My take on the Bugatti Veyron | FerrariChat

My take on the Bugatti Veyron

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Bull_Attack, Jan 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bull_Attack

Bull_Attack Rookie

Oct 3, 2005
    #1 Bull_Attack, Jan 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    (for those who don't read the Ferrari posts).

I just got back from test driving the Bugatti Veyron. 1001 HP $1 Million Euros (Which I believe is a very fair price for such a historical vehicle). The experience was out of this world. W 16 Cylinders quad turbo. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. Top speed 253 MPH. 250 to zero stopping in 10 seconds. Tires in the rear are 21 inch 365s. 4 tires cost 50K! Only 300 will be produced and VW the parent of Bugatti will be taking a loss of 6 Million on each vehicle. 7 speed transmission, double clutch. Shifting is almost incomprehensible as every upper gear is engaged while in a lower one (I.a. when in second, 3rd is already engaged ready to go).

The Veyron has 50% more horse power and 100% more torque than the Enzo!

This car has set such exciting parameters. You can cruise and have a comfortable conversation in a very civilized sort of quiet car, yet as soon as you punch it, it goes crazy. It is very fast and extremely manageable. It was a true joy to drive.

VW is taking such a loss to prove that technology is there. With this kind of marketing, they will make up on future model line ups of Bugatti, possibly 4 to 5 different models, ofcourse at lower prices, according to the representatives.

Bugatti just raised the standard so high that other manufacturers must be going crazy. It is very exciting to see the exotic car industry evolve to these levels. Now let's see how long it will take the Japanese to manufacture a sports car that will compete with the Bugatti at a fraction of the price.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    awesome! are you gonna buy one??

3. HIGHROLLERM85

HIGHROLLERM85 Karting

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I don't think the Veyron will be topped. THe FXX comes close but isn't a road car so does not count IMO. It would be intresting to see how automakers try to top it. I think it will sell out and be a ledgend like the Mclaren F1.

4. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Awesome stuff. You're incredibly lucky to get behind the wheel os such a rare car! This was at Symbolic I presume?

5. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    may i ask, how do u get a test drive of the veyron?...

6. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    That looks like Lambo/Bentley Beverly Hills.

That car is in transport to Nor-Cal as I type this, if it is not already there.
    Vegas is getting Symbolics next.

7. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Good question. I'm guessing you have to be very very very very lucky. Or just be a automotive journalists and be very very very lucky.

8. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    How about this stat on the Veyron. You can race a McLaren F1 in a straight line...give the McLaren a head start to 120 mph...hit the gas and beat him to 200mph...that is INSANE!

9. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    That is insane.

What is the ride like? Is it harsh or on the softer side? Or in between?

10. Rapidsugarfoot

Rapidsugarfoot Karting

Nov 11, 2005
    Naples,FL
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    All I have to say is that I am completely jealous and even though I am about to buy a Lambo in the next few months, I would probably have a hard time taking a SL500 for a test drive.....!!!!!! Thanks for the post man, I will have great dreams at 253MPH

11. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    Words cannot explain the Veyron, I still dream about it, and its been over a week since I drove it.

12. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    You you must have DEEEEEEP pockets to get one of those. I don't even wanna know what the maintenance bill will be, and don't even think about if something breaks. $1mm should be chump change to you if your gonna get a Veyron.

You guys sure are lucky to have been able to drive that car.

Can you imagine trying to get insurance on that thing? Fuggetaboudit.

13. Looney

Looney F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    Gold Coast
    Full Name:
    BB
    i would imagine people in that league would self insure?

14. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    It would be cool if 3-5 guys got together and went in on one!! :D ;)

15. Murcielago_Boy

Murcielago_Boy Formula Junior

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord
    Forgive my skepticism but most of the information you have provided can be looked up on the internet.

Given that you "drove" the car, could you perhaps elaborate on the DRIVING please?

16. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    I believe him, no reason not to. The dude owns three Lambos too.... so it's not totally out of the question. When you're a made man you really have no reason to be a poser... so that just increases the validity of the post.

17. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    4 tires for 50k, how could that be?

18. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The more I learn about this car, the more I love it. I hated the looks of it at first, I thought the handling would suck and I would just be a straight line car, and if they ever did get this thing into production, they would have to compromise ALOT about the car. Well, the car is here and I couldnt be more wrong. I became a believer once they started showing up at dealers and getting reviews. I think it was Clarksons video about the car that sold me.

The little facts about this car amaze me. Did you know VW/Bugatti didnt really produce the car to compete with others, but rather just to prove such an accomplishment can be done?

19. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Yup, it was a statement to the global auto industry that they can still do it. They loose 5-6 mil per car, the development cost so much that they turn zero profit from each sale. I love the mentality involved here. It was a car built to shake the automotive world forever. I don't such an automobile will ever be made, one that can create such an enormous impact as this.

You can say it's a milestone for Bugatti to re-enter the exotic car world. Now that they have established an impeccable benchmark, they've recreated that reputation that one needs in order to prosper in the exotic car market. Rock on, Bugatti!

20. Bull_Attack

Bull_Attack Rookie

Oct 3, 2005
    The little facts about this car amaze me. Did you know VW/Bugatti didnt really produce the car to compete with others, but rather just to prove such an accomplishment can be done?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Pierre (the chief driver for Bugatti and the gentleman who goes on test drives with potential clients) mentioned that making the Veyron for the automotive industry parallels human's desire to go to the moon. It shows that it can be done.

By the way the interesting thing is that Pierre (a true gentleman) is an ex Le Mans Mclaren driver and as he put it, the Bugatti can elevate a non-Le Mans driver very close to that of the race car driver, as soon as that client takes the wheel. The car has an all wheel drive system that is not a partial all wheel drive. It can go 100% front traction or 100% rear traction and any combination in between.

21. Bull_Attack

Bull_Attack Rookie

Oct 3, 2005
    I understand that many of you might be children posting here. However there is a dilemma that exotic car owners face. To be arrogant or not. My personality is that of a friendly one and if I get the chance to share some of my positive experience in life about cars with fellow owners or potential future owners I do so. However the dilemma is that if you're not very friendly when seen in an exotic car, you're called names.

But if you happen to be friendly and share your knowledge and experience, then you're faced with the lack of understanding and comprehensive abilities of a person who would call you names irregardless of your attitude because of your material accomplishments.

Cars and material objects don't make a person. The guy who bought the Enzo for the wrong ego reasons, has just been ousted by The Bugatti and one who does so with The Bugatti will be done by the next exotic. There's always a bigger, better and a newer one if you're looking outwardly.

The driving experience with The Bugatti was very enjoyable, but has also made me appreciate more what I have and has made me think weather owning a Bugatti would even be necessary!

22. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    Of course its necessary. It's only going to take that ONE TIME, where you absolutely need to be going 253 mph down the highway to get to that key place to secure that billion dollar deal you just got the call for(and there fore couldnt secure a plane ticket). But instead you'll be limited to around 200ish in ur lambo, get to the place 20 mins or so too late, and boom. Some buff ricer guy just happen to be passing by 10 mins earlier and now he's a billionaire.

That guy is Vin Diesel.
    You don't want to hate yourself because of Vin Diesel, so you'll need a Veyron.

23. Murcielago03

Murcielago03 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Shaan
    Dude, your not even thinking about the girls...I mean thats what exotic cars are meant for. You bought your cars for the wrong reason ;)

24. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    Veyrons don't get the girls. Lambos do :)

Bugattis are for impressing ur friends.

25. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Congratulations you are very lucky to get a test drive

Just out of interest did they give you any indication of:

a. How many of the 300 have already been sold
    b. How many have been made and what the monthly build rate is
    c. Where most of the cars have been sold