My newly acquired F40 replica | Page 10 | FerrariChat

My newly acquired F40 replica

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by F40 replica guy, Dec 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

sorry, been super busy.... check my profile pic. i bought another Lamborghini, there is a thread in the Lambo section. i sold the Urraco to a friend of mine here. had it a whole 10 days or so. new short term record for me!!

owning two V8 ferrari's was fun.

owning two v8 old lamborghini's is finacial suicide!! :cool:

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

DITTO THAT !!!! when the hell did you guys have time to post this up to 12 freaking pages !!!??? geeze i have been busy, but DAAAMN!

3. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I don't normally get into these type of posts, but I've read this one from the begining. If I were to paraphrase it, it seems that this guy (might be a good guy, I don't know) 1)doesn't want any of the headache of owning a Ferrari, 2) wants only the bling bling, look at me, I drive a very expensive car attention, 3) says he wants the sportiness of a fun car, but wants others to think it's a ferrari (why not drive a Fiero, if you want THAT sporty driving experience).

Now, I know a lot of people have said "right on, enjoy your car, you're a car enthusiast", but that's BS. He doesn't care too much about the car, yeah, it's a fun car... He only cares about faking people into thinking he sports an F40. What a poser... To me, he's the type that gives Ferrari owners a bad name, just showing off... with a fake car. enjoy your fake Rolex too...

4. mark328

mark328 Guest

Jul 30, 2005
    Mi
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have to say one thing positive about F40 replica guy.....he does have a good attitude for all the crap we are giving him

5. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    The majority of real ferrari owners are posers too, why single him out?

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I concur.

7. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I agree too. It's nice to see somebody sticking to their guns and taking pride in his ride, regardless of whatever anybody else thinks.

I'm trying to internally reconcile that thought with myself, since I don't feel the same way about Lamarossa.

Actually, I know exactly why I like F40 Replica Guy better than Lamarossa. It's because F40 Replica Guy actually took his car to a professional detailer and used words like "cutting and polishing the paint." Lamarossa would have just shaken another rattlecan of yellow enamel and given it another few uneven coats.

Also, I don't think "overspray" is in Lamarossa's vocabulary.

8. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I would say it's because it actually has a body kit to look similar to the real thing......... Lamarossa mostly had a bunch of junk from Home Depot attached to his car.

9. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    #234 F40 replica guy, Dec 13, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    MORE PICS!! remember this is still a work in process. The headlight covers are being remade as the old ones are in very bad shape and there is alot of touch up to do. The cut and buff couldn't be done today due to the paint was not dry enough. So it won't be shiny. if you look closely at the straight on forward picture you will see that the hood is askew. That is a simple adjustment that has just not been done yet. The pic of the F 40 license plate is from when I visited Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo today .. it was fun :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    You can see the incredbly poor work they did on the paint job. On the pic of the door where the paint ran ... they are going to do that over again and again and again until they get it right.

11. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    A quality paint job is 90% preparation. Sorry to see that they didn't do a great job of prepping.

I have a request for next time you are taking pictures, can we see a side profile shot? It would be interesting to compare the side profiles of your car and an F40.

12. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    sure I take requests .,.. that should be easy enough ;)

13. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Agree...He seems like a good guy (the pics of him and his child in the member pics seem like he is a good guy). As much I hate replicas (of anything), he does seem to enjoy his toy for what it really is, when many people want to pass it off as what it looks like.

14. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I think his car is stupid and I think it's stupid that he's involving himself in a Ferrari Forum.

Where in god's name did he get thing painted anyway? It looks like someone finger painted it.

Nice guy or not, that car blows.

15. F40 replica guy

F40 replica guy Karting

Dec 9, 2005
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Brian Jeremiah
    Hey, I didn't paint the thing. I had no idea it would turn out so crappy. There is only one spot with a run like that and it will be taken care of. I am actually embarassed to see it look so stupid myself. You think I want it to look that way?

16. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    He said in one of his early posts:

17. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    It looks cool as a replica. Not everyone in the world can afford the real F40, i commend this guy on his guts to come here and be humble about it though. He didnt give off any snobby impressions nor did he say that his replica was better than having a real ferrari. I mean he probably know's he can save the money and buy a 308 or such, but i guess the look of the F40 is more important than having the real thing. Hopefully it looks right soon enough, the body could use a little work, especially on the rear deck lid.
    As i'm sure you already know, when you come on a ferrari forum full of owners and die hard enthusiasts, Buying a replica will never be promoted. I guess its the same as having plastic surgery so you can become a model compared to just having natural beauty. Either way, atleast this replica atleast replicates the look of a real ferrari to an extent, its a hell of a lot better than the Lammarossa lol.
    Good work f40_replica, best of luck with the project and hope you can flip it for a profit later if your bored of a replica and buy a real ferrari. :)

18. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    #243 Skyler, Dec 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Well, He did say that he would rather have a replica than a real Ferrari, even if he had 150 million. To me, that does kind of say that he thinks his replica is better than a real Ferrari.

20. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Congrats on the new car F40 guy.

At least he is not some ineffectual whiner that endlessly b**ches and moans about finding just the right car and never does.

[whistling, looking around at the ceiling].....[/whistle]

21. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    So a 355 spider owner who buys all the special edition 355 Fiorano parts like carbon and brakes ect, ect, and makes a replica of said fiorano. Does he put a big sign in the window declairing that its a replica? Na, he passes it of as a real fiorano to any one who askes, until he meets some one who knows what a fiorano is.
    I have seen over the years a couple of so called real fioranos for sale on ebay and in show rooms.

22. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Chaa

I think the difference is that the Fiorano is a modified Ferrari F355 with a few mods, adding the bits will never make a 355 a factory Fiorano but it will make it a Ferrari F355 with the full fiorano spec

This car is a modified Pontiac Fiero,

There's no difference betwenn calling this car a Ferrari F40 and calling a body kitted Lada a Ferrari F40, it is and will always be a fake.

or

Think of it as somebody in your local with a £20 fake rolex claiming its a real one.... the subtext of "I can afford something really expensive and you can't" is still there.

Years ago an idiot with a fake Dino tried to tell me it was real and he'd paid £70k for it..........the same idiot also wore a fake rolex that always told the wrong time

23. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    But some people still try to pass them of as a real fiorano even with out little badge. As regards to the rolex, people wear them to pass them of as the real thing. Thats the point of a replica, but there are good ones and bad ones. Look at the pictures that i posted of the replica F40 in post #126.

24. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    ....while wearing a lime on his head.......

...any minute now.......

25. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    No wonder a lot of people nowdays say they "do not like ferraris". Between the shameless merchandise and the embarassing replicas and Gran Tourismo games, no wonder kids have Subarus on their bedroom walls and not Cavalinos.