MS Retires! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

MS Retires!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GTE, Sep 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I'd move that REIT money to an Energy Sector Fund.....if I had some....LOL!

Anyway....what do you think MS's Non Driving role at Ferrari will be?

I hate to think of something like UT gave Earl Campbell..playing golf all the time for PR..........what a waste .......

Showing my age here, I suppose........

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Micheal snow skis though, I guess that's not bad duty!

*shaking hands*

3. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

I heard all the same stories too. If i understand right MS was all set to sign but wanted to have Kimi as a contractual number two to which Kimi said hell no. Ferrari wanted to give them equal status to which MS said no. Thats when it all started.

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Wow. I am impressed. Thank you for the F1 history, I was too lazy to look it up and relied on my memory from the time I spent in the F1 garages and pits way back when. You know, all the talk and behind the scenes rumors that weren't made public. You know, the PR for the public.

You obviously have access to the contracts of Raikkonen and Massa, and were made privy to discussions with Schumacher, Todt, and everyone else at Ferrari. I had no idea you were so connected. I especially had no idea that Todt was so self centered that he would place his son over the Ferrari team, and that team orders no longer existed in F1. Imagine, no team orders. And that it did not matter to Ferrari who is in the second seat! I also did not know that Montoya was ranked up there with Raikkonen at McLaren. Did anyone tell Kimi? Or did he read it in Autosport like you did?

Despite Todt stating last week in Autosport that there was no pre-contract with Raikkonen, or anyone for that matter, thank you for pointing out that he lied and that you obviously saw the pre-contract yourself one year ago. Thank you for all this enlightenment about Todt's personality. You must know him very well. Since you know everything about Raikkonen's contract, could you tell how much Ferrari are they paying him? I am really curious.

Most of your answers are based on the F1 press, the same press that quotes people like Baldisserri. That's the one that you dissed as "not complete candor with the press", I think were your words. Then you said something like the spin in F1 is worse than US politics. OK, Baldisserri lied, Todt lied, so in your opinion, everything else you read is selectively true? Like the pre-contract, like the negotiations with Schumacher, Raikkonen, and Ferrari, etc? Somehow that does not work for me as a credible source. Either you believe it all, or you believe nothing. Reading in the press what is going on behind closed doors is not always going to be accurate. When you hear it from the fat lady, i.e Kimi himself in person, maybe then you can believe it. Except F1 spin is so prominent, so what do you believe?

I am still looking for that credibility from you. Possibly it was hidden here, but was hard to find in this post, maybe because your colorful metaphors were so prominent and so intelligent sounding, I was in awe. Also, possibly you guessed right about some things, but you still do not have direct sources, and you are only guessing. You know no more than the rest of us when it comes to contract negotiations with F1 drivers. It is all still your opinion, quoting potential contradictions from the press, not fact from the actual source. And since you corrected me, and I understand you don't think MS sucks, your new thread should be called "I Know The Truth About Schumacher's Retirement". Or something like that. Right? Once again, thank you.

(_*_)

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

thats my point. it's not black and white. everyone's just assuming things. remember, how everyone assumed that MS will carry on after 2 superb drivers in indy and France, yet, after 2 bad drives in hungary and turkey, every1 assume he'll retire.

MS clearly stated that he retired because it wans't fair to felipe. if he had carry on, it'll be schumi and kimi, while felipe will be relegated to the test role. no brainer.

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Well, unless you read it in Autosport, it can't be true. Right? According to twk63 anyway.

We all have opinions based on whatever we read or think, but that is all it is, opinions. We will never know all the truth about most of what was going on at Ferrari. Certainly there are clauses in contracts to prevent public discussion.

And you know what? I do not care. I still think MS was the best all around F1 driver in the last 30 years.

7. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    very well said.

8. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    LOL

9. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    ***yawn***

same old tired horsesh1t from the idiot who told us that Senna left McLaren in 1989 to go to Williams because he couldn't get along with Prost.

Get your head out of your arse, get your facts straight, and then maybe we can have an intelligent conversation.

You, sir are a moron who just earned his way onto my ignore list. Say hello to Imperial83 while you are there.

10. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

I am still in awe.

11. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005

Does the above referenced quote sound familiar to you? It should, you wrote it im another thread.

Sounds to me like you speak with the same authority as I do. Must be all those "years" in the F1 pits and garages".

I guess you are actually Luca's personal scretary. Or maybe you sat in the room taking notes as MS and Luca discussed this contract. Or maybe you are actually Jean Todt's son?

Well, dipsh1t, in about 3 months when the dust settles and the F1 journalists report the behind the scenes maneuverings that led to MS's decision, I will absolutely be throwing all this back in your face and demanding an apology. In the meantime, please feel free to go **** yourself.

If you are going to dish it out, you better learn to take it.

12. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    The difference between you and most people here, we know we are just speaking our opinions, i.e. somewhat educated guesses. I admit, I do not have any insider information, I do not personally know Montezemelo, Todt, Schumacher, Raikkonen, Massa, et al. So all I can offer is my reasonable opinion. I do still have contacts within F1 teams, so I do hear some of the rumors, but that is all they all, rumors.

