Napa - any local owner open to renting to an Fchat fan? | FerrariChat

Napa - any local owner open to renting to an Fchat fan?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by DJPAOLO, Aug 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DJPAOLO

DJPAOLO Rookie

Aug 27, 2017
    Worth asking. I grew up in SF/Napa, live in NYC and there is no point to having a garage ferrari out east (my opinion). Nothing would make me happier than having a car to rent for a few days when I come home to visit my parents. Would anyone be willing to rent to a responsible lover of Ferraris?

2. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Not surprised you haven't had much action on this request. Most people here don't need the money that would come from renting their pride and joy to a stranger. I don't even let my friends drive my car.

Try Club Sportiva out of San Francisco, I know they were doing rentals at one point. Maybe Turo?

SonomaRik likes this.
  3. DJPAOLO

DJPAOLO Rookie

Aug 27, 2017
    I figured. I got a few direct responses. I have looked at Turo and others, preferred to enrich the community rather than cars that have already gotten a beating.
    Thanks MufflerMan!

4. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I learned while getting my CFP that any damage done by someone you lend your car to is your fault regardless of their insurance. The instructor was very clear that lending your car to anyone was a very terrible idea.

SonomaRik likes this.
  5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Insurance generally goes with the vehicle, so the vehicle owner's insurance is primary and any insurance the borrowing driver has is secondary. The burden of an accident will fall on the owner first.

Also, accepting payment to have someone drive your car might be construed as commercial car rental activity, which might not be covered or may be much more limited coverage than usual. You should check with your insurance agent for the terms of your policy.

Doesn't seem worth the hassle.

6. DJP

DJP Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Yah...I'd second club sportiva. Their primary/first location is in San Jose.