Mugello Pre-Race Thread | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Mugello Pre-Race Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Sep 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    There is more opportunity in IndyCar for Perez than in F1. What seats are available, Alfa and Haas? Either would just delay the inevitable.

Nortonious likes this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Racist outbursts are never funny.

Ray Smith likes this.
  3. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    For attempted reregistration to circumvent his exclusion, the ban duration for @444sp has been extended to 60 days.

All the best,
    Andrew.

Ray Smith likes this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Hulkenberg.

5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I welcome this if true. Red Bull always want the Jr drivers. Would they risk that program and use Nico?

Bas likes this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I like to think so. But probably the more realistic move will be Kvyat gone (hopefully he can go to Indy or something)...I would guess they'll probably get Gasly back, Albon to AT, and Tsunoda to AT as well. The program HAS to make sense otherwise what's the point of having the team...

Gasly has been driving well this season, but he did the same in 2018...yes he's a race winner now but lets be honest, if it wasn't for the red flag, he wouldn't have won or even seen the podium. Happy for him but it was...lets say unlikely to repeat itself.

I would like to see Hulk in that RBR.

375+ likes this.
  7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Horner resists this now publicly. Deflected and said Alpha is now a sister team not Jr team lol

8. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I wish Vettel was trying as hard as Perez. Even after knowing he has been sacked, and that there aren't any good openings in view, Perez is giving everything he's got. And in every FP and Q and the races. He certainly deserves Kyvat's seat at AT, or Grosjean's at Haas, or Latifi's at Williams, or Albans at RB, or Ricardo's or Ocon's at Renault. Perez has show loyalty and determination...and yes, talent. I had thought he might be washed up, but he has proved me wrong.

9. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    That first photo is at Mosport Park at what today is called "Moss Corner", a double apex hairpin which leads to the fastest part of the track. There is much more foliage now, mostly trees. Much less room for spectators.

I'll dig out some photos I took there of the Risi Competizione 430 during the last visit to Bowmanville by IMSA.

10. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    #160 Ray Smith, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Here are a couple photos although not Ferrari:

The #3 C5R exiting Moss Corner.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

And a photo of me taking those photos

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

sammysaber, 375+ and SPEEDCORE like this.
  11. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
  12. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Apparently it's better the matte for that. The micro rugosity of the matte paint act like the holes of the golf balls.

It also saves 1 kg, some say.

13. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    I agree 100% with the lack of mechanical empathy with the car. I also agree that people who do that on the street are hooligans destroying good tires. It is a childish display of ignorance.

I also believe "drifters" are morons. That is not the fast way around a corner, it's simply a childish display of immaturity.

But that's just me, who was raised to care for vehicles, and that was reinforced during my combat experience with a main battle tank.You care for your mount before yourself. It's how one stays alive.

kes7u likes this.
  14. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    I owned an orange 914. At the time I was working for Porsche NA and got an employee discount. Fun car and my inside knowledge of the parts revealed that half the "Porsche" parts were Volkswagen 411 parts with a different prefix and higher price. 914 owners were shunned by the 911 crowd. Have not liked Porsche people ever since.

But I now have my "cookie", a 430. All is well with the cosmos.

15. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    And a day or so later you called another driver a raccoon. :rolleyes:

william likes this.