My First Ferrari... Finally (Photos) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My First Ferrari... Finally (Photos)

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by oo7ml, Sep 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2008F430

2008F430 Karting

Apr 30, 2020
    St Augustine
    In regards to the windows. There are several very helpful threads on this subject. I just did the repair myself. Like others have said, it’s a time consuming and frustrating job to do but the results are worth it, IMO. I don’t think the strain will be on your cables but on your electric motor, gears and electrical system. The problem is that the grease that was originally used turn a to something almost like a hard plastic. This causes a tremendous amount of resistance in the gear box which in turn makes your window slow. You can fix it, just expect it to be a two afternoon job and bring a few beers with you. If you have issues I will be glad to give you some pointers as it is still fresh in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

oo7ml likes this.
  2. oo7ml

oo7ml Karting

Dec 4, 2018
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey, thanks for this. I missed this reply and only saw it when I clicked back in to re-read some of the great advice.

Can you elaborate on the grease that affects the gearbox. I find my gearbox very hard to click in, even when warm.

Do you have any links to the window fix? I won’t be taking it on myself :) but my mechanic has worked on quite a few Testarossa’s, but I would like to show him the fix that you guys suggest.

3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    On
    My BBi was taught to start the car and then not go driving before the oil temp came off the peg. From there you start to work it up.

In general this means the radiator fans come on round about when the oil starts to have temp.

I check oil every 2-3 Patrol fill ups.
    Consumption is very use cycle dependent.

curiious why you don’t love the cayman gt4?
    It’s the one modern I contemplate owning.

4. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    There is no car that deserves this kind of mistreatment

5. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name: