My Ferrari New Power Warranty Story **Please read if you’re thinking about purchasing! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My Ferrari New Power Warranty Story **Please read if you’re thinking about purchasing!

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Fugy, Nov 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    F of Denver, but you’re in CA... did you buy the car from CO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Bought from private party in Denver. He took it into dealer for last free service and I paid for inspection and powertrain warranty. I met seller at dealership and picked the car up from service

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 and plastique999 like this.
  3. sandman03456

sandman03456 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    I am currently out of warranty on my 2018 Lusso. I have decided to pull the trigger on this slimmed-down version of the warranty. When I originally inquired about the V12 version of the warranty, I was quoted $5,700, including the inspection which was $995. Now that my car is in for its annual service, for convenience, I decided to opt-in for this option. I am now being told that the originally quoted price does not include the inspection fee. Based on my familiarity with this thread, I assume the original quote was more accurate or did I misread the various posts. Any opinions are welcome.

4. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    $5700 is the price for the warranty which includes the inspection but not the annual service

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

5. sandman03456

sandman03456 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    My service department insists the $995 is not included in the $5760 warranty price. Is there any written proof or another form of reference to which I can refer them while educating myself.

6. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I think it is whatever the dealer wants to charge. Try calling some other dealers and see what they charge

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Solid State and vraa like this.
  7. HarryC

HarryC Rookie

Nov 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Harry Chambi
    Just got a new power warranty on my 2011 California from Wide World Ferrari for $3,400 plus tax, called other dealers they wanted between $5-6K.

8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Wait... really?
    Are you sure it’s the Ferraris New Power Warranty? Every other dealer seems to quote the $5700 and the inspection seems to vary dealer to dealer.
    I know there are some after market companies that offer different levels of warranties as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. HarryC

HarryC Rookie

Nov 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Harry Chambi
    Yes very Sure, No aftermarket genuine Ferrari new power warranty. My car is a 2011 California I don't know what they charge for other models.

10. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    V8 and V12 have different pricing from what I remember

From another post from @SAFE4NOW

11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    They may attempt to up-charge for the inspection. It is not included in the plan but rather depends on your relationship with the dealer. Some dealers (at least one who is a member here) do not charge for the inspection because a lot of it is done with the annual anyway. However, if you have not been routinely buying the warranties you should not expect something for free.

12. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    v8 and v12 price difference. My 458 is also 4K but FF at 5.5K

plastique999 likes this.