"Mystery" Europa GT For Sale | Page 4 | FerrariChat

"Mystery" Europa GT For Sale

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by mdsaxon, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    dear Md saxon

i known that my ad created some mistrust in me and in the car, but all this is what i can do. The car is not mine and this is what owner say me to do, just that. and i 'm not going to have commission or other, i just go to help the owner to sell his car. I'm really sorry.

But as i said, a lot of time, who is really interesting (or interested, sorry for my english) go to a fly and come to inspect the car.
    i travelled for one day to go to see a Porsche, and it was a fake and i came back at home.
    i known, then , that on web nobody trust in everybody, but i'm saying that car really exists and it is matching number car, unrestored conditions, means patina, old paint and interior...we are talking about a car 55 years old. and we are not to steall nothing to anybody, or sell something that is not ferrari, or have deposit and dissapear..come to see the car and then you will know all trust and details on the car.

A trip in Italy with a low cost flyght, is not too much for a man who is going to buy a car with so high price

Regards to all

2. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Buongiorno Antonio,

In rispetto di tutto che e stato scritto nelle pagine qui, ho qualche domande:

1)
    Quale sono i motivi per non pubbliciare qualche photografie della macchina?
    2)
    E abbastanze facile trovare l'identita della macchina, sono pocchi costruite et tante, se non tutte sone conosciuto nella monde Ferrari. Se il Suo rapprte con is proprietario e come fa credere, perche non discludere il numero telaio?

La possibilita di trovare un cliente serioso (come vuole il proprietario) e ammoaggiorata con discludere i detagli e photografie; stiamo tra amici qui, nessuno sta qui solo per perdere tempo, stiamo qui per studiare, imperare e qualche volte per vendere o comprare delle macchine straordinarie.

ENGLISH
    Good day antonio,

In respect of what was written in these pages, I have a few questions:

1)
    What are the motives for not piblisizing some pictures?
    2)
    It would be fairly easy to find the identity of the car, few were produced and amost, if not all are known in the Ferrari world. If your rapprt with the owner is as you would like us to believe, why not reveal the chassis number?

The possibility of finding a serious client (as the owner desires) is maximised with the disclosure of details and photos. We are amongst friends here, nobody is here to waste time, we are here to study, learn and sometimes sell or buy extraordinary cars.

3. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    dear jack

motives are that owner, do not want i do it, and i would preserved my relation with him. and i respect what he said me to do...just it.

what i had to say, i said, sorry but hese are circumstances.
    Then it is not a hype and i'm not 17 or 77. Or 3500, or one of his cousins ( i do not known what you mean)
    if it was a hype, i was not here to say and talk with you.

The car real exist, and i'm going to delete ad because of some people contacts me really interesting (or intereste, sorry for my english), to fly and see the car. first who is coming, and pay the car, take it away.

4. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    #79 kare, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
    You probably have no idea what kind of people call you when you have owned a rare Ferrari for more than 40 years. We have had a GTE in the family for 42 years and my neighbour has owned his Berlinetta for 41 years now. An old and tired GTE does not attract much attention but as you may imagine, the Berlinetta is quite a **** magnet. Some people don't like strangers calling their home in the middle of the night, openly assuming that an owner who has bought his car in the 60's must be senile, has at least one foot in the grave and no idea what the car is worth today. Some of them turn very unpleasant or even aggressive as soon as it turns out that the car is not for sale. On top of all this, the people who know what they have, do not need the factory or a committee of various self-nominated Ferrari experts to tell them what they have. Complete waste of time.

As said earlier I undestand perfectly the way that was chosen to market this car. I am also sure that after seeing all the rude behavior and insulting assumptions in this thread, the owner is even more sure he made the right choise. Pleasing a crowd wearing Ferrari socks and a hat and a T-shirt and underwear, sipping coffee from a Ferrari mug is one thing, selling an old car is another. Get over it.

