My newly acquired F40 replica | Page 5 | FerrariChat

My newly acquired F40 replica

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by F40 replica guy, Dec 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    I'm just trying to comprehend this... so basically you like how they look and not how they perform and sound???

I mean I can understand that. And it looks as though you think very realistically, but it seems like you do not have any dreams or some type of goal. no offense or anything. It just seems like you are a little too down to earth.

if you had $150M, a $350,000 purchase would be like buying a bicycle. And you will make sooo much in interest that repairs and all will be covered. hell with the interest alone you could probably buy another F40

2. mark328

mark328 Guest

Jul 30, 2005
    Mi
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Make up your mind in one post you say that you wouldn't buy a Ferrari and in another post you say that you want a Testarossa.

3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    What isn't clear Mark? He wants a TR that is a Ferrari, but a replica. Or is it a replica of a Ferrari replica? What the hell??? ARRRRRHHHHHHHHHH!

:D

4. mark328

mark328 Guest

Jul 30, 2005
    Mi
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You are correct on $150M you will make over $19,000 per day interest and that's if you invest in just a basic savings account at the local bank. Don't think you will need to worry about repair bills.

5. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Being that my mother was born and grew up in Oregon, I can say this without feeling guilty...

Your opinions seem to be centered a little differently than most, not to say everyone is perfect but its a little disturbing. Maybe its from living in Oregon and being conservative? Your saying you would give most to Charity if you won the lottery? You wouldn't even buy a real car but give it all to trustworthy charities? What makes it a trustful charity, and is all the money really going to those in need?

I have taken an excerpt from an article titled, "Major Charity Heads Reap Rising Pay" from CBS..

"Brian Gallagher, President of the United Way receives a $375,000 base salary (plus numerous expensive benefits) and the Red Cross President Marsha Evans receives $450,000 plus benefits."

If it was so charitable wouldn't money not matter for them, instead just wanting to help no matter what?

And many members on Ferrari chat give to charitable organizations. We just don't center our assets around it. And many California members donate to the 11-99 foundation, which you can look up. You would be suprised what people do with money that have a lot of money, instead of this idea that successful people only spend it on themselves...

6. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    so you can crash your F40 every week and get it repaired and you still won't lose any

7. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    He asked if I like them .. not if I would buy a real one. I have to bve honest .. I am torn. i do like the idea of owning a real Ferrari .. and frankly when this one is done it will sell easily on Ebay for $15k + I could add a small loan into that and buy me a real one. If I was to do that I would have no money to keep up on maintenance .. it would make no sense. I would be a better person and have more people on F-chat that liked me but I wouldn't actually be able to drive it. I suppose it makes more sense for me to just buy the replicar for now .. I hope my ideals hold up when money comes my way .. and I am doing VERY well with my Real Estate investment brokering here in Oregon so it might not be as far away as it seems for me. I am human like veryone else and can be swayed .. but I view life differently ... for me it isn't what I can gain for now .. it is what i store up for later. If you really care what I mean you are welcome to PM me .. I won't go into religion in the post here. heck if some people will give up sex to become a priest .. me giving up super expensive cars for the sake of changing peoples lives is not too far fetched really.

8. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    umm what denomination are we talking about here? :D :D :D

9. stugots

stugots Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    PDX
    Full Name:
    B T L
    I mis-read post #80, my bad...

please ignore and carry on-

10. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    So basically you are saying that the person who sold you the $1500(with maybe 3k worth of mods) car for $6500 is an idiot for doing so when he could have easily put 4k more in and sold it for $15,000+

Anyone else find this funny?

11. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Who's lives are you really changing? For example, we all donated for Hurricane Katrina victims but how is anyone actually raking benefit when other victims are raping, and killing when people were sheltered at the superdome. I understand your view on charity but when will you ever feel content with what you have done for others?

12. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah

Well ouch .. good thing I have had a slow day today LOL
    United way is not a charity I would support. Not for that reason as I feel anyone who is of a caliber to run a huge organization like UW needs to be paid well or they would be in a position paying much more at another organization (not neccesarily charitable). I don't mind people making money AT ALL! I love it, I think everyone should spend their time producing the most they can ... which coincidentally is not what I am doing today typing on F-chat so much LOL. if I could spend my 8-12 hours a day making $100k a day or making $500 a day why would I fault anyone for making the $100k. What I am saying is that everyone has a purpose for being on earth and mine is not buying expensive cars persay.

I realize that Bill gates spends more on charity than anyone ever has and he is still filthy rich. i am sure many charities are supported by F-chat folks and I would never say anything bad about someone who didn't do that anyhow. Everything I say is about me and my goals not you and your goals. there bigger things in life to worry about than what I think anyhow.

13. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Either that or get arrested once every few months driving drunk with a shotgun and a few hundred thousand in the passenger seat :D

That's what happens when you give millions of dollars to inbred rednecks.

14. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Don't forget to add that all of this occurs outside of a stripclub!

15. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Neither do I... unless they're morons, which unfortunately most are.

16. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah

Well Tgood that has been proven to be false. there was one or maybe 2 deaths in the superdome and the one verified death was from natural causes.
    Second I didn't and wouldn't give to that particular cause just due to the fact that if someone lives in an area known to be hit regularly with horrific weather then they are taking their own lives and putting it in harms way. My major goal in life to to help teach people how to start businesses and how to get themselves to a better spot where they can then help others. By teaching someone how to better themselves rather than just giving money we not only help that person but we also take one more person out of the pool of ignorance that being politically correct has put us in.

I want to carefully scan applicants and accept cases that truly desire to make a difference .. donate $20-$50k to help them start a business .. work closely with them to show them how to be responsible, use time management, how to prospect, how to do books and keep proper ledgers and such. they would agree in writing that if they are successful they would be required to take my courses for free and then they would have to help someone else in the exact same way i helped them. Whether that be eyars later or whenever.

those are the sorts of charities I am reffering to. Helping people help themselves .. not just doleing cash out like democrats do.

17. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    He better do not post his car's pix as everyone will bash him down

I've seen some F40 replicas in the past and all of them looked awful.
    Dimensions are almost impossible to duplicate , let alone quality finish

18. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
  19. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    hey you look normal. i was expecting to see a picture of tom cruise...

20. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I think maybe you came into this thread (or replica ownership, for that matter) thinking that all Ferraris are $200k+ cars? Nothing wrong with that, many people think that, but it's not true.

You can get a very nice 308 in the low 20s, and a 308GT4 in the teens. Those are neat cars, they are fun to drive, sound great, are quite reliable (if you get a good one), and they look great. Furthermore, they are all fully depreciated, and you should be able to sell any of those cars for what you paid for them.

21. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah

As a daily driver? I drive all over oregon reviewing properties for people out of state who are investing in Oregon multi-family real estate. I would be putting alot of miles on one and I am frankly very concerned abotu maintenance costs. With a 2.8 litre V6, like in my replica, I basically have oil changes and an occasional $100 tune up. You have to admit as a daily driver doing over 25k miles a year it would wear on a Ferarri pretty bad.

22. mrdigital

mrdigital Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Nashville
    Why are you going through all this B.S. You don't have a car.
    Are you in prison and need some penpals? Get a life.

23. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    True... You probably wouldn't want to put 25k miles a year on a Ferrari.

But you could buy one for $20k and drive it maybe 5k miles a year.

And then buy a nice Fiero for around $3k and use that as your daily driver.

24. cshargh

cshargh Karting

Apr 18, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Cyrus
    Can we have the pics please?

25. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name: