My observations on my F12, tdf, and 812 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My observations on my F12, tdf, and 812

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by 575joe, May 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thank you Joe. Your review and comparison of the models is really appreciated. Congratulations on your good fortune to have experienced them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iloveferrari likes this.
  2. Corvus

Corvus Rookie

May 10, 2007
    Something very important to add about the tdf, F12, 812 cars. The 4 wheel steering on the 812 makes the car very difficult to predict in a power slide. The new SSC is always on in the 812 even in ESP OFF. In the tdf, the 4 wheel steering de-activates when power sliding, making the tdf far more easy to drive aggressively.

I hope this will change once I burn off the crappy Pirellis that my 812 came with. But I don't think it will.
    The only other option could be to use 'snow chain' mode which also de-activates the 812 4WS, but I assume it will also lock the manettino in wet mode.

3. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Is SSC on when esp off????
    Why would they do that????
    4ws can be on when esp off like porsche do but SSC on????
    4ws for me is no problem doing powerslide but it makes difficult to initiate powerslide and also put the driver into the uncomfortable moments of neutral stage in between understear and overstear.
    SSC on the other hand is different story.
    SSC on means I can not modulate the angle but computer does with throttle mapping.
    It just kills the fun...... :(

4. jtkeller

jtkeller Karting

Dec 6, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    Great write up, thank you for sharing your experiences.

Have you had any time behind the wheel of a GTC4Lusso or lussoT? I’d be curious to see how the V12 experience compares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. LittleLittleTiger

Jun 11, 2018
    UK
    Great post. Thanks

6. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Great write up and thanks a lit for the g-force list!
    At least i have to say, wooowww, the E63S is a real beast... :D

7. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Having owned both an F12 and 812 I completely agree the 812 feels more aggressive, raw, powerful, a better car to drive. It sounds better ( except maybe at high rev where the F12 sounds glorious and pure) and louder at start up/idle and low rpm, you can definitely drive easily around town if you want to even though i had a feeling compared to the F12 that can really be a smooth GT around town when you are in the 812 you can feel the car just wants to go and scream even though it is able to behave like a GT. The 812 is probably the closest you can be to a track/special edition car while still being a GT car. Design wise the 812 looks beautiful however in my eyes not as clean and timeleas as the F12/tdf series.
    Lastly for some reason I found the steering sharper and more precise on the F12 compared to the 812, perhaps due to the fact Ferrari are just starting with EPS so there may be some room for improvement there precision-wise
    Compared to the TdF the tdf imo sounds the best, design wise it it perfection, not too many lines, perfectly proportioned and balanced, the right details and the last pininfarina inspired masterpiece. I have just bought one recently so can’t yet comment on how it drives vs the 812 and F12 but it seems from what i was told more special, more precise, planted,agile, responsive, raw and can more easily give the emotion one would look from a special v12 ferrari while at the same time giving you a heart attack without you noticing you are having a heart attack haha!

mclaren slr likes this.