motorcycle riders unite! | FerrariChat

motorcycle riders unite!

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by IROC_DIS, Dec 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    #1 IROC_DIS, Dec 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    past few months i've noticed there were quite a few motorcyclists on here, so i thought i'd start a thread about it. thought it might be interesting to see what sort of riders are on here.

what motorcycles do you currently own, or have owned? any modifications on said bikes? what sort of riding experience do you have? type of riding you prefer? type of bike you would like to get in the future? pictures of your bike are always nice, as are any fun or exciting stories you have to tell about your love of the two-wheeled vehicles.

as for myself, i currently own a 2000 honda cbr600 F4. bought it with 6400 miles on it in May of this year, and so far have put 4000 on it. only "mod" it has now is an undertail kit with an integrated taillamp assembly. its my first bike, and my only real riding experience before it was taking the Motorcycle Safety Foundation beginners course in SC a month before i bought it. riding style is probably rather plain. SC has very flat, straight roads, so i dont get a chance to improve on turning. but i do try every chance i get. and i dont stunt at all ever. i think in the future i'd like to get a Duc, either a 748, 916, 996, or 998, but that is a veeery long time away. ideally i would have a dedicated track bike, something like an 06 R6. then a nice comfortable one i could take on daily rides, like my current F4. and then maybe the Duc just for weekends
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    2004 HD Soft Tail Duece. With wide rear kit and 220 tire.
    Former crotch rocket guy, had a 2001 Suzuki 'Busa.

3. markb

markb Rookie

Dec 22, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    MFB
    I do very little street riding, too dangerous. I spend most of my time on the race track (road racing stlye). I currently race a Kawasaki ZX10, CBR600RR and am race prepping a 2006 Yamaha R6. I have an RC51 for the street and a 1990 Honda RC30 and 1991 Kawasaki ZX7R as collector bikes.

4. DeuceRooster

DeuceRooster Karting

Jun 11, 2005
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    A friend of mine, just sold his RC30. Those bikes are just awesome! Have any pics?

5. DeuceRooster

DeuceRooster Karting

Jun 11, 2005
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    #5 DeuceRooster, Dec 25, 2005
    Here is my 2004 GSXR 1000 it doesn't have much in the way of mods. Just a Yoshimura TRS Titanium exhaust, rear fender eliminator and flush mount front signals (not shown). I have owned it a little over one year and have 3800 miles on it! It's a blast though the power output is an overkill for street use.

6. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    wow your gixxer looks nice, i bet that yosh can sounds like sex

7. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    #7 Choptop, Dec 25, 2005
    Current bikes -
    02 FZ1
    01 GSXR 750 (race/street)
    00 SV650 (race)
    00 Zuki DR-Z400E
    69 BSA/Triumph B25 (race)

other bikes in my garage (girlfriends) -
    87 FJ1200
    01 SV 650
    1942 Harley WLA

past bikes? nearly all of them (i've had LOTS of bikes)

most recent past bikes?
    04 R6
    01 Aprillia Mille (2 of them, one race one street)
    88 FZR 400
    2-3 YSR 50's
    81 Shovelhead Chopper
    95 Kenny Boyce Pro-Street

type of rider?
    AFM, WSMC, SCTA, AMA licensed racer
    World Land Speed Record holder
    ZoomZoom Trackday Instructor
    Active AMCA member

MELLOW street rider. I get my ya-ya's out on the track.

stories? too many to list this late at night.

I like ALL types of riding. ALL types of motorcycles. Not "loyal" to anyone one brand. I dont subscribe to they whole "lifestyle" HD bull. Its just a bike, its just a brand. Nothing special there. HD's are OK, bikes, depending on the type of riding you want to do.

A bike I would like to have in the future? the new Aprilia SuperMotard v-twin looks like a TON of fun.

more pics tomorrow. Got some good ones. for now here is the Mille on the Salt at Bonneville,and racing the 400.

8. DeuceRooster

DeuceRooster Karting

Jun 11, 2005
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Thanks for the compliment. Yes I love the sound of the Yosh, very pleasing!

Choptop: Thats a lot of bikes! Let's see some pics of that 42 Harley if you get a chance.

9. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    My current bike is a 2000 ZX6R, bought new. I've got almost 29,000 miles on it and it still runs great. Only mods I've got are a K&N, and a yosh pipe. Just put a DP clutch kit in and it shifts smooth as glass. Most of my riding is everyday stuff since I can't count on my car to start all the time, damn Ghia. I do live near a couple good roads. Ortega Highway is not far from me and I live minutes from Hwy 74/243 to Idyllwild. Not bad. As much as I love my bike, I'm probably gonna sell it to a friend in a couple months. He wants it and I need a car I can trust. I would like to get an '06 R1 or '06 ZX6r next year though. Gotta start saving up. Gonna go through withdrawls without a bike.

10. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    Just sold my 03 Yamaha V-Star last Sunday, have an 04 HD Softtail Heritage and a new Kawasaki ZZR that my son rides (too fast for me!). Ride safe with the rubber side down!

11. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    All Harleys
    1948 Panhead
    1950 Panhead Chopper (for sale)
    1984 Sportster

12. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    2005 Harley Davidson Fatboy
    2005 Harley Davidson Low Rider

Mark

13. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    #13 Doody, Dec 25, 2005
    2005 Yamaha FZ6. my first bike ever. have had it only a matter of a few months now. was enjoying it immensely before winter set in. she's tucked in a corner of the garage under wraps until the spring.

doody.

14. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Deuce,

What flush mounts do you have? They better be my brand :)

15. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #15 Dave328, Dec 25, 2005
  16. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Currently own:

2001 996 Ducati. Pipe, chip, much carbon fibre.

1977 Triumph Bonny, much modified.

1988 Harris Ducati

May be getting the Roadracing World SV650 bike. Will be testing it on the 14th of next month at Willow Springs.

No intention of starting to race again, unless they start an over 60 class.

Former National number 42, AFM #42, BOTT championships 85, 88, AFM Open Production champion 1972, 1974. AMF over 40 championship 85, 86, 88.

Art

17. DeuceRooster

DeuceRooster Karting

Jun 11, 2005
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Dustin

Oops, I bought the new Hotbodies LED Flush mounts which. What is your brand? I may be interested in some other stuff.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

18. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Traitor! :)

We manufacture the HighTechSpeed brand. If you ever want flushmounts lemme know I can give ya a good price.

19. larryg

larryg Karting

Jun 30, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Larryg
    Currently between bikes. I sold my heavily modified ZR1100 a couple of years ago because I wasn't riding much. Things have changed and I'm looking to put some miles on next year. While I can ride any used bike I have in stock without killing its value, I may go ahead and buy a Z1000 or possibly a ZRX1200 so I have one to call my own.

Larry

20. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    sweet, thanks for all the feedback guys!

sortof a different question, what magazine would you all recommend for a "sportbiker" such as myself? my godparents said they would get me a subscription to whichever one i wanted. i was thinking either the european Performance Bikes, Cycle World, or MotorCyclist

21. DeuceRooster

DeuceRooster Karting

Jun 11, 2005
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    IROC: I would go with MotorCyclist they seem to have good coverage.

22. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    Honda CBR600RR here. Thinking of getting a Ducati soon or a slightly used MV Agusta 750 (they don't make them anymore, and 1000 is too much for a calamari like me).

23. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    any suggestions for tires for my F4? my front tire horribly failed the "penny in a tread" test, and my rear has maybe 2,000 miles or so left on it.

24. British Sea Power

Oct 19, 2005
    Bay Area CA
    #24 British Sea Power, Dec 26, 2005
    I have owned and ridden lots of sport bikes in the past but I have finally settled on a 2004 Triumph Speed Triple. Most fun I have had on a bike in years.

25. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #25 ECTurboGSX, Dec 26, 2005
    The Speed Triple is a sexy bike. I want either an S2R or Triumph naked bike as the next addition to my garage. As far as currently, a yellow 1998 Ducati 748 mono that is totally stock. A new chain, sprocket, and brake pads will probably come with the next service. I love it, and after having it put away for over a month, I got to take her out on Christmas Eve when we got some nice low to mid 60s temps here. As far as type of riding, I like to take it low and fast through the corners. I don't really ride hard in the winter, cold tires and cold pavement aren't a good combo. I don't 'stunt' at all, I would have bought the wrong type of bike for that. Dream bike is an MV Agusta F4 Tamburini.