Motocross/Enduro/Dualsport | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Motocross/Enduro/Dualsport

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by sigar, Jun 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Many, many, many years ago, I had a client in Sacramento who had a restaurant called the Virgin Sturgeon. (I think it is still there.) She sold and moved to the west coast and brought an old hotel. Back then all you had to do was show $600 a month coming from the states. I've never been, but I sometimes think about it. :)

2. Edgar Diaz

Edgar Diaz Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Edgar Diaz
    mcimino and Bas like this.
  3. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

The virgin sturgeon is still there, kind of gone downhill a bit though.. and I believe you are correct she is still there..ill to find out where she is at..

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Cool, if you find something out, let me know. Talk about a blast from the past. This must have been around 1989.

5. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Cool bikes, I was looking for an enduro recently but none of my friends wanted to ride on the street to get anywhere so I went with this Ktm. The thing is a beast.

Attached Files:

mcimino and Bas like this.
  6. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I had a 79 Can-Am Qualifier 250 that I titled and licensed and would ride to a few local destinations for some after work off-roading. A good friend had the same bike and we’d choose days to both rode to work on them, then ride after for a few hours, then his mom would feed us great Italian dinners when we got done. Later at a different job, I commuted 12 miles each way with it a few times. Jumped the equipment loading ramp at work and they all thought I was nuts, lol. Studded the tires one winter and rode with a group of sleds from Algonquin IL to Burlington Wisconsin on the Fox River in about 10°.

7. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I once rode a DT1 at 20 below just so I could later tell people I was dumb enough to do it. It wasn’t a very long ride.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Streetsurfer likes this.
  8. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    :eek: :D
    The things we do just to say we did.....still, at almost 60 y/o even.

9. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I think yes, the sand is brown, thought there is a colored pebble beach on the north-west side.

10. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Last I heard you have to show $600 a month of inbound income for CR to let you stay. I'm sure it's more now.

11. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    You can stay indefinitely on the 90 day tourist visa, just have to leave every 90 days; but if you have a pension it is much easier to get a permanent residence visa.

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  13. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    It ain't bad.

Bas likes this.
  14. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I placed an order for a Beta 250 rr yesterday. Should take delivery within the next ten days, or so. I checked out a Gas Gas, but there too tall and about a thousand dollars more. Kind of a shame, as a riding buddy works at the shop, and it's less than a 1/2hr away.

Coming off a modified KDX, I'm looking forward to a modern bike. More power, better suspension, and electric start will make life in the woods much better for this old man.

I'll post some pics when it gets here.

15. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    We've had some what of an extended winter here on Long Island...myself and the wife, both looking forward to getting back on the track soon Image Unavailable, Please Login .

16. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Finally took delivery of my Beta 250 RR. I've only played around in the yard with it, but my first impression is that I'm going to love this bike. My son and I will be headed out this morning for a short ride.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Beta has announced their 200rr will be released in October. I bet they'll have a hard time keeping up with demand.

18. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
  19. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    I was really into Dual Sport riding a decade ago; had many different bikes: Transalp, NX650, Pegaso, KTM 950 etc. The KTM was awesome; probably the best all around bike I ever owned but it was still 400 lbs. But my favorite dual sport was a Suzuki DRZ400S that I tricked out for serious self sustained adventure. Spent many hours and miles off the beaten path in Baja. Some key features were a special steering damper/riser (I'm 6'5"), gel seat, hard panniers and an aux fuel cell to supplement the aftermarket 5 gal tank. All in all about half the weight of a BMW GS. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Texas Forever and mcimino like this.
  20. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    mcimino likes this.
  21. Ajax de 1e

Ajax de 1e Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2014
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Steef
    Missed this topic......huge fan of MX, especially 2-stroke! Love to see Malcolm Steward riding (he's like dancing on that bike!), but huge fan of Jeffrey Herlings.

I see it this way: if you enjoy a screeming F355, then you must be into 2-stroke! 4-stroke makes a lazy rider....
    2-strokes are coming back, it's more fun to ride, and easier to maintain.
    I own some classic bikes as well as some modern ones. And still active in racing, although I cannot keep up with the young ones anymore.... ;)

22. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I bought 2 new 2018 EXCF’s. A 350 and a 500. Figured it would be pretty easy to get some guys I know to go, used to ride-no bikes anymore etc. gone a handful of times but been rather disappointing overall. No one has time and area is quite limited these days.

23. NORTY

NORTY Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2008
    CARLSBAD, CA, USA,
    Full Name:
    NORTY
    For those of you that are thinking that a “ too lightweight” bike feels skitterish on the road at faster speeds, you need to try a Husky 701. These seem to have the perfect combo of “enough weight for the road” and “light enough to have fun offroad.”
    Those that are used to KLR 650’s and XR650L’s must realize that your bikes are 75 lbs overweight and are missing half the power. Go try one of these...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. NORTY

NORTY Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2008
    CARLSBAD, CA, USA,
    Full Name:
    NORTY
    Oh yeah, you can do this with them too...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk