My Ferrari Killer WRX! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

My Ferrari Killer WRX!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by ryalex, Jun 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    I purchased my WRX so as to get the most complete balance I could. Sport, utility, and a car that can take a winter up here. Combined with the great reliability rating, it seemed hard to beat. It has been great owning one. I talk alot about replacing it with a more expensive (German) car, but I don't think I will. Later this year the new WRX comes out with the option of leather, heated seats and a moonroof. I think that will be my next car.

I love the World Rally Blue color. To me it is to Subaru what red is to Ferrari. Nice pictures.

What are your opinions on the new redesign? (www.subaru.com if you need pictures)

- Chris

2. fuse

fuse Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    Thanks! They have that splitter for both Sedan and Wagon. Wagons do not have the flare like the sedans...so it is narrower, as well as the track. It's like $400, and this is my second one...I was driving back from Laguna Seca after a race weekend, I guess I was driving too close the the SUV in front of me since he cleared it and ripped up the spoiler into bits and tore the lower part of the bumper too.

WRX chassis is pretty stiff. The strut tower bars helped very little. The $120 Cusco subframe brace was a huge improvement. In stock trim, jacking up the car on 1 corner, all 4 doors open/close perfectly and the gaps between doors and body stayed consistent.

It's a nice sporty utility car. Interior is as one would expect for a $22k car...better than Evo interior imo.

For the money, Accessport is by far the best upgrade.

3. pistole

pistole Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Malaysia
    not at all trying to stir up anything ... but will one of the japanese rockets
    actually smoke a 348/355 or worse a 360 ? Track / Mountain-roads /
    Drag / In Traffic ........

Anyone here have any actual experience ?

cheers.

4. AC6

AC6 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Justin
    My friend's souped up (general stuff, nothing too crazy) STI v.6 can follow a 360 on a highway up til 240km/hr...after that the 360 is gone.
    As for mountain roads...i think it really depends on the driver...

5. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    No personal experience, just alot of reading...

Stock, no they won't. Modded (depending how deep your pockets are), definitely. I don't want this used against me to say that I think Subaru is better than Ferrari. Two completely different experiences.

For a look at the more extreme work on STI's, check this out:

http://www.vtcar.com/

- Chris

6. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    You can mod anything to beat anything but at the end of the day its still a Civic, STI, SRT4, or EVO nothing more nothing less.

7. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    Exactly. What I think it comes down to is cost/experience. You can spend $85k for an modded STI but still have a stock STI interior (which is ok, but not great). Or you can spend quite a bit more and get a full Ferrari V8, great interior, rear wheel drive, etc. Granted, I've never had either experience but I am willing to bet one is greater than the other. The other is just a cool, less expensive alternative.

- Chris

8. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    With due respect to the capable little Subie, two words:

Subaru.

Ferrari.

How is there even a question?

9. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

Now why would you want to take on an old Mondial 3.2?

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That's not the point. The point was I had spent an afternoon polishing the car and wanted to share some photos here in Showroom. It's not about racing anyone, or calling anyone out.

11. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    ok im a little late with this one.