Monza Thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Monza Thread

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 62 250 GTO, Sep 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hey Senna and Flatout,
    Imperial sure does not need me to defend him! But I have never seen such excitement and over-the-top postings from a true Ferrari F1 fan who, no doubt, bleeds a diferent shade of Rossa than the rest of us! I shudder to think what will happen to him if Ferrari were to migrate to mid pack! We will be talking him down from very tall buildings! Har! ;0)
    Jim

Oh, and Jon - there are a few trolls around who have a true personal hatred for MS or F. Why they post is anyone's guess. Things do get a little lively around here - so I have heard.... Maybe we do need a disclaimer!

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I guess so ... but it is hardly exciting to watch.

You are forgetting Austria a few years ago. RB had as much chance at the WC as MS did ... but was asked to pull over for MS. Clearly shows that Ferrari only see MS as WC material.

Arh, money the curse of everything ;)

True, but wouldn't it be interesting. Currently we have Ross Brawn making decisions for both cars ... often that means he has to favouritise (ie. you cannot have both of them pit at the same time).
    Does this prove that wings are the real problem?
    Why?, F1 would still be faster. Remember it is the hp and torque produced that dictates the performance not the cc size. Remember also how good the 60's 1.5 ltr F1 racing was ... probably the most competitive ever.

I didn't. I am 100% aware that the other teams need to step up ... but until they do OR Ferrari fall over, we are going to be bored out of our brains. I do not care what is done ... I want to watch motor racing again. We have a few options:
    - Kick every other team very hard up the arse ... and Michelin too.
    - Change the rules to enable the weak teams to be competitive :(.
    - Force MS to retire :(.
    - Force Ferrari to replace RB with a driver that may challenge MS, as we all know whether it is team orders or NOT, RB cannot challenge MS.
    - Stop watching F1 (as I have) until the inevitable happens and the gap is closed and motor racing returns and finally MS is pushed again.

Austria a few years ago. US GP this year ... but I have to concede on top of those obvious Ross Brawn initiated moves to favour MS, RB simply cannot hold a candle to MS's ability. Thus all we are watching is MS driving around in circles (for most races).

Now that would be great if MS was actually pushing hard like the old days ... but it is obvious by the car's attitude that 90% of the time he is just cruising.

And Imperial83, my view that F1 is currently boring has absolutely nothing to do with me not understanding the sport ... I understand fncken perfectly mate, but I also have my eyes open and brain working and as much of a Ferrari F1 fan that I am ... this is still boring!

I want to see Ferrari beat somebody. Currently MS's only competition is RB and we know before most races start that MS is going to beat him ... is that great to watch ... NOT for me.

While motor racing is all about winning, like all sports there is no satisfaction from beating somebody else when you are driving a race car and the rest a Morris Minor ... where is the challenge and bravo to MS there?

Pete
    ps: Concrats to Ferrari for making the only racing car on the grid.

3. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    NO, Congrats to Ferrari for developing a true team effort while all other teams have not understood the meaning of strategic partnership and collaboration.

PSK, You need to apply for a job at McLaren and straighten them out. Then you would have no reason to complain about Ferrari dominance.

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Agreed.

Now that is a great idea ... :D ... put a New Zealander in the team again!

BTW: Have a look at this thread ... http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=32353, I'm not the only one that is bored.

Pete

5. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    I am simple guy. It took nearly two decades for Ferrari to get where they are. Really don't care if the whole world is bored. I enjoy Ferrari victories.

Don't enjoy F1, then don't follow F1. Find another sport!