Naked photos not for faint of heart | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Naked photos not for faint of heart

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by ricar116, Dec 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    The blue car is a 500 Superfast.

2. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Francis,

You are correct; if you want the answer to the other car, see post 22.

Regards,

Art S.

3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    What dedication!! More pics please!!!

4. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    Joe,

Thanks for reading my post. I have been doing the restoration myself...ie more of a contractor. Know the engine person I want to use. A painter I like. A metal man that I luckily found and an interior person that I am confident in. I do minor fabrication work and welding in places you can't see, but on curved stuff out in the open I farm it out. The guy that I use is a Hungarian trained retired west coast metal man that moved to the sticks to be semi-retired. I have never tried lead....as long as my guy is healthy I may not have to. I removed the engine, transmission, and interior myself. Will do the suspension myself, and put the car back together myself. Always have to have a project going. There are lead guys out there. You need to check with the "metal Rod shops" Believe it or not the next car in line is a 65' convertible corvair.

Rick

5. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    #30 ricar116, Jan 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    #31 ricar116, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Updated pictures of body in paint shop. It is now silver and shiney. Will pick her up week after next to begin assembly process. Thank you to everyone on the fast and furious "black trim" questions. Grigio Argento is not too photogenic inside, but looks beautiful in the light. It's coming along slowly, but surely. Patience is not a virtue... it is madnatory. So far the results are worth the wait.

Rick
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. laperriere

laperriere Karting

Mar 10, 2006
    Montreal
    Hi. I see you chose the metal gray. Looks like an excellent job was done on your car. I guess you used the original gray reference. I plan to ask a workshop to repaint a rear fender on my car - a '79 400i, metal gray. Is there by any chance a kind of reference that would tell exactly the shop what is the original paint that was used ?
    This unfortunate scratch (how stupid am I) shows the F-paint is a multi-layer process, as you said.
    Hope you're done with this 3 1/2 year job.
    On one of your pictures, it seems there is a 60'something 400 superamerica showing its boot, is that right ?
    Regards
    Olivier

8. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    Olivier,

Paint reference for my car was a sample from the original and matched. A good painter should be able to accomplish that for you. The paint code should be on a sticker on the boot lid around the latch area. Mine was removed prior to me getting the car. The picture was taken by another on the board that saw my engine. The boot of a 500 Superfast. Good luck on your repair.

Rick