My newly acquired F40 replica | Page 7 | FerrariChat

My newly acquired F40 replica

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by F40 replica guy, Dec 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    YOu know, for someone with some programming and design skills, it might be fun to create a 'Frankenstein Car Configurator." You have your choice of frames, from ladder, to racing tubular, to carbon tub, engines, from rover 4 to Enzo (salvage), body cladding, interiors, seat and trim choices, wheels, tires, etc., all based on real world products and components, with their associated real world prices attached. ONce you are done putting together your monster, you get a pic of the thingie, along with a total in parts cost. (Labor of course, is a whole other thing....).

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    AFAIK the honors of the Frankenferrari already went to Norwood for his American Iron front engined 308 he took to Bonneville. Awesome article in Forza a few years back. :)

3. mrdigital

mrdigital Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Nashville
    Do they offer a service to clean the doll?

4. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

Oh, but what a 5 years it would be....

Pics, we're all here waiting for pics. Would William H or someone please post a pic of their real F40. I'm feeling queasy from looking at all of the fakes.

5. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    #155 MarkPDX, Dec 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wanna see what the 6.0 would look like with a blower and gold wheels? :D I have seen some stuff like that on the web where you could pick to color of the car and see what various wheels would look like..... to lazy to dig it up right now

Here are a few..... the first one is an F40 that was in the infield area at Laguna Seca, the next few are Chris Parr's car at the Kinesis booth at Laguna Seca and on Cannery Row......
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    #156 MarkPDX, Dec 12, 2005
  7. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    Never let a friend do your paint job .. there was a hair up on the roof ... under the paint. He forgot to fix a piece of body work .. he said he will finish it later. There are some small bubbles in the hard to shoot areas and overall it hasn't dried yet so it isn't glossy at all.

I am very dissapointed at the moment. I know nothing about paint but I really hope it will dry up and shine a bit. I need to get it buffed when it is completely dry I guess. The good news is he used the right color Giallo Modena is the name of the color. If you have anu suggestions of what to do abotu a crappy paint job please let me know .. please be constructive rather than say something stupid like strip it all and paint it again. If I could do that I wouldn't have gone the cheap route in the first place. I am not a happy camper right now.

should I still post some pics even though it is dark out and the paint sucks butt?

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Yes.

9. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    POST PICS!!!!

10. axemansean

axemansean Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    Dude sorry to say this but the amount you spent purchasing the fake and painting it could have easily acquired you a REAL 308.

Yes to an extent I agree that some exotic owners have garage queens, no different from some non exotic owners. I'd like a Ferrari one day, but I'd buy a cheap one because I beat my cars to hell and back. I know quite a few exotic owners who treat their cars like cars and not as conversation pieces.

I admire your dedication, but please don't tell me given the chance you wouldn't own a real F40.

11. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Yup.

12. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I am going to go so far as to say that you are completely bull****ting us. There is no replica. If there is, you can take a picture of yourself in front of it, holding a sign that says, F U FarmerDave, and I will make it my Avatar and Profile picture for thirty days.

13. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    but when i say F U FarmerDave you just try to kick me in the nuts...

14. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    I don't swear FD .. but I will put a sign up saying some thing else like Hi F-Chat or something.

Putting batteries in the camera right now and heading out to the very crowded garage. be back in a minute

15. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Noah, If you can find a Ferrari-replica kit car to pose in front of, holding a sign that says FU FD I will make that my profile pic for 2 months. You have until 12:00am EST, Wednesday, December 14th.

If replica F40 guy makes with his pic, then your time wil have to come after his 30 days.

16. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    That wouldn't be funny enough to be my avatar or profile pic, but I'd welcome that.

BTW, I totally stole this schtick from CMY. Credit where credit is due.

17. stugots

stugots Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    PDX
    Full Name:
    B T L
    #167 stugots, Dec 12, 2005
  18. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sorry to hear the paint job sucked. :(

19. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I also met Ron that day... And MarkPDX! WoOt

20. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    #170 F40 replica guy, Dec 12, 2005
  21. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    On page 2 of this thread I put up a copy of my invoice ... you will see it is the same license plate number ... for those skeptics. I was going to hold a paper up but ym batteries ran out.

22. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    you know what, i have to admit, it is a good replica

24. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    #174 MarkPDX, Dec 12, 2005
  25. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Well, I must apologize, it seems you do indeed have an F40 replica in your garage. :D

I was skeptical about your story when you reported problems with the paint, after promising us pics earlier in the day. I was certain that that was just the start of many excuses to come.

That doesn't look like the worst F40 replica ever built. I mean that as a compliment, though it may seem like a backhanded one. :)