Mosler MT900 | FerrariChat

Mosler MT900

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by WILLIAM H, Mar 15, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #1 WILLIAM H, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So I have a chance to buy a Mosler later this year for what looks like a good price

Anybody know much about the quality & resale on the MT900 ?

How about parts ?

I've always admired the MT900, gorgeous badazz ride
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    With such a low production I am not aware of any sales of a used Mosler.

There are 2 Mt 900 owners on this forum and I am in touch with a total of 6 counting myself.

I absolutely am thrilled with mine but it is definitely not a like any massed produced car. The fit and finish is excellent but the ride is all race car. The performance is outstanding. I also have a 650HP Ford GT and after driving the Mosler the GT seems slow.

Feel free to contact me as there are some issues to look at but all are very easy to check and adjust as needed. The factory is still there but they are only building cars as ordered.

When I did have warranty issues they were more then willing to pay for the fix but I decided to do the work myself for various reasons.

Parts are mostly off the shelf race car and relatively cheap compared to Italian cars. I believe it is the cheapest all carbon car produced weighing 2,400 pounds it is pretty fast. I have a supercharged LS-2 with 820HP, but there is one with 1,800 HP and a couple in the 1,000 HP range.

I don't think there are very many owners who are or will be selling their MT 900's. Pretty sure there are less then 40 built. I have been told the quality was not up to speed in the beginning but many of those cars were pulled back and redone to better standards. My car is one of the last ones and can be seen by searching Candy Red Mosler.

Good Luck

3. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #3 leead1, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
    I love my Mosler. When I bought mine they told me it was the first in North America in private hands.

I had a few teething issues with the Mosler when I bought mine. Mosler under warrenty fixed all of these. The car is basically a reliable covette drive train. It has not given me any trouble since the beginning.

I find the Mosler to be very powerful but alittle rude and crude. Great to look at and drive but you are aware you are driving a purpose built race car. I kind of like that. It sure causes alot of attention. I most likely will not sell mine for a very long time. It has stunning appearance. Much better than pictures can show

They told me any Chevy dealer can work on it. Non of my local dealers will go near it. Local mechanics have done the work for me. They have no trouble working on the car because it is basically a Vette It has been for the most part as reliable as a hammer.

Lee

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Between the F40 & my race cars rude & crude is no problem :)

Its looks downright luxurious next to the F40 LOL

5. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    What tickles me is how the manufacturer identifies your car. When my mechanic calls them to ask a question they do not want the vin number the factory asks what the car color is. oh its the orange one :)

They do seem luxurious to a F40. love those cars :)

Lee

6. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    Apparently, Warren Mosler has sold the company. There is a Motor Trend interview with him on Youtube.

7. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    Lots of development in those cars, but have to be careful not to get a hard raced one that's taken some crashes ....Derek Bell and his son were quite involved with the car and it's development too!

8. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    I saw that video, Warren Mosler had some interesting ideas yet the designs were terrible. Rossion bought them from what I remember watching.

I'm interested in seeing what Rossion will do to Mosler since they haven't done much since their purchase of Noble. It would be cool if they can mash up a Noble and Mosler design. The Q1 doesn't seem to be going anywhere, no updated cars or boost in performance.

9. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Mosler changed the model uear just recently. The car shape looks basically the same although there are some minute differences in the shape. The main difference is the HP can now be 725 from the factory. They also added some highlighting ro the car that is stunning. I do not know if it is paint or molded in the carbon fiber. What I know is it makes the car just pop.

A Mosler sold at Mecum or barret Jackson a few years ago. I do not remember the price.
    The manufacturer was so good to me concerning warrenty and general maintenace.

Not a good every day car it causes to much attention. More then any other car that I own including my 458 F car. Just a great fast and wonderfully handling toy :)

Lee

10. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    #11 f4udriver, Jun 14, 2013
    I hope they can revive the car. For what it is I can't imagine anything that does it better. They are brutally fast and the handling is unbelievable. If you want a car that is very raw with not a lot of electronic wizardry just performance at all costs the Mosler does it very well.

They may be limited in straight line traction compared to an AWD car but the steering and throttle response is incredible. I have the triple disc light weight flywheel and 800 HP and it is faster then anything I have ever driven. When I get into my 650 HP Ford GT it seems slow after driving the Mosler. It is the first car I have ever had where even experienced drivers are a little scared when given a ride. When I tell my wife I am going to drive the Mosler, her automatic response is "OK if I get the call I will bail you out".

