NASCAR 2015 | Page 22 | FerrariChat

NASCAR 2015

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GuyIncognito, Jan 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

wanted to see Larson win his first. wanted to see JG win the championship.

loved the debris caution at the end to try to create drama or change the outcome...joke as usual.

like that Toyota won the championship when nascar kinda needed them to win so they would maintain their factory support of the series.

I really think this series is a serious joke and I promise that I watch it simply to see what garbage they are packaging...90 days til daytoner....lol.

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    agree on Larson and Gordon.

agree on that joke of a "debris caution", what a farce. also amusing that there were a ton of cautions early, then when it looked like NASCAR might get booted off NBC for the Sunday Night NFL game, they somehow managed to run 100 laps caution free :rolleyes:

with Toyota taken care of, they can focus on getting a new title sponsor (Sprint leaves after '16). I hope whoever takes over the series naming rights puts an emphasis back on sporting integrity.

3. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    NASCAR would be so much better if they just let the races be races...

What is frustrating, is in instances like this, I *know* they are going to throw a "debris" caution, same as the Coca Cola 600 two years ago, when they went 100+ laps, and had cars in the top 10 going down laps, there was a piece of debris against the inside wall on the back stretch, it'd been sitting there perhaps all day, maybe even the day before, but 33 cars need a wave around to get a lap back, so here goes a caution. :\

Its real racing, except when they manage it, and I never know whether I'm going to sit down to watch a race, or a "managed race". If Jr. had of been in front on the green flag of the first attempt at a restart at Daytona, that probably would of been the end of that race. Instead, he got a third chance in a second restart. With what Jr. said in his post race interview, he wasn't expecting that chance, he thought it was the final attempt, and its just possible he held himself behind the #22 as he didn't want a win handed to him without merit.

What I really look forwards to, are the races where they aren't talking about the chase, its just a race. I really liked the top 10 on points + 2 winners, or no winners outside the top 10 or in the top 20, top 12 in points are in the chase. It made for an exciting season to follow, as points were very important, and wins, were also very important.

4. ferraripete

Toyota has been taken care of...but too late to help mikey. mwr will be shutting things down tomorrow:(

5. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    feel bad for those losing their jobs but won't miss Mikey or MWR one bit.

6. ferraripete

200 plus folks will look for work. mikey is a putz!

7. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    now's your chance to start a Cup team!

:)

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    While I'm not a big Kyle Busch fan, kudos to him and JGR getting it done after missing nearly a third of the season!

9. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    So silly the NASCAR haters. Having been in the pits, in the garages of both, they are so very different. NASCAR is more enjoyable to watch, F1 has the technology, but lacks in great competition. Still, I very much enjoy both.

And apparently so does Lewis and Mario. When you see NASCAR from behind the scenes, you gain an entirely new perspective. I hope F1's DR takes up NASCAR's DE jrs invitation.

If you really love motorsports, you get it that you really can not compare one to the other.

10. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I don't think anyone here is comparing NASCAR to F1.

11. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    #536 BartonWorkman, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    Evidently, they were feeling more ironic than melancholy at Homestead yesterday.

And, "Daytonner" is spelled with two "N's"!

It's incredible the creep that NASCAR has. On going to a popular Miami sports bar/restaurant
    originally to see the USGP last month, naturally all of the TVs were set to football. Before
    going to this Canadian-owned establishment, we called ahead to be sure that we would be
    able to watch the USGP there. We were assured that we would so we went ahead.

On arrival though, it was a different situation. When we asked if they could turn one
    of the monitors to the USGP there was a lot of hemming and hawing, they couldn't find
    the remote and other vague excuses.

Once one of the football games ended, that literally three people at the bar were watching,
    low and behold the USGP suddenly appeared (for about five minutes), then it was changed
    to women's soccer.

So, we finally got a manager to our table, and we were told, "NASCAR is not part of our
    company branding", all this. We had to explain that F-1 is not NASCAR, didn't seem to
    matter, women's soccer it was.

The point is, when even "professional media" label sports car racing "A NASCAR rally",
    unenlightened establishments such as this see F-1 and NASCAR as being the same
    thing, the 900lb gorilla is winning.

BHW

12. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    None of us here are haters of NASCAR racing, its the NASCAR management we are frustrated at.

13. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    And the Chase points/wins nonsense. I am just as frustrated as others and as mentioned previously the points and number of wins should be the determining factor in motorsports. It is a perfect example of trying to fix something that was not broken and I bet most long time NASCAR fans would agree.

14. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006
    I amagine they're NOT many long time Nascar fans around anymore since Nascar has abandoned them in favor of the casual fan etc......The "managed race" philosophy of Nascar has cost them many fans who see right through their veiled attempts to promote close racing!

15. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Not sure exactly where the NASCAR discussion diverted into comparison to F-1 (which,
    no doubt, has its fair share of problems now for those paying attention), but the bottom
    line is this, NASCAR, in all of its glory, has stated its intention to control a monopoly over
    all of racing in North America (and beyond).

I'll introduce the 2014 12 Hours of Sebring as Exhibit A.

Using the NASCAR brand as an example of how things will be run, all forms of motorsport
    which will ultimately fall under their tent will have things such as the "Lucky Dog" (for
    example) which in effect allows a car that is a lap down to regain its lap on an ensuing
    caution period for no evident reason.

Other forms of racing which may fall into NASCAR's hands may have things like "phantom"
    or "competition" yellows, archaic rules changes from race to race, this convoluted points scoring
    system and "Chase" playoff system which has become such a joke, even the staunchest NASCAR
    apologists have thrown their hands up and abandoned this once great sport for the debacle it
    has become.

It is difficult to imagine anyone gleefully anticipating a NASCAR monopoly over of all of racing.
    They've acquired IMSA and control sports car racing now and it's just a matter of
    time before Indy Car sells out to them for pennies on the dollar and what is left of American
    open-wheeled racing will surely die a slow agonizing death.

Likewise, it's a fair bet that a good many in this forum have an open invitation to stand
    in the pits or garage at virtually any event they care to attend. Since about the age
    of seven, I've been fortunate enough to be in that position which is why when we see our great
    sport stained like this time and time and time again, we're not criticizing with joy but foreboding
    for what the future of racing certainly holds.

BHW