Monza SP1 & SP2 | Page 113 | FerrariChat

Monza SP1 & SP2

Discussion in 'Icona Series (SP1, SP2, & SP3)' started by ajr550, Sep 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StuartNZ

StuartNZ Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    Auckland, New Zeland
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    I did not, it is a custom blue colour named after my father who was the inspiration for this vehicle.

2. 611LW

611LW Karting

Feb 26, 2020
    Bavaria, Germany
  3. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  4. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    All I could think of was how beautiful the Monza looked and how stupid the Elva looked. The Aston is neither here nor there, trying a bit too hard to be cool.

Zenit99, ewright, 611LW and 3 others like this.
  5. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Can you believe he said he’d want the Aston? And that he thought the Elva was the best car? Just thinking of that barrier rising on the bonnet right in front of his face makes me laugh

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

[gTr], 611LW, Picchu88 and 1 other person like this.
  6. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    #2810 maha, May 27, 2021
    Last edited: May 27, 2021
    both mclaren and aston were factory provided car and with all accessories. they choose a matte white colored monza sp2, the lines of the car somehow looked muted on screen though it was still looking gorgeous, miles ahead.
    how funny ! he complaint about the monza that it didn't come up with any helmets and sunglasses etc etc and same time recites a rhapsody about those things come with elva and the speedster........
    british media!

PS they need to sell those cars.....

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and jpalmito like this.
  7. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
  8. 611LW

611LW Karting

Feb 26, 2020
    Bavaria, Germany
    elmadi, leopoldo and of2worlds like this.
  9. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    mac is making mistake offering windshield version because its too similar to a 765 spider. all their cars are so similar it reminds me of the old days when gm made olds, buick, pontiac, chevy, caddy all off same platform and drivetrains.

spyderman and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Not sure they care my friend..they cant shift the cars, they keep dropping production numbers and no one seems to be buying…soon they will put propellers on it and sell it as a boat

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

elmadi likes this.
  11. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    My guess is they added the windshield to shift more of the cars in the US market by making it road legal and create bit of a differentiation from the Monza (maybe enough people told them to make the ugly bar that rises disappear). Why anyone would pay Monza money for the Elva is completely beyond me. Its such a boring and disappointing mish mash design.

12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    At least it's drivable now...

13. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Some British manufacturers are experiencing major financial troubles.
    If you pay attention, there are a lot of motor journalists and youtubers who push a lot to advertise the products of these brands, some of them explicitly paid like Mr.JWW by Aston Martin.
    Although this takes away objectivity I think this is a common practice in some countries to defend the local industry and a bit of national pride as well.
    Mclaren had a tremendous sales drop in 2020 and even had to sell its factory to get liquids, Aston Martin almost exclusively depends on the DBX model to survive and Jaguar with a practically obsolete line without anything clear about its future. I really hope all these brands come back strong very soon

14. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    British journalists have a long history of being gentle to British brands. Aston Martin's reviews by journalists and their car sales have never lined up well.
    Aston seems particularly desperate at the moment with their social media push. The poor brand seems to always show up late to the party. DBX - about 3 years too late, Social Media push - 5 years too late and so on...

elmadi, j09333, manya81 and 2 others like this.