NASCAR 2011 | Page 33 | FerrariChat

NASCAR 2011

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 4re Nut, Feb 13, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #801 4re Nut, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Coming from some clown that has quite obviously never driven a racecar before, let alone crashed one at 180-190mph.

3. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    http://thefinallap.com/2011/11/06/statement-from-mms-mars-incorporated-regarding-kyle-busch/

If/when Kyle gets canned hopefully RCR will hire him as Harvick's wing-man...UFC sponsorship to follow. :D

4. URY914

URY914 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Temple Terrace FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I am not a clown and I have driven many many racecars in my day. But no I've never crashed one at 180-190 mph. YSFDH

5. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Damn I dropped 2 spots, I feel like Brad (#2 Dodge) :(

6. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    NOBODY that ever raced a car at any amount of speed would say 'Drivers don't have the fear about being hurt anymore', so I find it hard to believe you did actually raced. I know a lot of guys that raced but never over 100 mph and they would never say they don't have a fear of it.
    Nobody drives with a 'fear of crashing', but they do all they can to be as safe as they can be and they all still understand crashes are a part of the sport, no matter what the speed is.

7. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I didn't see any of it either, but I hope Smoke wins the championship now based on his chase performance thus far. (even if Cousin Carl is a good ol' boy from Mizzourah)

8. URY914

URY914 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Temple Terrace FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #808 URY914, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
    You seemed to have missed my point that I was ONLY speaking of the COT and not all racecars. Obviously this is not the case in open wheel cars. Let me further explain my original post as you clearly don’t quite get it. NASCAR’s Car of Tomorrow (COT) was designed is built to be a cocoon for the driver. There is not a racecar built today that is safer than the COT. With that being the case, drivers of the COT (not drivers of open wheel cars, not drivers of production based cars or drivers of any other races cars) now feel a higher degree of safety than ever before. They have the safest car, thay have a HANS device around thier neck, and they are running on tracks with soft "saft walls". So drivers can now run closer and take more chances than ever before. They can also run each other into the “safe” walls without the fear of serious injury as in the past. This has been written about and discussed by industry insiders for several years now. The car and other safety measures now provide a false sence or security as never before.

As far as you knowing "a lot of guys that have raced over 100 mph". Have thay ever raced in a COT? You should really try to understand the issues involved before making stupid assumptions about my level of experience and calling me names and going into full attack mode..

9. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Seems a bit light to me given his history: http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/7204036/kyle-busch-fined-50k-nascar-trucks-action-put-probation

10. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I watched 'Wind Tunnel' sunday evening and Dave showed a survey that was taken, cannot remember by who, and 52% of those surveyed said KB should be fired. Maybe a year or two in the NationWide series will teach him a lesson or he will get benched in that series aswell, lol!!!

11. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #811 Whisky, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
    I know exactly what you said, you said it as plain as day:

"The COT has become like a bumper car at the county fair. Drivers don't have the fear about being hurt anymore. Open wheel is a different story of course. "

I'm not talking about open wheel cars, and I know all about the COT, the HANS device, and every other feature you care to bring up, I would be willing to bet my house I have much more experience with the COT and its' according safety devices including the SAFER barrier than you do.

What I had an issue with is you saying 'Drivers don't have the fear about being hurt anymore', which really ticks me off. On one hand, no, they don't worry about being killed, but that has more to do with a mindset than it does safety devices available. Meaning, if you 'worry' about being killed, you won't race.

Nobody climbs in a car thinking about getting hurt or killed, but to say they 'don't have a fear of being hurt anymore' is just plain false.

Yes, I called you a clown, because YOU made false presumptions that drivers don't worry about being hurt. They don't - never did - ever - but to think they don't keep in mind they CAN be hurt or killed is just plain wrong. If they didn't think this way they would not be using the latest (safety) technology - before it was mandated - over the last 40-50 years.

I'm not making stupid assumptions, I read what you said loud and clear, and now you are backpedaling, trying to explain things, you don't need to.
    You spoke of the COT - I get that - that's not the issue.

Lastly, I deeply apologize for calling you a clown. I didn't mean to cause a disservice to all real clowns, such as Shriners, etc.

12. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    yay! Fchat pissing match!

:(

13. URY914

URY914 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Temple Terrace FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'm taking it off line.

14. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #814 GrigioGuy, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #815 4re Nut, Nov 8, 2011
    Cool...

Smoke's smoke...

Smoke is smokin'...

Geez, I crack me up sometimes! :D :eek:

P.S.

My neck hurts after viewing that pic...darn you Smoke and you're fence climbing.

16. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    that's why smoke keeps winning....illegal wall-climbing downforce.

17. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Does NASCar require a special license to drive? There is no excuse for not benching KB for a year for that crap. That is assault with a deadly weapon at a minimum. Just more proof that NASCar is not motorsport but lowbrow entertainment...

What would happen in F1 if a driver chased down another during a full course caution (safety car) and wreck them like that?

18. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    well, one of them won 7 championships....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmKbGW7OmVg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgEylOFcAqk[/ame]

:D

19. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #819 Whisky, Nov 8, 2011
    Handled offline.
    Most of you guys know I have lost a few friends: some of them close friends in racing, so yes, maybe I overreacted a bit when someone says drivers don't worry about getting hurt anymore. Believe me, they don't 'worry', but every one of them knows in the back of their minds bad things can happen and they do all they can to plan for it proactively - that is the extent of their 'worry'. Some guys used a HANS device prior to Earnhardt, but most didn't.

It's a done discussion.

20. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    You cannot just show up an drive, you have to go through interviews with officials (ever hear of 'charm school'?), and you have to go through rookie orientations, and it helps to have a background in racing as well as some current people in the series vouch for you, else anyone can drive. Gotta keep out the riff-raff.

They cannot ban him outright because he is not the first guy to do this, he would dredge up all the prior incidents involving others and present to the court that nascar did nothing in the past, so why start with me?
    I don't think they can ban him for too long unless he kills someone, he would sue 'for the right to make a living'. Trust me, this I know for fact.

I'm not defending the guy, just telling you the mindset of some of the folks involved.

21. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    2nd? or 3rd??

22. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    2nd...I think. What am I missing?

23. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Yeah, I was looking at 'Season Points' at the far right of the first chart. You are correct.

24. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando