MotoGP 2016 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

MotoGP 2016

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Mule, Mar 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hollywood-GP

Hollywood-GP Karting

Jun 15, 2015
    Still 7 rounds to go in the championship and anything can happen, Rossi finished last season strong, he might make things interesting again this season

2. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Great race at Silverstone with a clear winner and a thrilling battle for second place. MM really has a chip on his shoulder though when it comes to beating Rossi. To me he went over the line and it's a miracle that nobody went down because of it.

3. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Anyone know if Loris Baz is okay?

4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Hope yamaha's new frame will give Rossi a little advantage and see him close the gap in the championship. Lorenzo seems lost meanwhile. Is it him or his side of the team not helping him much?

5. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Awesome Motogp race today-exactly the opposite of F1. New F1 owners need to study Motogp to see how it's done. 8 different winners in the last 8 races. F1 "racing" is a joke compared to this.

6. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    +1 MotoGP has been tremendous this year. As boring and predictable as F1 has been for the last 3 years, MotoGP has been riveting. Love Rossi doing a "shoey" on the podium. It is refreshing to hear the riders say the other guy that won was just faster than them today, rather than blaming the team like certain F1 drivers.

Forza Rossi #46!

7. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Couldn't agree more. Motogp is the series to watch and follow this year!

8. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    Will get the online service next season unless the series gets real network coverage.

9. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Man can't wait for next year. Marquez/Rossi/Lorenzo will be a ball with Vinales and Iannone as outsiders

10. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    wish we didn't have to pay to watch race online.

11. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Rossi on pole for tomorrow...................go Rossi!

12. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Watching it now. Starts in 16 minutes

13. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Can't believe it is not on TV, as good as it is. Even the gray on-line downloads are drying up. The MotoGP app is silly expensive, and paying to watch it on a tiny screen stinks.

Come on Fox or Velocity or NBCSN or Spike - pick it up! Looks like I will keep buying the season DVDs from Duke.

14. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    I use googlecast to broadcast to my tv, it works great. You are right about how good it is, the worst race is much more competitive and more enjoyable than the best F1 race for the last 3 years.

15. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    If you can connect your phone to your TV it will play there. I have MotoGP on my internet, and just connect the phone to the tv. And there it is. Looks like Valencia is going to be interesting. I think I've got Yamaha hospitality passes, so it would ll be interesting to hear Vale's comments Sunday night.

Art

16. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Couldn't have been a worse day for Yamaha, handing it all over to Marquez. What is that, 5 now? As big a Rossi fan as I am, there's little denying that Marquez has an excellent shot at becoming all-time WC holder when he calls it a day.

Art, it has been a while since we've seen you on here, welcome back. Hopefully we'll hear from you more often. Your insight has been missed.

17. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    I know many here have a distaste for Marquez but no one can deny his talent. The Honda has come along a bit now but for much of the season you could easily see how hard it was to ride. He pulled everything out of it to win this championship. I like watching him ride, bike always moving around, always on the edge.

This was Yamaha's year to win it with relative ease and they blew it. Rossi is a great champion. But past his peak, too many mistakes this season.

18. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    With Lorenzo going to Ducati I have a feeling it will be MotoGP titles #4 & #5 for Marquez before Jorge joins him at Repsol Honda in 2019.

19. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Ducati will win soon. I have no doubts

20. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    +1 I'm not a Marquez fan but credit where credit's due. There's a sense of urgency in his riding that I miss with the others. I'm not sure who will be able to oppose him next year. Perhaps Vignalez?

21. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    You will know better after 11/13. If they can get the Honda to turn and accelerate, they will win. The problem is that with the motor they have, they fell into Ducati's trap, an engine that is too long, so it only turns or accelerates. Ducati has the motor, but again the chassis isn't the best in the class, their redesign of the motor didn't go far enough. Yahama has the package, but is down about 20-30 HP to the Honda, and 50 or so to the Ducati. Suzuki went the same way. If Yamaha can fix the HP deficiency no one beats them. They need a new motor, theirs is long in the tooth. They know it too. Suzuki doesn't have the money to play here.

Art

22. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Marquez did race smarter this season compared to last. He settled for points sometimes rather than going for the win and risk crashing out. He has matured quite a bit. Had he raced like this last year, he may have won it as well.

He's still young, definitely has at least 2 more championships in him, if not more.

Is Lorenzo confirmed for Honda or you're just saying that??

23. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I can't stand the lay-out of the official MotoGP website. Are there any good alternatives?