MotoGP 2020 | FerrariChat

MotoGP 2020

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Igor Ound, Feb 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

This year, how exciting?

1. 5

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. 4

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Last year for Rossi with an official Yamaha, Marquez brothers together and can’t wait to see what Ducati has developed.

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Typically moto GP is interesting - but before it really begins we do not know for sure how well matched will be the different teams...

Igor Ound likes this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It will be interesting to see how the Marquez brothers cohabit in the same team, on the same equipment, etc ...
    That's a scenario to break up a family!

4. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Is NBCSN going to cover all Moto GP weekends this year? I just noticed the Qatar race is there....

5. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    Several other online sites stating NBCSN will air Moto GP but details are lacking at this point. I saw Qatar listed on TVRacer.com 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm March 8 on NBCSN.

https://advrider.com/nbc-inks-multi-year-deal-with-motogp/

6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Quatar GP cancelled.

The lesser categories will race because they are already there testing but GP is totally cancelled...

7. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    So will they discount the Moto GP subscription since there is already 1 race gone?? Was going to sign up on Roku but might be worth waiting to see if they cut the price if more races end up being cancelled.

8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thailand now postponed.

9. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    NBCS was billboarding coverage of MotoGP Saturday night during the MotoX event from
    Atlanta.

So, finally MotoGP will finally be relevant again.

NBCS coverage of MotoX is well done, fun to watch.

BHW

10. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  11. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule

YES, YES, YES!!!!!
    But there goes my only MotoGP complaint...

12. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    If there are any races. Three off the calendar so far.

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    COTA race has been rescheduled to Nov 15 from April 5.

14. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Well, my excitement of broadcast TV of the season has worn off. I have DVDs of every season since 1983. Watching 2016 now.

15. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    For anybody that recorded the GP2 race off NBC SN the other night, jump to 35min in if you want to get to where the race actually starts. A lot of bad talking heads before that.

16. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Season starts this weekend, tons of movement regarding riders and teams for 2021, could make the shortened 2020 season interesting. Sad to see Crutchlow without a ride next year.

LVP488 likes this.
  17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    First victory of a Frenchman in the highest category since 1999 (!)
    Pole and victory, good job Quartararo.
    Marquez managed his first mistake with incredible skills, made a breathtaking come-back, but sadly his next mistake had more consequences - wishing him a quick recovery.

18. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Since organizers have been playing around with different networks and broadcast partners,
    yesterday's MotoGP was the first race I've since in what must be three years.

Very nice to see it back again. The races are typically exciting from start to finish and the
    Jerez event was no exception.

Incredible come back ride from Marquez only to end up crashing and severely breaking his
    arm. That was a nasty shunt.

BHW

19. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Season is interesting so far!

20. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Marquez showed is very best and very worst in one race. Absolutely lightening but did he need to risk that much? Feel sorry for him but otoh he’s now made this season a lot more interesting than the last few

jag-oo-r likes this.
  21. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Yeah, as much as I want to hate MM, I can't. He's brilliant on a motorcycle. And almost always smiling. What's not to love?
    Rossi has always been special to me, (and millions of others, right?) but MM has the same sort of "extra" that we always saw from Rossi through most of his career. I think the biggest disappointment for me right now, is that I continue to expect Rossi to pull-out some of those miracle-moves that he's so famous for.... but they just aren't there any longer. In the meantime, they ARE there for MM... and that's probably why I want to hate him. (But I can't).

Watching that epic crash-that-wasn't yesterday, I was picking my jaw up off the floor. I knew what was coming next and was doing the math in my head long before the commentators started doing it for us. But (and I don't know if you have Motorcycle-racing experience, so if I'm telling you things you know, forgive me) you use SO much tire doing what he had to do. He had NOTHING left of that rear tire by the time he got to Vinales. And the fact that his day ended in a high-side suggests to me that he had dialed-back the electronics as much as the bike would let him, just so he could get to where he was. Marquez, like Rossi before him, (and Hayden and Edwards and etcetc,) is always best when the tires go-off. He's perfectly comfortable with the tires pointing different directions from each other. (I think it was Morbidelli he was passing a few laps earlier and he had both wheels sliding as he went up the inside of him). And it's nice to see some actual riding-talent on display, instead of the ham-fisted "whack it open at the apex and let the electronics do the rest" that we've seen from the likes of Stoner, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, etc etc etc.

Would you really have liked MM for "settling" for 3rd place? I'd have been disappointed to see him ARRIVE with the pace in his pocket, and then slow-down because he was "safely in 3rd". In fact, if he had passed Vinales and not made a mathematically-impossible challenge to get to Fabio, I would've been disappointed. I think he would've been thinking "how can I push Fabio into a mistake". stranger things happen all the time.

But how cool was it to hear the Marseilles at a GP? Freddie Spencer once told me "if winning a world championship was easy, a Frenchman would've done it by now". I'd sure love to see Fabio turn some heads.

Igor Ound likes this.
  22. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Now after successful surgery yesterday he is thinking of racing already this coming weekend:eek:

23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Marquez is astonishing as a driver but an earlier comeback could led to an ending career accident.
    He doesn't want to score some points , he is absolutely convinced to win the race with a broken arm.
    His mindset is all about this.
    He will need some luck again ..

Nembo1777 likes this.
  24. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Fabio two out of two bravo Monsieur, it will be tough for Marc to claw back those points but he was very classy in stating that the 2020 world champion won't be a lesser one due to his absence. His accident cannot be blamed on whoever wins the title if he doesn't.