NASCAR 2013 **SPOILERS** | Page 32 | FerrariChat

NASCAR 2013 **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 4re Nut, Jul 26, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

no problem...danica has added new sponsors!

sponsors seem to follow the talent!!

of course you know I am being a funny guy.

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    :)

funny thing is, Pastrana's press release said "I just didn't perform well enough to raise the kind of sponsorship needed to continue", and I thought "hell, Danica's apparently performing well enough..."

:rolleyes:

3. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Travis Pastrana stepping away from Nationwide Series - ESPN

I wonder if his wife or girls can turn left. :rolleyes:

4. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    maybe he could have a sex change? :eek:

to be honest I was mostly impressed with Pastrana this year, far fewer accidents and unforced errors. yes he underperformed in great equipment, but I think he was starting to "get it".

I do agree the NASCAR schedule is too long and takes a big toll on family and personal lives.

5. ferraripete

agreed chas...travis made a decent (not heroic) showing. I got the sense that he was trying to be respectful of the sport and not be the insane and fearless travis that we have been programed to know from the mtv flying circus programming.

people forget that he is actually a serious racer that just happens to be a crazy talent.

he was 125 super cross winner

proven fast fast fast on 4 wheels in the dirt

made some progress in roundy round and had some good qual efforts and finishes

I thought he was going to be good for nascar. sad to see him go.

6. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    #781 tervuren, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    I doubt I'll forget his in car radio after making it through is first wreck in a plate race.

I was streaming his radio and camera when it happened. I felt about like he did...

Its a world of difference between his in car radio, and Danica's. Danica's radio is just depressing...Travis is excited to be out there racing a NASCAR. A shame things haven't worked out.

7. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Last race weekend... Watching the truck race... Title decided... Kudos Crafton... Hopefully a good race to close out the year... TBD...

8. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    ... GWC...

9. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  10. ferraripete

11. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    10 laps to go to decide Nationwide title... TBD...

Edit... Extended caution...ugh...

12. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Great run by Kesowhatski at the end for the win... Kudos #3 on the title.

13. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  14. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    "Natural speed" refers to the driver, race car modifications are "artificial speed".

15. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    well, boring perfection wins again.

:eek:

16. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Get yer 6-pack special at a Lowes near you. :D

17. ferraripete

to which she has neither.

stenhouse was able to get rookie of the year. I was a bit surprised by this as I thought nascar would have found a way...

oh well, another season in the books.

18. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Stenhouse pulled a big enough lead that it didn't really leave any wiggle room to massage things with non metrics. Every time a rookie finishes in the top 10, its a huge jump over others that don't.

19. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I agree, but NASCAR has made it obvious this year that buzz and ratings trump credibility. I'm surprised ROTY didn't go to Danica.

20. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I was surprised about Danica but after a while I think even NASCAR stopped talking about her. I think they realize she is doing so bad, or so average anyway, that they don't want to push it anymore either.

21. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    True, they did re-write the chase rules....:\

I wonder what that did to viewership and race attendence, sure, you keep the chevy/jeff gordan fans, but you piss off the race fans that want a fair system. Frustrating, as I love the oval racing that NASCAR has, but had to stop watching their races on TV for the rest of the season. I did consider still going to Charlotte, but had a busy work week that knocked that out of the picture.

NASCAR, is something that is hard to get into as a fan, unless you've met drivers, or seen the cars in person. Its not something that the TV coverage would make very interesting, but once you go to a track, its pretty darn awesome. I love being at the speed way even if its not a race day.

Chaning the points system mid season and putting drivers in/out of the picture, is not good for the TV viewer base at all, but it won't effect the people who go to the track itself to see the races, and the money for NASCAR, is I believe mostly from TV. I really don't know how their financials work though.

22. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Sorry, you lost me: Vettel/Red Bull (again)????????????

23. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Please tell me of a point system that NOBODY will b!t&h about...

Waiting...........

Oh - and as far as
    'NASCAR, is something that is hard to get into as a fan, unless you've met drivers,
    or seen the cars in person. Its not something that the TV coverage would make very
    interesting, but once you go to a track, its pretty darn awesome. I love being at the
    speed way even if its not a race day.', that applies to ANY motorsport, ESPECIALLY F1.

Oh how I love to tune in and see who is running 3rd, 4th, 5th EVERY RACE.
    You may think NASCAR sucks, is boring, but nothing compares to the boredom of seeing the
    SAME car on the pole and leading almost every race.

24. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I've watched about as many F1 races on TV this year as NASCAR. I do not find Vettel's domination of late boring at all. Look at some of the dominant seasons a handful of drivers had in the 60/50's era of Grand Prix.

I like NASCARS 1 point per position, with a bonus for a win. I also like most laps led. I don't really like a bonus for leading a lap. I don't like them changing the rules of the chase when they didn't like the result.

25. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I agree F1 is boring too of late. (I know I know...technical genius, best of the best, watching a master, blah blah blah)

I also agree both NASCAR and F1 have decent battles from 3rd on back usually.

I dunno, I'm kinda bored with racing of late. think I need to go back to bike racing for a while.