MS requires acting classes - SPOILER | Page 6 | FerrariChat

MS requires acting classes - SPOILER

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Beau365, May 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Villeneuve made a similar comment: He said it better was intentional, because if it hadn't been the FIA should revoke his super license for not being able to handle a F1.

<don't shoot the messenger, just reporting from today's newspapers>

2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    :D

3. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

yea? i think JV should get his license revoked for not even understanding a stupid basic simple rule of no overtaking under yellow flags.

< don;t shoot me andreas, just pass the msg to JV ok? >

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    LOL, no worries. You're right, JV sits in the glass house at Monaco.

5. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    I think JV has turned into a bitter, bitter ex-F1 champ. IMO, his move to BAR-Honda was a bad one and thus killed his F1 career. As a fan of his father, I have always liked and rooted for him, even when he was driving against MS and Ferrari. But recently, with his inability to build a team at BAR and develop a car at BAR and maybe at BMW as well, I have started to wonder if his solo title was more the car or more him. Don't get me wrong tho, he won his title fair and square, but just makes wonder if he was a driver that happened to be at the right place at the right time instead of shear will and ability.

6. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    same goes for Montoya. They both have a bigger career as Schumacher-critics, than as F1drivers.

7. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    agreed. both drivers have no idea where or what they'll be driving next season, but they always wanna jump into conclusions and give stupid childish comments. btws, anybody read what FA had to say to a german newspaper?

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I didn't hear that, but I saw the comments from Rosberg Sr. and Jr. Not pretty.

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Are there any particular comments Montoya gave that pissed some of you guys off? His comments during pre-race coverage on CBS wasn't bad and neither was the post-race F1.com stuff imo. Is this just another thing to bash Montoya on? He looked like a top 4 driver again this weekend.

10. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    I dont know whether he did that on purpose or not, and I am not smart enough to figure it out for myself...but the question that keeps haunting me, is why would amultiyears world champion lower himself to do something like this that can only add shame to his reputation when the history books are written....He is so eloquent in general and presents himself quite well on the podiums and in press conferences...and he makes hundreds of millions...why would he lower himself to do that? is he desperate for another win?

On another note, he did well to come all the way from the back of the poack and finish as high as he did...had he started 2nd or 3rd, he might have won anyhow...

My 2 c worth

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The interviewer really had to push hard to get something negative out of Montoya before the race.

12. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    You have a Ferrari and been on a race track right? - I have too (Not in a Ferrari, but on track), and I don't know about you, but if I overcorrect and my tires block, as you can see his does, two times, the first one even creates smoke, then he releases the brake, but the wheels are still turned hard right and therefore won't get traction, so offcause he turns to the left again to get the wheels rolling, and then it is to late, he get's to close to the wall and the turning radius is to big to get free. So your argument does not hold water :). Whether MS blocked the brakes on purpose, that we cannot tell, none can, not officials, FIA or anyone, only himself. Therefore the call to remove him from pole was wrong and was not a call for the officials to make as they couldn't know in any way if it was deliberate. They cannot know for sure, and it was a bad call on their behalf.

13. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Baloney, the FIA now have released his telemetry and he braked nearly 50% harder than the previous zillion times at the same corner. A 7 time world champion doesn't make that kind of mistake unless something was mechanically wrong.

14. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Or unless he is on a do-or-die lap, almost losing the car as he enters Rascasse.

15. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    No, there was no need for him to hammer the brakes again mid corner at 16km/h, 'requiring' him to unwind the steering.

Entering the corner yes, but not the silly corrections he did afterwards.

16. heckler40

heckler40 Karting

Apr 18, 2006
    IL
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Since you've been on a track, do you care to comment on his setup into that corner?

17. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    How should I know what his setup is?

18. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Drivers have been known to make silly mistakes in the past.

Senna in Monaco 1988.
    Prost spinning off during the formationlap at Imola 1991.
    Coulthard losing it in the pitlane at Adelaide 1995.
    Hakkinen not remembering how to brake for the Monza-chicane in 2000.

It is possible that Schumacher just made a silly mistake and there´s no evidence it wasn´t just a silly mistake.

19. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    No, none of those examples are anything like what happened with Schumi at that corner.

Senna crashed because he was going absolutely flat out (miles ahead in the lead, having utterly dominated QLF), and understeered into the barrier.

Coulthard crashed because there was either some oil in the pit lane or a malfunction with the drive of the car causing understeer... either way he still crashed.

MS didn't crash, he came to a stop conveniently without causing any damage to the car.

There is evidence that it wasn't a silly mistake. What he actually did as visible from various camera angles - taking a completely different line (straight on / early apex) through the corner; and the telemetry reviewed by the stewards - braking 50% harder than any previous occasion, causing the wheels to lock up.

There is also historical precedence. Schumacher has done this before, i.e. causing a red flag situation during QLF.

20. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Don´t you find that odd? The case would´ve been totally opposite, if only Schumacher had damaged something on the car. Would that have made the move itself any different? No.

21. heckler40

heckler40 Karting

Apr 18, 2006
    IL
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Did you watch the race?

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    True, but damaging just the front wing would have made it less suspect. Patrick Head commented about that to the press: "If you want to get away with this, you need to sacrifice at least a wing."

23. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    What Ferrari should do is call attention to the fact that FIA totally screwed up when handing out the penalties-5 spots for GF and back of the grid for MS by Spanish, French and English stewards. Hmmmmmmm......

Ferrari has its work cut out against Renault-the other F1 teams are useless and the jack-offs @ FIA are out to screw you.

What FIA should do is find out why their crown jewel, F1, stinks in terms of a racing series; these morons need to attend a MotoGP and maybe they'll get a clue what racing is all about....

24. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I would be happy to give Michael the benefit of a doubt if he wasn't already famous for this in F3000. And Patrick hit the nail on the Head (Oh I am so funny!); he should have sacrificed at least a wing.

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually you are. I'll borrow that one and use it at some future moment. Good one. :)