My white FF | Page 31 | FerrariChat

My white FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Fritz d'Orey, Sep 22, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. seawise

seawise Karting

Feb 29, 2016
    Sussex, UK
    thanks for all the compliments

Garretto, no I didn't take any pics in the showroom (the ones of my FF were taken by the salesman), they do have a red and a stunning blue LF in the showroom, amongst lots of other high end Ferrari's that I fancy but can't afford !

2. Fritz d'Orey

Fritz d'Orey Formula Junior
    Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    #752 Fritz d'Orey, May 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Will never forget any of my many dogs that passed away. Cappuccino was the last. Miss him...

Have a new fantastic lovely dog: Gasparzinho. He loves my Ferrari but if its a long trip he gets sea sick.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

That's a beautiful dog...T

4. ferrari169

ferrari169 Karting

Jan 14, 2014
    Northeast USA
    Awww, so cute and lovely!

5. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Oh Fritz, so very happy for you -- and for him, to have such a loving companion as you! when did he come into your home and - how old?

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Beautiful dog. Congratulations!

7. ch1953

ch1953 Rookie

Jun 8, 2013
    #757 ch1953, May 27, 2016
  8. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    #758 Fritz d'Orey, May 30, 2016
    I think it's a lovely story.
    I was devastated by the death of my 10 years long companion.
    The only good thing was that in the first two months I almost stopped eating and went from 97kg to 82kg. The weight I had at 20 years old.
    My girl friend wanted me to have another dog and finally, after almost 3 months I saw in the internet that there was an abandoned dog in the south of Portugal (200 miles from Cascais). In the photo he looked a little bit like my gone maltese Cappuccino.
    Called the indicated phone number and the lady told me he was left attached to a pole 3 months ago. Told her next morning I would be there to get the dog.
    Drove the FF with a friend and there was my dog. He was razed with quite a few scars and dirty. We couldn't get near him that he tried to bite us.
    The lady put him in the back of the FF (both rear seats down) and we drove back.
    His name is Gaspar and he stayed as far back in the car as possible. If we tried to touch him he attacked.
    Roads in Portugal are the best all over the country. Then something happened. I was driving rather fast when a truck drove to the middle of the road and I had to brake. Gaspar was thrown from the back and when he was almost crashing to the Ferrari's dashboard I pushed him to my friends lap. Afraid he started caressing and singing to Gaspar. Miracle!!!
    We drove straight to the vet where he took a bath and all the things the vet wanted to do.
    Was told he is about 8 years old and half westy half maltese.
    Now after almost 2 years he became one of the nicest and most beautiful dog I ever had. His fur grew beautifully and he is admired wherever we go. We are both very grateful and love, no, we adore each other.
    Sorry for the long story.

pitbullforte likes this.
  9. 22 yards

22 yards Rookie

May 2, 2016
    Basel, Switzerland
    Great story. :)

We should start a thread on dogs in FFs, if there isn't one already. The main reason I bought my FF was to accommodate my girlfriend, my 8-year-old son and our 6-month-old Australian Shepherd on weekends away with luggage for us all, including skis and equipment. There's no other car in the world that manages that tall order with even half as much grace, style, poise and, whenever you want it, power.

I'm thrilled with my FF. I've yet to pack the skis for a trip, but I'm looking forward to winter — and spring has barely got going! The best news of all, though, is that our pup is a great passenger. He'll get used to spirited cornering... ;)

10. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    #760 Fritz d'Orey, Jul 10, 2016
    Yes, we should start a thread on dogs in general. I bet that most of us have and love our dogs...

11. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    Portugal must be going crazy tonight with the incredible win over France!!!!

12. deeprivergarage

deeprivergarage Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 3, 2009
    S of Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sr. d'Orey,

I hope all is well with you, your dog, and your cars.

Haven't heard much from you lately, but I appreciate your posts.

Best regards,

Jerry

13. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    #763 Fritz d'Orey, Jan 31, 2017
    Boy, am I happy with my life...

Am 78 years old, have 5 children, 20 Ferraris since my first in 1957 (now a FF and a 458 Spider), raced at the glorious 50's:
    Here is me in 1959 F1 GP of England:

timjen88 likes this.
  14. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    great to hear, Fritz!
    after your last message to me, I've tried emailing, PM'ing and texting you.
    Let me now how things are going.
    Mike Z

15. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Great to hear from you Fritz

In good health I hope? Your Ferrari's and you of course :)

16. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    Sorry, Mike. Last year was the worst of my life.
    Bladder cancer since march. Two surgeries, weeks in hospital, 12 chimios and last week the doctor said: cured for the time being.
    Had lots of time to think about my life and how happy my past was.
    Friday will will know if everything in my body is ok.
    Enjoying very much Portugal, mainly Cascais.
    And how are you and your family?
    Abraço
    Fritz

17. JL350

JL350 Karting

Jan 20, 2013
    Sorry to hear of your troubles last year. I hope they are behind you and 2017 brings new adventures and happy moments.

Are you going to upgrade to the new Lusso?

Please keep sharing your adventures in your Ferrari's and the memories of your racing. It is great reading and I enjoy the stories

18. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I hope you get past this challenge and things take a turn for the better Fritz!

19. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Meu caro Fritz,

Fico muito feliz com essa notícia e desejo-lhe desde já continuação de felicidades, de boa recuperação e de muitos anos de vida! O ano passado foi também, muito provavelmente, o pior da minha vida por diversos factores. O meu pai enfrentou e enfrenta um problema de saúde semelhante ao seu. No caso dele, ainda estamos na luta, um dia de cada vez :)

Espero que se encontre bem e que o ano de 2017 lhe renove as forças, a esperança e a sua alegria de viver contagiante. Espero que continue a desfrutar da sua vida, dos seus Ferrari, da sua família e da magnífica vila de Cascais (ainda na semana passada estive a jantar aí com a minha namorada, sua conterrânea).

Um abraço com sincera estima e amizade,

Nuno.

20. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I am happy and relieved to hear all seems good now!
    I don't know if you got my messages... if there is ever anything I can help with / answer questions, don't hesitate to contact me.
    My family is doing very well! My oldest is going to college in 6 months! She was accepted into her first choice of schools... so good for her!
    we love Texas! Great driving roads, and can drive my car year around! (unlike Chicago!)

You are a wonderful person, Fritz.... all the best!
    Stay well!!

21. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Wow what a thread! Such a gentleman (and all of you fine Fchatters as well)

Fritz first and foremost, glad you are okay right now. Thank you for all of the stories, insight, pictures etc etc etc

From one track guy/racer to another , I'm glad to see your passion still burning strong and as well for the FF. I'm only 31 however have done a lot with track/supercars in my life since 17, while I was always about the track car/setup first I now truly enjoy and understand the brilliance of these modern marvels, being comfortable in luxury with still being able to turn the settings to monster mode for all of the frills. It's truly enjoyable, more of the time!

Few things
    As for oversteer, my car with esc off I have no problem with inducing oversteer, anytime I want it. While my tires aren't the freshest st the moment (plant throttle in first spins through first) even a year ago I was able to get the back end out when I wanted it too... just takes some real early/heavy throttle to overcome the rear

While not a track car (I agree) at fiorano it was still as fast as the 599 gto which is a fine track car. So while it doesn't have the precision and feel of a lightweight track weapon it surely still can get around a road course in respectable time/quickness!

Lastly, do you notice any difference between your 12 early model ff and your new one?

Be well to you and everyone else
    Look forward to reading more
    Martin

22. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    Great picture !

Glad to hear you are on the mend, and thanks for sharing your experiences with everyone here on fchat.

Um abraćo ( oh how I miss my walk along the beach from hotel in estoril to cascais ).

23. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    Hi Martin,
    To tell the truth got the new FF 2015 only because it had the panoramic and the Apple thing.
    Still have my 2012 FF (klms. 24k) and both wonderfully similar. For me it's the best car in the world.
    Tomorrow there is a track day at Estoril autodrome and will have some fun with the new FF.
    Best regards
    Fritz

24. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    #774 Fritz d'Orey, Apr 17, 2017
  25. Caeruleus11