My Portofino journey | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My Portofino journey

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Y not, Jul 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    #26 Y not, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    Spec locked. I had two designed. One Rosso C with all the interior Plastics made black with red leather bits used sparingly.

But I went with the one I’d put into the configuration 12 months ago with a bit of “embellishment”

Azz California
    Magneride, shields, led wheel (the obvious bits)
    Sabbia and Baby Blu interior with alternate seat design.
    Some custom coloured interior elements.
    20” forged Bright wheels and exhaust bits.

Estimated June/July delivery. Factory collection requested but obviously all might move due to the issues.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Any configurator pics to share? Azzurro California with the interior elements you described sounds dreamy...T

3. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Not yet. Awaiting the renders. Will post when I get them.

4. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Great to see the CV19 issues starting first steps of easing around the world, but a long way to go with some more lows along the way I think.

Been quite a while but car is now just gone status 40. Dealer saying roughly July likely delivery into uk, (but it takes what it takes and we all know things are likely to change).

Asked them about looking for the renders which understandably never came through. Apparently the photos on the app will still appear at some point as well.

Apparently still no factory visitors for the foreseeable. Atelier and factory collection not possible until that changes. I thought that might be the case, but thought I’d post in case anyone else was interested.

So I got A great ray of sunshine due to the update call today. Enjoy the highs, they help you get through the lows......

tomc likes this.
  5. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Supplementary purchases started. Carbonio Number plate holder ordered last night. Shipping to the UK now I guess.

6. tiki80

tiki80 Rookie

Jun 19, 2013
    Singapore
    I made order for Portofino on Sep 3th and already got final rendered pics on Mar 9th. I still cant see anything in my.ferrari.com or haven't heard anything after March. So probably Covid-19 made a mess out of this process..

I'm hoping to get some positive news in few weeks.. :)

Y not likes this.
  7. devet4

devet4 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    I don't know what I have done wrong. I placed my order in April last year. Our Atelier visit in Maranello was in October, the final specification and the second deposit was made in December. My experience with the Dutch dealer has been very disappointing. Apart from a letter about the closure of the factory, he never actively informed me of the progress. In December, then February, March and May I asked for a custom rendering in which only the body color had to be changed and I never got a reply. Last week I contacted the dealer again for a delivery date. The answer was status 10. How informative is that?.

8. Andrew Pour

Andrew Pour Karting

Oct 7, 2019
    Found the below in another forum:

10 - Orders accepted (Red 10 = No Changes)
    20 - Chassis assembly (at Scaglietti)
    30 - Painting
    40 - Assembly line (dash/wiring/interior/options)
    50 - Assembly line (engine/transmission)
    60 - Finishing
    70 - Testing (road/track)
    85 - Storage
    90 - Water (intransit)
    92 - PDI completed
    93 - Shipping to dealers
    94 - Dealer stock
    94 - Red - retailed
    95 - Submit to factory

Y not and BLAMPEE like this.
  9. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Hi devet4. I noticed you said you dealt with a Dutch dealer. I placed my order for a Portofino with Kroymans in Hilversum. Have you been dealing with the same dealer (Kroymans)? Have you not received your car yet??? Seems VERY long after you placed your order in April last year :eek:

10. devet4

devet4 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Hi Cyrus.
    It is indeed Kroymans and very long. Especially compared to you, placing an order in January and expected delivery end of this month.I have no clue when mine will be comming.

11. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Unit arrived this morning now that’s some great service on international orders. Very efficient design.

12. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2

Attached Files:

13. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
  14. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Sorry to disappoint you but this is EXACTLY the picture I got of "my" car on the production line. It is not my car as it has the cut outs for shields which I do not have. Methinks it is a standard photograph and unlikely to be your car. Hope you get your car soon though

15. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Delivered my 911 in at the dealer today (t'was a nice car ;)) and discovered that my Portofino was now at status 85 (Storage). Wonder how long it will be before it is deliverd here.:rolleyes:

16. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    :) Nice of them to send you a pic of my car as mine has shields ;)

Fully aware it could be a library pic. Looks like a Roma behind it.

17. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    :D

18. devet4

devet4 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Huh, now I’m puzzled.

You were at the dealer and discovered a new status? We’re did you look for it? Weren’t they able to tell you anything?

19. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    We could write a business case on this or maybe a soap :confused:. I went to the dealer to hand in my 911 which was to be traded in. We went through all the 911 papers and he was very friendly and looked up the status. He did not say anything so I assumed it was still at status 70. He subsequently dropped me home. On the way home he casually mentioned my car was now at status 85. Not a word while I was there. I have a good reason for wanting the car soon, not just because everyone wants it quickly. Until the drive home I thought it was status 70 so it could be a while before it is transported to Holland and I had made plans on the basis of it being 70. However, if it is at 85 it may arrive sooner than I thought. I despair :eek:.

20. devet4

devet4 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    It most certainly is!

In my case, when I turned in my California last year November (my Porto was supposed to be delivered first quarter), they explained me how to walk to the train station.

They have not once informed me proactively about a new status! Buying a new Ferrari is my most disappointing (and only) car buying experience.

21. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
  22. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Looks good. Is that Azzurro California?

23. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    The FerrariApp is really shameful.:( My car (also Azzurro California) is at status 85 which means it is in storage but the only picture on MyFerrari is the standard picture of unpainted cars. If it is in storage waiting to be transported it must be actually finished :eek:. Maybe Ferrari is actually proud of how bad they are at communication.

24. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Yes. Azzuro California. Interior is Sabbia so that protector Matt in the car gives me an idea of how it will look.

Do a full power off on the device that the app is on. That sometimes works. I got the email but no pics showed until the device was reset.....power off and on must be the most used fix in any industry !

25. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Thanks for your suggestion but no luck. I tried both a power off and deleted the app and downloaded it again. Still the same: car listed as on the "waiting list" even though the dealer says it is Status 85, photograph of a standard production line and after sales reference is a dealer in Nottingham UK. I have no idea why Nottingham as I live in The Netherlands and the car was ordered from a dealer here. Nor can i remove the nottingham reference. Nuts