My first Ferrari ownership (Introduction) 612 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My first Ferrari ownership (Introduction) 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by hooliganista, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Don't you have an iPod connection on the pocked inside the glovebox? - It was an extra, but if inexistent in your car, for sure you can add it easily since the BOSE unit has the plug for it.

I also have the same BOSE unit and it has a iPhone socket (the prior type...not the lighting type) on the glovebox. It works pretty well, and you can use it Bovee 1000 as Mike suggested, or you can buy an adaptor and use it with the newer iPhones.

2. Yzerman

Yzerman Rookie

May 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bernhard E.
    I checked in the glove box but there was unfortunately no iphone connector. I think this was an option to order. Do you think it‘s easy that an audio technician can build this in?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

hooliganista likes this.
  3. Yzerman

Yzerman Rookie

May 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bernhard E.
    My leather is still in very good condition. But i think I will check for a leather care from swissvax. Bought already the rubber treatment from this brand. Checked some youtube videos and seems to be really good

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

hooliganista likes this.
  4. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    I clean and condition the leather with carclean-stuff and a lot of soft towels.

Your climate is good, but some day your plastics will get sticky. For me at this moment only my back ashtray was sticky , but I cleaned it.

When my car is in my garage I allways plug the battery conditioner in. (and close softly the trunk and lock the car) My mancave/garage is 7 kilometers from my home.

Can you check the sticker under your bonnet and tell me your color name? :)

hooliganista likes this.
  5. Ak3

Ak3 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2005
    Svezia
    Congratulations on the car!
    Currently there are 15 Scaglietti, 7 GTC, 1 Sessanta and 6 OTO here in Sweden.

hooliganista likes this.
  6. hooliganista

hooliganista Rookie

May 23, 2020
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sorry for the late answer, went offline during vacation. Bought a Charger as u said, works perfect. Putting away a day for a good leather clean and conditioning. Noticed 2 leather panels where the colour is off, maybe the they got a bad re dye? Anyways, been putting some miles on the 612 and it feels better and better for every ride. Hope u all having a good summer. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Anthony James likes this.
  7. hooliganista

hooliganista Rookie

May 23, 2020
    Ty!

There is one OTO out for sale right now, very low mileage.

Funny thing happened today after i was thinking how long it would take before I would spot another 612 while driving.

Parked just next to one just outside of a dealership in Oslo today.

8. hooliganista

hooliganista Rookie

May 23, 2020
    There are so many product lines out there, I will make sure to look at Swiss wax. Been hearing the rubber squeak when I put up the passenger window. Think it’s time for a look at that as well. That’s what bad weather Sunday’s are for,right?

9. ThunderRolls

ThunderRolls Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2010
    Deep South
    VIN book says

06 Grigio Silverstone/Beige Nero upper dash LHD EU 148273 Shields Nero Calipers