Best wishes, Kare

5. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007

just one say to you, kare:
    thank you!!!!
    you are unique understanding, you could have the 250 europa, if you are interesting

6. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Kare, the point you are missing is that this car is for sale. These cars generally sell by either putting the word out through various brokers, consigning the car to auction or simply advertising the car for sale complete with photos and history. The "teaser" ad placed by this seller is highly unusual and could only be expected to draw the curious attention that it has. I can only assume that this was the seller's original intention, as you stated in your earlier post:

7. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    I am enjoying watching all this from a distance. MM, stick to your guns. There are certain "rules of the road" in marketing something of real historic value[assuming this is true] which are not being followed here. My take on this is that the long time owner, who is most likely a bit set in his ways, has laid down his rules. Antonio may very well have counciled against this but is sticking to the cause eather as a favor to the owner, for any number of good reasons, or because there is a nice comission to be had if he sells the car. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out.Do we have any idea where the car/Antonio are? just one manm's opinion tongascrew

8. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    Also, the more mystery there is, the more questions it raises... By the way some of the posts (including mine) in this thread were lighthearted "jokes" due to the how odd the sales offer was... I wanted to set the record straight on this.

All in all, If the owner of the car does not wish to reveal her S/N it's his business, but that could potentially make him lose a sales to a SERIOUS buyer. Also, I don't understand why the owner does not want to sell to a broker: as long as they can agree on a price, that would be the main point wouldn't it? Some buyers do not have time or interest to personally take care of the purchase process and therefore trust a 3rd party to take care of the transaction...

Best.

9. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007

i am starting a new way to sell this kind of cars!!!
    because of a lot of wasting time are ready to go on false negotiation for these car...stop it, we need to be more serious, there is crisis in the world, and persons who could buy these cars are very low
    Regards

10. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #85 P4Replica, Nov 13, 2008
    So have you now dispensed with the services of your 'broker', the anonymous '3500 GT' ? :confused:

11. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    #86 ferrarip4, Nov 13, 2008
    You may not know but in this forum, there are plenty of owners of very serious F cars, much rarer and with more historical value than the one you're trying to sell. In the current state of the economy, what if, in revealing the S/N of the car, you get some inquiries and offers that are not serious. It maybe a little bit more work to discern real buyers from the "tire kickers", but IMO worth the time...

By providing the S/N of the car, you allow the people interested to do their research and get an idea of the real value of that automobile...

Best.

12. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    but what is 3500Gt?
    17 0r 77, i do not known, please explain it to me, i need to known
    and stop to think that it is mafia's trape or a shype...it is last time i heard it

13. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    i delete advertising for now
    probably a buyer is really interesting and he is coming to inspect the car

Best wishes to all of you and good luck with you business with Ferrari

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #89 BigTex, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for stopping in to talk to us!

Good luck in your sale and best wishes to the Owner.
    Thank him for his long time care of the machine.....

Damn, I have three Ferraris, a few F1 Team coats and maybe a coffee mug but I didn't know they made SOCKS!!!!!

Send me a pair, kare!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    +1

16. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Antonio:
    I wish YOU and the owner of the car the best of luck.
    If it were for real I would have bought it for myself. I am not a broker. Alas, you didn't want to reveal any information. You did not even want to tell WHERE to inspect the car. You were asked several times and you didn't reply. To various people you didn't reply. Italy is a big country, I know it quite well. Had you supplied at least a bit of information WHERE to meet you or WHERE to see the car, I would have jumped right into the car and met you tomorrow Friday morning. I can be in Milan in about 3 hours or in 10 hours I can be in Rome.
    Best of luck to you!
    Marcel Massini

17. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Yes, but after owning a car for 40 years or so you are perfectly aware what kind of people are out there and what kind of tricks they have in their bag. If you are used to operate in one way when buying or selling a car, it does not mean that the rest of the world would have to follow the same procedure.

I would also be very careful with a car that has been hiding for 50 years or so. Some of its value is based on the fact that we know nothing of it; somebody may pay a high premium for being able to be a king for a day bringing a car like that out. With 50 hi-res images and handfull of brokers crawling in the car this mystique is gone in a POOF.

Best wishes, Kare

18. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007

let me known your alias you used and probably i could let you come to inspect the car and obviously buy it.
    i repeat, if you did not see, the price of 700k euros for it

19. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    I have never owned one piece of Ferrari clothing and never will. I once bought a key fob in a Ferrari shop. When I came home I opened it up and found a piece of cardboard attached to it saying "Made in China". I threw the key fob away and made a promise that I will never buy another Ferrari product. Ever. For me Ferrari is an Italian thing and I don't want any Ferrari stuff coming from China. I may be a fool, but I don't want to look like one when I go out.

