MotoGP Spoiler | FerrariChat

MotoGP Spoiler

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 2000YELLOW360, Apr 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Looks like another year of Stoner and Rossi fighting over who's better. Stoner this time by 5 seconds, Rossi got a terrible start, Stoner grabbed the lead, and left.

Art

2. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    I was able to watch the race live on the internet and it was a yawner. Stoner had the field covered easily. Hayden had a big wreck Saturday but brought it home in 12th. Not great, but a lot better than a DNS.

Rossi is probably waiting to get back to the Euro tracks where he can frustrate Casey and we will see how his wrist holds up throughout 17 races.

3. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    me too, but did you see the collision with Pedrosa? Sure got my attention, and he kept it up, but was a little slower after that.

Art

4. Duck_Hollywood

Duck_Hollywood Formula Junior

May 21, 2006
    Dallas, Tx
    I cant remember the last time I saw a save like the one Pedrosa made

5. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    It will be an interesting season if Dovizioso outrides Honda's golden boy for the first few rounds. If the reports of Puig's manipulations in the garage are true, Repsol Honda would be a tense place with his guy as the #2 rider.

With the rumors that this is Pedrosa's last year at Honda unless he delivers a championship, there could be some fireworks.

6. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    Dani P will be doing well if he holds fourth this season IMO.
    The bike just isn't good enough.
    Two Bridgestone specialsts on better bikes will carve up the bulk of first and second spots it appears.
    That leaves Dani fighting with three other bikes for the scraps.
    I believe Rossi and Stoner will be followed by another yamaha as often as not.
    We'll see but it could be a hard year for Dani.

7. Duck_Hollywood

Duck_Hollywood Formula Junior

May 21, 2006
    Dallas, Tx
    I think Capirossi might have a shot at that 3rd spot

8. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Nope, doesn't have the HP. If you watched them down the straight, he had a few mph on the exits, but they gobbled him up by the end of the straights. Sooner, rather than later, he ended up throwing it away, because he'd used his tires up. Bike just isn't a podium unit. They got better, but not good enough.

Art

9. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    How about Colin Edwards finishing 4th? Great job by him.

I hope Lorenzo can stay healthy this year to see what he can do over the course of a full season.

I am curious to see what Toseland and Dovizioso can do...........

10. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Go Ducati, go Stoner!

:)

11. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Rossi fastest today.

Art

12. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Another rain out. Lets hope the rain goes for tomorrows race.

So much for global warming. Its freezing. Sorry P&R comment. :p

13. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
  14. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Lorenzo on the pole in Spain, with Rossi 4th, Stoner 3rd, and the midget in second.

Art

15. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    The other Ducatis way back on the grid. I wonder what Stoner would do with a Yamaha.

16. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Rossi may find his biggest competition this year is from his own teammate. The control tire situation really seems to have helped a few and somewhat surprisingly hurt Rossi a bit.

But by looking at qualifying for Spain and the results from Motegi and Qatar, it appears as though the top four racers are where they should be, at the front. Pedrosa's injury-hampered ride in the desert notwithstanding, these four (Stoner, Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa) represent the best in motorcycle racers in the wolrd and have been at the front so far this season.

They are the only ones with any shot at the championship this year and probably for the next couple of seasons.

17. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    Rossi and Jeremy B spent last year setting the yamaha up to work on Bridgestones. To the benefit of Lorenzo, Edwards et al this year.

18. PaulVincent

PaulVincent Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    Rossi, Pedrosa, Stoner, DePuniet, Melandri

19. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Don't kid yourself. We've got some great riders here, and if they get a shot at MotoGP, they might have an opportunity. Ben Spies is a classic example. If he gets a decent ride, look for him at the front when he gets there.

Art

20. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Quote from Rossi in the post race interview. "My bike was farggin fast today" well that's what it sounded like.

21. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Rossi, once again, proves why he is the greatest off all time. What a beautiful win!

I can't believe Lorenzo went down......at least he didn't get hurt.

Where the heck is Hayden?????? I was so hoping he would be giving Stoner a run for his money........not looking good for him at all.

22. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    #22 tundraphile, May 3, 2009
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
    I have really enjoyed watching Spies this year in World Superbike, the combo of Spies/Yamaha is almost without question the fastest in that series. Misfortune has put him far behind Haga in points, even if he doesn't win the championship Spies has proven that he deserves a good ride in MotoGP. One thing that will be interesting later this fall however is the number of top 250 riders that will try to jump up to the premier class rather than compete in Moto2. Spies may find the number of available "good" rides pretty slim. Unless it is on a Yamaha or possibly a customer Honda, he will already be at a handicap. Hayden is showing the Ducati is difficult to say the least. The Ducati may become radioactive to top riders, no one excapt Stoner can get anything out of it. Suzuki seems to stay in their same place competitively compared to the other teams. Hayate will likely go away for 2010.

At the same time Spies will also have his pick of rides in WSBK, probably for the same money or more than as a rookie in MotoGP. He is well on his way to becoming the most popular rider in that series, up there already with Haga, Corser, and Biaggi. Maybe he will choose to stay and make a career of superbikes.

23. PaulVincent

Oct 21, 2007
    I believe that a MotoGP rule change for 2010 won't allow Spies to ride for a factory team his first season.

24. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    There is talk that for factory teams like Suzuki who only have two bikes on the grid the rule could be ignored.

I'm not sure how they enforce it anyway. Toni Elias is on the third factory Honda, while his teammate is on a customer Honda. They are not exactly the same bike. It is just a matter of what bodywork you put on the factory bike and where it is parked. If hypothetically Lorenzo was lost for the year and Edwards was close to the front, his Tech3 bike would likely be the actually "factory" and Lorenzo's stand-in would get the customer bike.

25. PaulVincent

Oct 21, 2007
    Well, I just hope that it all works out for Spies (cause I'm selfish and want to see him in MotoGP).