My New 599 HGTE | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My New 599 HGTE

Discussion in '612/599' started by Skidkid, Jun 20, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    John- Way to go. Very pretty. And fast.

crinoid likes this.
  2. francars

francars Karting

Nov 28, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Francisco
    Congrats and enjoy!

3. Jamie traina

Jamie traina Rookie

Jul 6, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jamie Traina
  4. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Congratulations on your 599 with HGTE, lovely spec. I suggest that you upgrade to the extended carbon fibre paddles. I had them recently installed on mine and love them.

5. virendra

virendra Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 14, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    virendra anand
    Following your footsteps but will take a time to adapt to the look of the front end of the 599. After owning it for 12 years just old my 2002 360 Modena. The replacement is a 2009 F599 Fiorano with 21000kms . The interior and back are simply stunning and a great leap from the old designs.

6. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    You will grow to love the look of the front end, anyway you sit inside looking out so enjoy your interior comfort and refinement and let the other road users enjoy the rear end. The 599 was the start of the new era for V12s. You will enjoy the torque from low rpms that the V8s lack and nothing beats a V12 soundtrack. For traction I suggest 315s at the back they are much better than the 305s. I am running Corsas 255 up front and 315 at the rear and prefer this spec to the standard spec. I have better rear traction off the mark and front turn is better as well.

7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Perfect car (Except the red daytona inserts - for me) Enjoy !!

8. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Thanks everyone. I have been driving it and while I love my 360 and I will miss the convertible I would always pick the 599 over the 36o for a fun drive. The power is amazing and the soundtrack is intoxicating. YET it is comfortable. So comfortable that on our trip to Monterey my wife took a nap.

I too am running 255/315 setup in MPSS. I believe it is the HGTE exhaust and the tips are a lot different than the standard 599 (will post a pic later today). I believe it is lowered slightly as well. Combine that with the GTO grill and it is very aggressive looking. I am VERY glad that I finally made the move.

Dave rocks likes this.
  9. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Makuono likes this.
  10. Diderot599

Diderot599 Rookie

Aug 17, 2018
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Didier Collet
    Hi Skidkid and everybody. First congrats for your red beauty. Very nice setup. I’m new here as I just bought a 599 hgte factory pack black/black from 2010 with 9’700 km. I’’m actually a Porsche driver but decided to enter into this fabulous Ferrari world. Is there anything special I should know about the car ? The car is still in the garage under preparation and I will take it on Sep 8. Here are few pics taken during my test drive.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Makuono likes this.
  11. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Wow! Super nice. The more you drive it the more you will like it congratulations.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. Diderot599

Diderot599 Rookie

Aug 17, 2018
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Didier Collet
    Thanks Skid, really looking to pick it up !

13. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I just picked up a 599 and drove it 100 miles from the dealership to my house. What an amazing machine and Skid I totally agree. I drove to Cars and Coffee this morning and started loving it even more!

14. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    John, forget Cars and Coffee take her through a windy and twisty road in Race mode and it you have the skills ESC off then you will discover Nirvana. If anyone tells you that a 599 does not handle they either can't drive or have never driven a 599.

15. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Beautiful machine - love the seats

16. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Congrats. Amazing spec with the seats. Piping and inserts!

17. Diderot599

Diderot599 Rookie

Aug 17, 2018
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Didier Collet
    Thx guys, time is long...really waiting for the 8th. Will post additional pics then. If you want to see particular details, just let me know.

18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The 599 is impressive by all accounts - powerful, balanced... and that V12 :D
    It's also mighty on track but a little bit heavy for that use.