My Tamburini | FerrariChat

My Tamburini

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Rustybody, Nov 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rustybody

Rustybody Karting

Apr 17, 2005
    Langen
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #1 Rustybody, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Planned a nice 2 day motorcycle ride with a friend I had not seen for a few years. I love my MV Tamburini. It sounds good and looks good . Halfway through day 1 epic hub failure. I had to leave the bike at a service station over night and return the next day with a replacement hub.
    Well actually, I rang everyone I know. I called a friend who had a bike trailer but his kids were sick and wife was interstate. I could get another car and trailer but this guys wife would have to catch a cab to work. Insurance company would not offer anything, and I was 2 hours from home.
    I could join the automotive club and have it towed but it would cost too much (I have recently moved to a new country and have not joined yet). My only option was to get home remove the rebuilt hub from my other MV Agusta and do a swap. 2 hours being doubled home. Took half an hour to remove the hub and I was off. 2 hours driving to arrive and realise I had left the socket to remove the wheel nut in the garage! I had to leave the bike overnight as it was late and would have been a 4 hour round trip where I would return to the bike at 2am. After a long day riding I thought I would pick this up in the morning. The bike was still at the service station in the morning, did the change and rode it home.
    Those bloody MV rear hubs!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That's a memorable adventure, for sure. At least the weather was decent!

Congrats to you and your resourcefulness.

BTW, what's that unusual statue in the background?

3. Rustybody

Rustybody Karting

Apr 17, 2005
    Langen
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Ned Kelly at Glenrowan. I was asking for his advice. Stick to the idiotic Aussie speed limits (I have just returned from Germany) or race the cops to Albury.

4. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    Very nice F4 mate, i used to have a 312 and now have an 2013 RR. Your Tamburini is certainly the F4 to have.
    My first F4 i changed the hub to a Mitch unit, i also did not over tighten my pinch bolts. Theres allot of talk that this causes some failures.

5. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Hope you replaced it with a Mitchy hub, so you don't have to do it again......

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    #6 parkerfe, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    Does Germany have its equivalent of the American Motorcyclist Association? The AMA will send someone to pick up you and your bike almost anywhere, even deep in the National Forest on a dirt bike. Ask me how I know...

7. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I also have a Tamburini. Beautiful motorcycle. PITA to work on.

8. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #8 alexm, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    Our highway speed limits are set low for such long distances and open country and are zealously policed.

Glenrowan is in VIC and they are even worse (if possible) than the other states.. they earn the most revenue by far with an aggressive policy of hidden cameras on easy freeways looking to get even that few km/h "over".

The story of Ned Kelly is an interesting one.. while an outlaw it was also in an era of harsh and sometimes corrupt treatment by the authorities of the time creating problems too.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Kelly

Sort of like the current various road authorities really lol.. It's a wonder we don't see modern day Kelly like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max more often ;)

Glad you got your bike fixed!

9. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

10. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    I have a 312RR, was kind of like "really?" to your comment.

Compared to Yammys or Suzuki..MV's are a breeze!

11. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    What is the problem with the stock hub?

12. Rustybody

Rustybody Karting

Apr 17, 2005
    Langen
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I did replace it with a Mitch. A few rides before I was doing 300 along the Autobahn between Mannheim and Darmstadt.
    I like the Tambo, very easy to ride.

13. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Forgot to mention, gorgeous bike. It's nice to see someone RIDE one!!

Not many out there on the road (at all!!)