my wife wants us to go to new orleans this weekend | Page 2 | FerrariChat

my wife wants us to go to new orleans this weekend

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by ross, Jan 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

Ross I own the Saint Hotel there. Well located with an edgy atmosphere. Check it out..www.thesainthotelneworleans.com next to the Ritz Carlton

As to restaurants you HAVE to eat at Revolution - it's awesome. Don't miss jacomos in the garden district either..

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    This is the place Mark was referring to:

Jacques Imo's Cafe | Real New Orleans Food

It's technically outside of the Garden District in the Carrolton neighborhood. Just a 15m Uber ride from Mark's hotel downtown.

It's loud, fun, and the food is over the top good. Show up, put your name on the list, then head next door to the Maple Leaf for a pre-dinner drink. Maple Leaf is a total dive, but the Jacques-Imo's people will come get you when the table is ready :)

And yes to Restaurant R'evolution as well. Chicago steakhouse meets Cajun/French culinary bliss. Bring your wallet!

3. valter

valter F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2008
    Nibiru
    Full Name:
    Vlad
    #28 valter, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Handsome pups! Looks like Jackson Square. Nawlins is a great city to walk around in...T

5. valter

valter F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2008
    Nibiru
    Full Name:
    Vlad
    Thank you! Yes that was Jackson Square. We promised ourselves to return there when we can spare a bit more time.

6. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    sounds good ! will try to stay there next time !

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Hope you get a chance to go soon. New Orleans is one of America's great cities to visit...T

8. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I found Jacamos to be overated fried food. 30 years ago it was cafe Savana infinitely better. Maple leaf has great music if you can stay up till midnight, yes it looks like a dive, but hen I like to eat crawfish at frankie and Johnies. Best pecan pie imo is the one at camelia grill, fried in lard on the hot grill, amazing if not so good for the heart.

Of the classic non pretentious NO resteraunts Mandinas is still a favorite.

Comanders used to be consistently good foodwise, last meal I had there 2 weeks ago, it was like cooking by the numbers and trading on its name. So far off the standard that I wouldnt go back.

NO one of Americas great cities, IMO the quarter is a bit of a drunken dive, like disney with alcohol, but outside of the quarter into the garden district its like traveling to a bit of pre ww2 france.