More lawlessness in the Seattle area | FerrariChat

More lawlessness in the Seattle area

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Federal man, Jun 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Federal man

Federal man Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2018
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Mark Higinbotham
    Just a heads-up during this time of lawlessness in the Seattle area. My next door neighbor was just fired upon Sunday night in Renton. He was driving his gold Bentley Mulsanne at 11 PM when a guy in a hoodie crossed the street in front of him. Without provocation the guy pulled out a 45 cal and opened fire. Fortunately my neighbor had the presence of mind to floor it and do an evasive maneuver. One slug penetrated the A pillar, windscreen, and took out the electronics in the dash. Channel 7 came out this morning and filmed the story. Unfortunately the police won't put a detective on the case until Thursday. So my neighbor took it upon himself to canvas the area warehouses and businesses looking for any video footage. Police said since no one was injured it was not a priority...WTF? So a criminal is running around with ZERO value for human life trying to execute people at traffic lights and it is not a priority??? Here is a link to the Channel 7 story.
    https://www.kiro7.com/video/?id=XI446UM3OJZ5ZHZ6WCTYDMDWGY

Flea7, whatheheck, donv and 2 others like this.
  2. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Glad your friend is ok, sorry about the car.

PSA:

When seconds count, cops are only minutes away. Carry your own firearms, handle your own business.

Flea7, Il Steeg, Split S and 3 others like this.
  3. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    Is Ferrari Seattle in the CHOPZ / CHAZ zone?

4. Federal man

Federal man Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2018
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Mark Higinbotham
    It is in what is called the Capitol Hill neighborhood, but not directly inside the CHOP zone. However their windows were broken out in the riots and have been boarded up. I did see a pic yesterday of one of our local members picking up his 2013 458 after his 95,000 service! So they are open for business but the area is still very sketchy.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    sorry to hear about this

Federal man likes this.
  6. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Eeeeek! 95,000 miles, or 95,000 $$$......? Either way, wow! :eek:

7. Federal man

Federal man Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2018
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Mark Higinbotham
    Yes, you are correct to be skeptical of the number, but 95,000 miles is correct. The owner is our PNW club activities coordinator and he organizes and leads many drives. His 458 is his DD and he takes pride in driving it that way.

tritone, Flea7, johnei and 3 others like this.
  8. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    4000lb car should be an equal match to a 45. Law abiding citizen is shocked and stunned by what just happened. That's why they can't understand officer involved shooting or death while apprehending a perp. More of these incidents and people will realize there will need to be a different way of dealing with these lcriminals. They are not people. They are predators. Are you prey?

Split S likes this.
  9. Federal man

Federal man Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2018
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Mark Higinbotham
    I agree 100%! And I am not prey. However, with these digital footprints, we must all be careful what statements we post that might later be used against us in a court of law.

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    No one should be shot at, not even behind the wheel of such a ghastly colored car.

Federal man likes this.
  11. niftyfivefifty

niftyfivefifty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2007
    PacNW
    That is terrible, I am glad to hear he wasn’t hurt. Renton and some other areas are risky after dark in an expensive vehicle. Last year I found myself on I5 NB between Federal Way and Renton around midnight, and a 90s Caprice was doing incredible speed in the HOV and someone in it was firing a handgun into the air.

Federal man likes this.
  12. Federal man

Federal man Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2018
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Mark Higinbotham
    I was in that exact same area yesterday afternoon driving with my top down going 65 mph in a middle lane. I was startled when an old ratty pick-up with a loose blue tarp over the bed came blowing by me with some toothless yahoo hanging out the passenger door yelling at me. These days I am on edge when anything like that happens because you never know if they are friend or foe.

13. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    This must be the white one! :D

jcurry and whatheheck like this.