclusion.

Dave Despain, of all people, was practically creaming himself on the air at the prospect of
    Jr. championships, almost as if someone was giving him $100 every time he uttered Jr.'s
    name on "Wind Tunnel".

And, despite being with the top team and NASCAR manipulating rules which basically put
    championships in Jr's lap, the results and championships never materialized.

Jr is a likable guy though. He's handled himself well especially being under the near constant
    media microscope that he's been under since Sr. died. That had to have been a lot for a
    young guy to bear but he held his own.

NASCAR will survive as racing is bigger than any one driver/personality. Sure, there will
    be some shuffling around of the deck with regard to sponsors and how the series performs
    as a whole. But, just as F1 continued after the loss of Senna, NASCAR will survive this.

BHW