Unfortunately it has had a lot of bad press that is very difficult to overcome, and people think it is a kit car Corvette. Nothing could be further from the truth. The entire body is Carbon and the front clip with headlights weighs just 14 pounds. When I was at the factory they had a nose piece and asked me to pick it up. I put out my hands and they said no just one finger. It weighed 7 pounds with out the lights.

A lot of people don't realize the car is 50 state legal and has been crashed tested from all sides. It has a good air conditioning system and the leather interior is the highest quality I have ever seem. The later cars have full electric windows and electric locks.

The rest is all Race car no power steering or brakes and I wear ear plugs due to the low pitched exhaust rumble, (surprisingly it does not bother females). The engine is hard mounted to the frame and there is absolutely no rubber in any of the suspension.

11. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Interesting that you and Lee both own Moslers and Ford GTs!

Lee, gotta get yourself an airplane, although Mike's fleet is tough to beat. But something tells me you've already owned aircraft. Wouldn't surprise me!

KevFla

12. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #13 leead1, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    Hi Kevin, great to hear from you. I hope you are doing well.

Yes and I can tell the gentleman has good taste in cars :)

I just bought a new 12C Mclaren supercar. In fact it will be delivered today. I am so excited just like a kid :)

So when you and Troy come visit when I get the 2014 Vette you will have something else to look at. Of course I am trading in three cars, BMW M3, Lamborgini and the Lotus Evora S. I am trying To shed cars. I was running out of storage space and I was getting two many cars. It seemed very week I took a car for service or oil change

I have already done airplanes. I have owned 5 planes. my last was a straight tail A36 Bonanza. I use to fly all over the country looking for that perfect hamburger. I never did much IFR just alittle. To be honest hard IFR scared me although I did do some.

See you and Troy soon

Best regards,

Lee

13. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Mike I agree with you. I love my Mosler. As you say it is a serious fast supercar. I called Mosler when the news broke and they were still doing service and providing assistance. Well at least you can get parts and have it repaired anywhere.

I get the corvette comment but I also get people think it is a European exotic car.

I have been asked the kit car question but I point out is has a vin number including the other points you make quite nicely. I think we get the kit question not because it looks like a kit car but because it it so exotic and different in appearance.

Lee

14. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    I'm not sure this is the best place for this, but here goes

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y45i0Yi8oo&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLB887FD851936DD29]Mosler MT900 and Consulier GTP! Supercars Ahead of Their Time - The Downshift Ep. 58 - YouTube[/ame]

15. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #16 leead1, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    When I saw these photos I knew that was my Mosler car color. Then I just relooked at these photos and I recogized the cars and coffee that I go too or did untill they stopped it.

Interesting point I was just contacted through a freind in the business by the Top gear TV show. They want to do a piece on the Mosler and are looking for a car.

An honor no doubt but I decided not to do it.

A great car tho and I am so glad I bought it :).

Best

Lee

16. lor2435

lor2435 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2005
    NYC
    Leead1, do you know anything about the phantom GTR? I saw one (the only one?) this weekend.

Crazy car!

17. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Is this car new and for sale now or coming soon? Great name.
    I will google it to learn.

Thank you for the heads up

Regards,

Lee

18. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I just looked it up. They sure are stunning. The little I read says it is a kit car made in England. It implied they are not sold in the USA.

I am not much on kit cars. But thank you for telling me about this car. If I see one I will look at them closer.

Thanks again,

Lee

19. IADLandShark

IADLandShark Rookie

Nov 28, 2015
    Palm Springs/Parma
    #20 IADLandShark, Nov 29, 2015
    Hello

I am new to FChat...
    Are there any Mosler owners out there ?

I own the Mosler IAD Land Shark and am looking to sell it.
    I absolutely love my car, but it's time to let her go.

I may consider a partial trade plus cash, for a cool car.

If interested, PM me...

Thanks

20. jhUSAin

jhUSAin Rookie

Jun 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeff

Hello, do you still own a Mosler. I just purchased on that just happened to drop on my lap. Interesting story. Yet, looking for other owners to speak to. I have a 2009 with a signed autograph by Warren Mosler himself. Let me know

21. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Still have 2 of them

thecarreaper likes this.
  22. jhUSAin

jhUSAin Rookie

Jun 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Mike

I tried emailing you but no response. I would love to learn more about the moslers

23. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Just sent a message with emails and phone