My Barchetta next to the most famous Enzo in the world | FerrariChat

My Barchetta next to the most famous Enzo in the world

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by strongx, Jul 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. strongx

strongx Karting

Mar 20, 2009
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Rock Thompson
    There was an informal car show in Utah last weekend (over 70 cars). There was a crew from Brazil filming for a TV show and numerous civilian onlookers. They staged the cars for appearance and I got the place of honor, next to MM Enzo. People loved the Enzo, of course, and there were many whispered conversations about how much it was worth; I heard one lady telling another $17 million (a bit of an exaggeration). But folks loved the Barchetta, too. Many knew knew something about it but wanted more details. And the film crew did a segment on it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    It was lots of fun, but the event was south of Park City. I haven't been around there for a while and that place is a crowded mess. Traffic up the wazoo, trucks, campers, every species of speeding and texting minivans, not to mention humorless highway patrol. It was a relief to head north, to open country, uncrowded vistas and gas stations with ethanol-free.

If you don't know the story of MM Enzo, this is worth a read:
    https://gtsp irit.com/2013/02/16/supercar-legends-richard-losee-ferrari-enzo-mm-enzo/

2. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    It was fun to see you there, Rock. I was the guy drooling over your car, telling my wife all about it, and admiring the "scars" earned from really driving it! The Barchetra is, as i mentioned to my wife as you were approaching to chat, the "perfect" Ferrari.

Here's a couple more photos of the event.
    Mine is the f430 spider with the engine cover up. (Also a driver)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

F456M and Patrik550 like this.
  3. strongx

strongx Karting

Mar 20, 2009
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Rock Thompson
    Great to meet you. If you ever drive up north stop by for a beer. Lots of nice cars last weekend, but no other 550/575 and really not many F430's. I was surprised at all the McLarens considering there's no dealer in Utah. I like them, but don't know much about them and have never driven one. But I learned a couple of things. First, most of them are orange. And second, it seems to be required that you leave the doors open when they are parked. I mentioned that to one of the drivers and he joked that, yeah, it was in the owner's manual.

jag-oo-r likes this.
  4. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    How far north we talking? Where are you located? (My Office is in Layton)

5. Matthew 6:19

Matthew 6:19 Karting

Dec 19, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    that Barchetta is sweet