You on the other hand want us to believe your opinion is definitive, and from the horses mouth, when in reality, it comes from you, the horses ass. (Geez, I lowered myself to your status with that last comment, but it just sounded so appropriate. I apologize anyway. Really, I do.). I do think that Autosport is the best source of racing info anywhere, but not even they are privy to actual driver contracts. Not even they are 100% accurate. They print what they believe to be correct today, but as I recently read somewhere, "F1 has more spin than US politics". Example: you read it and suddenly you know that Jean Todt hired Massa only because his son is Massa's manager. Yet, you do not know any of the three involved, so you are only guessing. And your guess makes no sense. And in order to make your point, you require insults and language that really does not belong in this part of FChat.

You are guessing, like everyone else. Get over yourself.

(_*_)

13. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    As I said, when the reports come out in the press in the coming months and I am proven correct, I will expect your apology. Just as I was expecting one from you when I took the time to answer your insipid and vacuous questionnaire, most of which was rambling, off-point, and sophomoric.

Your comments and questions betray a staggering lack of familiarity of F1 history for someone who is supposedly so connected to the F1 grid. So go ahead, take your cheap shots, call me a Troll, but don't blow smoke up my arse about your being "connected" to the F1 paddock. Based on your superficial knowledge of the sport, my belief is that your "connections" extend no further than the hot dog vendor at Indy.

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Seems like we agree concerning each others opinions, as this quote describes your comments perfectly. Especially your use of swear words and name calling, which is truly sophmoronic. If you remove the immature insults from your posts, you really have nothing to say.

You still insist on relying on the press for your opinions. You did not answer all of my previous questions with fact, only using some article you read, or your own guessing. You just do not understand what I mean by getting informaton from the source.

Unless the press can print a copy of the contracts signed by all the parties involved that we discussed, it will still only be heresy, conjecture. If they try to surmise the content, it would be based on rumor. Certainly the principles, their managers, and their attorneys are not going to talk. These contracts all have clauses to prevent the information from becoming public, sometimes with liabilty, so any article would be based on someone's guess. More educated than you or I, but still a guess.

I have a feeling though that even if someone like Jean Todt came out in the press and stated something opposite of what you want to believe, you would still say he is wrong, or lying, because you just can't be. Like the pre-contract that he says did not exist, and you say did.

Your quote: "The spin in F1 is greater than US politics". For this reason, I would want to see the contracts. Wouldn't you?

If they do print these contracts for all to see, and you are correct in some of your guesses, I would in fact apologize for doubting you. You obvioulsy have an "in" to F1 much greater than my lucrative hot dog stand. But then after we view these contracts, and determine by fact what Kimi dictated, what Michael dictated, etc, and you are wrong, I would expect the same in return from you. I will not hold my breathe.

The last word is yours. Thank you.

15. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    Thank you. It is quite evident to me that trying to have a discussion with you is less productive than trying to explain Current Account Deficits to my two year old. My last word to you is: Welcome to my ignore list. You are dismissed.

16. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    You have a son!!! Poor guy and poor woman who had your child!

The only moron who is dismissed is you because you clearly like racerx have:
    no source!
    no credibility!
    nad
    no understanding of F1!

let alone any respect for something you cannot even dream of achieving!

17. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    The ignore button.

It is a wonderful thing. No more idiotic drivel from Imperial83, the Sycophants' Sycophant...

18. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    This is awesome. I can tell you whatever I want and it should not matter to you becuase you cannot see my "drivel"

So here goes...

You cannot be called a motorsport fan let alone an F1 fan or a Ferrari fan. You are the most accurate definition of a band wagon fan. You get on the train when you like and get off the train when things are sour! You are a glorified two faced liar because you have no sources!

You have no knowledge about motorsports and no knowledge about F1. You have no understanding of the greatness that Michael has achieved.

I doubt you have ever watched an entire F1 race without falling asleep on your pest infested trailer trash couch with beer spilt all over you. I doubt you have ever raced in a cart let alone a race car.

I know that you cannot possibly even understand what you are talking about because you talk from your rear and when you think your knees hurt.

I know that what you say does not matter and I know that you are reading every word I type! :)

19. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Thank god, I wonder what he will drivel about next season. Probably will be stalking MS's house in Switzerland.

20. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    Or waxing on and on how Kimi walks on water, now that he is a Ferrari driver.

21. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    This is great. So I can state my opinions about you and not have to care two cents because you can't see my drivel either...

You cannot be called a motorsport fan let alone an F1 fan or a Ferrari fan. You are the most accurate definition of a band wagon fan. You get on the train when you like and get off the train when things are sour! You are a glorified two faced liar because you have no sources!

You have no knowledge about motorsports and no knowledge about F1. You have no understanding of the greatness that Michael has achieved.

I doubt you have ever watched an entire F1 race without falling asleep on your pest infested trailer trash couch with beer spilt all over you. I doubt you have ever raced in a cart let alone a race car.

I know that you cannot possibly even understand what you are talking about because you talk from your rear and when you think your knees hurt.

I know you are stuck on ugly mmories of a good racer and still are stuck in an era gone by. I know that Senna will never come back and he will never achieve what Michael has achieved!

I know that what you say does not matter and I know that you are reading every word I type! :)

22. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Do you have a source for that or did you make something else up?

23. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

+1

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'll do that. Finally I have a Ferrari driver worth supporting again. He'll continue the legacy that Eddie left behind.

Party on Kimi!

25. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    I agree, actually.

I am very excited for next season with Kimi on board.