Best wishes, Kare

ketil3 likes this.
  20. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #95 Marcel Massini, Nov 13, 2008
    Antonio:
    I did not use an alias. Various friends of mine sent you several emails, various people in various countries, from various computers, with various IP addresses. You sent them all the same message but you did NOT answer their questions: WHERE can we meet and WHERE can we inspect the car? Without this minimal information it will be impossible to ever do a deal.
    Therefore again: WHERE in Italy can we meet? North or South? Milano? Bergamo? Torino? Modena? Bologna? Venezia? Rimini? Firenze? Genova? Napoli? Or more south? How about Palermo or Caltanisetta? LET ME KNOW. You have my email address.
    Grazie, cordiali saluti e buona serata
    Marcel Massini

21. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    With due respect to you, it's best that cars like these do not end up in clutches of "buyers" like that.

22. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Antonia,

3500 GT is a f-chatter with more info of your car (or about you, or is you).....
    And Kare I do agree I kind of dislike the all over F-badge guys.....I do not judge it, but you will never spot me whith what kind of merchandise whatsoever. It is all coming from China anyway (believe me I know).

Marcel, why put so much of (your precious) energy in this guy? He is either a hoax, a poseur, a fake or a very clever guy making a lot of fuzz about an old car with a very high asking price and no details. Why is he showing up on this site if he does not want to give any clues? For me he has been here before......

ps I have jumped many times in a plane to look at a car (and quite some times I bought it as well), but NEVER without detailed info. Last time I did so I found myself with another beautiful car but I did my homework

ciao
    Oscar

23. superleggera

superleggera Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Dry Heat, AZ
    Unfortunately most of the top titans who acquire the significant cars are involved in business -- daily operations, CEO, board of directors, lobbying DC for something, etc -- usually they have pretty heavy schedules. Thus a lot of them are dependent upon employees, restoration shops, brokers (sellers) or folks on retainer (% "finders fee" or via contract) to discover and forward them interesting acquisition possibilities or even to act as agent of acquisition itself as they don't want their name involved for legal or publicity reasons. (or to buffer them from legal action if heirs of the car being purchased later file ownership claims -- this happens a LOT!) So if there is nothing worthwhile as in case of this Europa in terms of identification or location or contact info -- there is no point in forwarding is there?

Best method of selling an "undiscovered find" is usually to contact someone within the industry and let them make private inquiries to sell. Sometimes as a broker or as "finders fee" paid via purchaser. Owners are usually happier as it will allow them to proper cleanup the car BEFORE being debuted "as found" or "restored". Thus most will pay a premium for this sort of car in fact.

Unfortunately some folks think the auction route (or magazine feature) is the best way to get premium dollar at times for something like this. But why would a potentional owner want to pay a premium for an undiscovered treasure if all the publicity has been maximized before acquisition?

One point for the broker of this Europa -- you did get an inquiry via a Top 5 collector. (I talked with him via phone yesterday) You didn't recognize his name obviously. In fact you sent him the same form letter that the rest of us received.

24. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    I'm not a vintage owner. I just read through the thread. I'm not sure why everybody has their panties in a bunch. It's the guys car and he can sell it as he likes. the last car i bought was not advertised and i never met the seller. so what, i got a great deal on a great car. He gives quite a bit of info. if you are interested in this car, go look at it, if not, why bust the guys balls? i have had many people sell a car to me at a good price because they "like " me or refuse to sell because they don't. Doesn't seem like it makes sense to me, but it's their car.

25. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #100 Marcel Massini, Nov 13, 2008
    Agreed, he can do what he wants, EXCEPT that the man so far has repeatedly refused to tell (even in a private mail and not on ferrarichat) WHERE to go in Italy and WHERE to possibly buy the car. HOW do you really wanna sell something if you don't supply this information? It will never happen this way. Of course, he can keep the car and of course, he does not need to sell it to Marcel Massini. He may not like me, that is absolutely ok. I have no problem with this. And I don't care.
    Many mothers have beautiful daughters. It's a buyer's market now, that's for sure, and cash is king.
    Marcel Massini