:( My poor 575 :( Someone rescue her... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

:( My poor 575 :( Someone rescue her...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by VOKS7780, Mar 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VOKS7780

VOKS7780 Karting

Apr 2, 2020
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    VIC OVASAPYAN
    Thankfully I walked out of it with no major injuries due to how well these cars were made. The other driver that hit me while driving ran away and most probably under the influence of something and or not having insurance or proper documentation.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  2. VOKS7780

VOKS7780 Karting

Apr 2, 2020
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    VIC OVASAPYAN
    At one point I'll eventually get a 575 if I find a really nice one like my previous one but for now I'm going for a really nice 2014 FF.

niftyfivefifty and F456M like this.
  3. VOKS7780

VOKS7780 Karting

Apr 2, 2020
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    VIC OVASAPYAN
    You know I was wondering that myself. Maybe it's an error code due to some wires being disconnected or something similar?

4. VOKS7780

VOKS7780 Karting

Apr 2, 2020
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    VIC OVASAPYAN
    Was told that it has frame damage at the A pillar or something like that. The door was pushed in pretty bad at the hinges and at the lock. The gearbox synchro might be cracked as it was leaking hydraulic fluid at the accident scene.

white out likes this.
  5. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    Unbelievably sad....... was a beauty.

VOKS7780 likes this.
  6. niftyfivefifty

niftyfivefifty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2007
    PacNW
    That is great to hear you will get to be in another Fcar for the time being. Let us know when the 575 search begins and I bet we can all help you find a worthy replacement.

VOKS7780 likes this.
  7. VOKS7780

VOKS7780 Karting

Apr 2, 2020
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    VIC OVASAPYAN
    I appreciate it guys, thanks.

8. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    right but if it were repaired by insurance then it wouldn’t be a salvage title afterwards. It would still have a big repair on its history but a clean title.
    To my eye however, this car looks like a great candidate to mashup into a factory five Daytona kit. How cool would that be? And you’d have a big pile of valuable 575 parts left over to help recover some cost.

9. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    In most states it will always be branded "salvage", even if it's built back to perfection..... the only way to avoid that is not to ever turn it over to the insurance company.... for many years it was a problem that "totaled" vehicles would get bought as salvage, rebuilt and subsequent owners never knew.... salvage title laws remedies that... think about it... if there were two identical 575s sitting next to each other for sale both same price, same color, same options..... both perfect, but one had been a total loss with an $80K repair... which one would you buy first? How upset would you be if you bought the repaired one and no one told you?

How much less would the repaired one have to be to get you to pick it over the un-repaired one? History indicates anywhere from 10% to 30%....

10. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ah, Vic - this is terrible! We don't have enough Maranellos out there as it is!

11. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    How much did this hammer for? I was watching it climb to 33k$ last night but I can’t see the final bid now.

12. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ugh I watched earlier today as well but was busy and didn’t watch the end.

I thought it was maybe $35k when I looked and thought that might makes sense for a dedicated parts guy.

13. VOKS7780

VOKS7780 Karting

Apr 2, 2020
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    VIC OVASAPYAN
    I saw it 37k 15 minutes until the finish but then it didn't update after that without a login.

14. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
  15. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
  16. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    $49k today? Shenanigans...or buy a running version w carbon and sports seats today on BaT tor $67k.

technom3, Ryan S. and rhern213 like this.
  17. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    It looks like it was partially repaired?