MS Retires! | FerrariChat

MS Retires!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GTE, Sep 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Ferrari issued a statement directly after the race...

2. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Where? What?

3. Dipsomaniac

Dipsomaniac F1 Veteran

Mar 23, 2006
    Doha/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Derek K
    Enjoy your retirement Michael. We've all enjoyed watching you!

4. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Thanks Michael for being the greatest driver of my lifetime!!!! Enjoy your many years to come!

5. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    links to autosport.com in pages 6 & 7 of the Monza race thread. Ferrari confirms Kimi & Massa next year.

6. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I think we will still see MS working at Ferrari.

7. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Jim H
    MS himself also stated it in the post race interview (live).

8. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Sad for him to go, yet good that The Team has a strong future.

9. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    The end of an era. I was holding out hope for one more year.

10. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    MS has made a big difference to Ferrari, however it is Ferrari I suppport and will be looking forward to the next few races and next season with KR and FM.

11. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    when one can choose his time to retire, when one is on top...that is best. Look at those who tried to come back, MJ comes to mind...they simply arent what they used to be..MS is a great driver, very fit, and I love what he did for Ferrari. Enjoy your retirement from racing MS and good luck...you have given me many enjoyable moments. You're the greatest.

12. ferrarist

ferrarist Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Istanbul / TURKEY
    Full Name:
    I.K.
    Thanks champion!
    For being a part of the greatest team in the World. It was a great experience for all of us.

13. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Sad to see him go, but maybe someone will rise to race like he did. No one can pass his records, but maybe just put up races like he did. I am sure he will be back to do vintage races or something of the sort. It is not like Micheal to be totally out of a car.

14. TCT

TCT Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2004
    USA
    Thank you MS and Ferrari...its been one heck of a ride.

Lets hope for many more years of winning with Ferrari with Kimi.

15. 360RossoFiorano

360RossoFiorano Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2006
    Palmetto Bay, FL
    I wish he ends the season / career in style and wins the championship!!!!

16. Tiger Racing

Tiger Racing Karting

Jun 23, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Indeed. I'm thrilled to have seen Schumacher bring the Scuderia back to its former glory and I would have enjoyed watching him drive no matter what team he was with, but ultimately, I am tifosa. After this season, I will look forward to seeing the next Champion piloting a Pracing Horse.

C.

17. selespeed

selespeed Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Rietveld
    Even though he will stay at the team, he will be missed. To me he was the best F1 driver ever. Hopefully he can leave F1 the best way you can: with a title :)

Thank you Michael!

18. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    Thank you to MS for 11 years of fantastic racing with the team. I will miss him hugely. I now will HAVE to go to Brazil to see him off in style next month.

19. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I'm glad I was up to see that live. Talk about a historical event.

There will be a large void left in F1 after this season. MS will be sorely missed by myself.

20. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

MJ? Michael Jackson?

:}

21. GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey Rookie

May 31, 2004
    I've been following F1 since Juan Manuel Fangio won is 5th world crown, one think for sure, we will never see another MS and another team so focused on doing what they did.

Thank you Michael, you will be missed, greatly.

22. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Although I would really love for Michael to stay, it does look like we'll be getting Kimi next year. I got pretty sad when he actually told us he is going to retire. I thought that was going to happen, but it never really hit me. He will be very missed by all the tifosi. These last 3 races should be pretty entertaining to watch.

-John

23. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Thanks for a great run Michael. You made the Tifosi proud today.

It's going to be very strange to watch F1 next year without him on the grid.

24. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    So, how do you think Kubica feels about his career so far? He replaces a former World Champion, and in his third race he stands on the podium. Not only that, but he sits next to THE Michael Schumacher as he announces his retirement. In Italy. Ho Hum.

Now, I don't like the way that the announcers and some press are beating up on Ferrari and giving them the shag for the way this Michael business has played out. It's extremely likely that it happened something like this:

Michael had an offer on the table. He planned on accepting it, except Ferrari wanted to take the opportunity to grab one of the top available drivers for their future. Michael wouldn't allow any equal driver status within the team, and no top driver would accept a secondary position, even for one year. Stalemate. Granted, Michael has brought much glory and success back to the Scuderia. But so, too, has the Scuderia brought much glory and success to Michael. Score's even there, in my book. So in a way, it's more than likely that Michael's demands held Ferrari's future a bit in hostage. They were really left no choice but to say to Michael that his re-signing would only be under the provision of no team orders. This way, his retirement will always be shown as being his decision and not an issue of his being forced out. I think he'll look back in the very near future and agree that, indeed, the time was right.

25. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Yes.