My Fuoco Italia (Warning: Picture Heavy!) | Page 4 | FerrariChat

My Fuoco Italia (Warning: Picture Heavy!)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by BlueIn2Red, Jun 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Lovely colour cars!

2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #77 of2worlds, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    a couple of pics - inside and outside>
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    Excellent, don't know if it's the lighting or your camera, but those do a much better job of capturing the Fuoco than my pictures do.

4. chris5150

chris5150 Formula Junior

Apr 16, 2009
    #79 chris5150, Apr 2, 2015
    tickerhound likes this.
  5. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    #80 BlueIn2Red, Apr 2, 2015
    Indeed. I think the iPhone usually does a remarkably good job of colour reproduction though, here's a snapshot (I was backed up against a hedge so couldn't get more of the car in!) I took to show the new wheel colour when the car had arrived back from the wheel re-paint (sills not done) - I think it shows the Fuoco pretty well (even though the car was quite dirty at the time).

6. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks for sharing these pictures - Because of this thread , ordered a SA in the RF color !! Can't wait to see the color in person for the first time !

7. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    Great, post lots of pictures please! When are you expecting to take delivery?

8. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Andy , not sure - production is delayed on waiting on some optioned parts - prediction is late summer -

9. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    #84 BlueIn2Red, Apr 9, 2015
    As the finishing touches for the wheels I splashed out and bought some titanium wheel bolts (from Hill Engineering, fantastic quality) and some titanium centre caps (the originals were getting tatty anyway).

I was very unsure about doing the centre caps as well, but like the results (I think!). The theory is that the yellow callipers balance the shields already, so yellow centre caps as well was overkill. Interested to hear other people's opinions though :)

10. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Gorgeous looking car. You have a good eye!

11. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    #86 BlueIn2Red, May 9, 2015
    tickerhound likes this.
  12. avalente

avalente Rookie

Aug 7, 2013
    Switzerland
    Andy,

Sorry for the out of topic post, but I'm quite worried about your front rotors...

They are completely marked and it could be the caliper pistons pushing into them, because of completely worn out brake pads! Please check!

I have had the issue with my 430 Scuderia after doing 2 track days (very heavy ones...) in a row and not checking my pads... Resulting in the full replacement of the 2 front rotors and pads although the rotors were only worn out 9%...

If the previous owner saw it and corrected the issue by just changing the pads, it is not enough. If they are really marked (touch them in the morning before you drive and when they are cold), you'll feel the sills. If it's just some strange dirt deposit, it's ok. If you do feel the sills, you should change them. The issue could be inbalance of the CCBs resulting in vibrations in your steering at 200kmh+ (the car even having trouble reaching 90% of its top speed!) up to total failure of the CCB rotors that could eventually brake.

It might sound exaggerated, but you're never too safe to check on your CCBs... 😉

On the other hand: ABSOLUTELY AWESOME COLOR! Congratulations!!! 👍🏻🏆
    Saw it in Maranello (a friend has one) and pics don't do it justice. It's a whole other league in real life and with sunshine. The price was just a little steep for me when I ordered mine.. 😂😂

Enjoy your beauty and take care.

A

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

13. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    #88 BlueIn2Red, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    The discs/rotors look fine to me, just double checked. They appear uniformly clean and smooth, and look the same as the rears. The car was also serviced and MOT tested by a main Ferrari dealer recently with no problems reported.

Which picture were you looking at please to make you think there might be a problem?

14. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    Ah, just seen a couple of pictures in the first post which look bad (dark circular lines on the discs) - that must just have been dirt or corrosion, as it's completely gone now (see the close up wheel photo much later in the thread).

15. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Wow, those center caps looks ace. So does the rest, but those caps really look superb - se elegant and exclusive looking.

16. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    Just an amazing color!

17. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    #92 spyderman, Dec 13, 2015
    tickerhound likes this.
  18. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    #93 BlueIn2Red, Dec 20, 2015
    I've just had the car professionally detailed and fully covered in paint protection film. In the past I've been reluctant to go the PPF route as I enjoy looking after the paint myself, but unfortunately a long term back injury is really restricting my physical activity. I'm very happy with the results, I just hope it does as promised and lasts a long time, making it easy for me to simply wash the car regularly and get back to this level of shine.

tickerhound likes this.
  19. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Nice.

Which film did you go with?

20. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    Xpel on the lower sections, Suntek everywhere else.

21. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    That truly is a wonderful place to drive a Ferrari. Spent many a happy hour pounding those roads.

Great colour.

22. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    #97 BlueIn2Red, May 11, 2016
    Small update - I finally caved in to temptation and lowered the car a bit. Very subtle (20mm) as I want it to remain practical on UK (i.e. terrible) roads. Truth is it's still higher than I'd ideally like (at the front especially), but it does take away the worst of the "off roader" look.

I also fitted a Forza Componenti remote exhaust valve controller, which is great fun - fully open is excellent for added bangs and crackles on the overrun, closed is ideal when I want it to be as quiet as possible (and also fixes the annoying on/off drone you can get at motorway speeds as the valves open and close around 4000rpm).

23. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    Lower!!!!! ;)

ah the euro bumpers..

24. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Wonderful! Yes, a mere centimetre more in the front would be perfect. Perfect stance for a perfect colour. how did you do the lowering? On the stock coilovers, maybe?

25. BlueIn2Red

BlueIn2Red Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Tring, UK
    Yes on stock springs.

I agree a centimetre more would be ideal ... I'm just trying to find out from the garage that did the work if that was as low as it could go. In the back of my mind also is the concern about the state of the UK roads, lots of speed bumps etc where I live.