Montoya to Test Risi Ferrari Today | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Montoya to Test Risi Ferrari Today

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Feb 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    My source at Sebring informed me that Montoya was "quite a bit slower than the other three
    drivers in the car".

This is not an indictment of Montoya's skills or pace as he stated that he was having a difficult
    time coming to grips (so to say) with the car initially. He only did eight laps total in a car that
    he had never driven before on the full 12 Hour course which he likewise had not driven
    before vs. team drivers with dozens of hours of experience both in the car and on the track.

It wouldn't be at all surprising to see JPM doing some one-off sports car races this year.

BHW

2. Agreed.
    I only saw two other drivers ('only checked session 4 for the comparison as conditions could have been different)...and as posted earlier, he was 2.3 seconds off Calado; 2.5 Vilander. That's a big chunk, even for not having driven either. Was his heart into it...?

3. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Not sure how much to read into it.

He only did eight laps which for anyone else new to any team would be installation laps
    and getting used to the car.

Had JPM done a full day in the car, he'd be right on the heels of the other guys.

BHW

4. Unnerstood. 'Can't form a definitive opinion fer sure. 'Just woulda thunk he'd be closer than 2.5. Again, tho, there are many possibilities...

btw, checked all 4 sessions and there were only the three mentioned above; so your source must have meant, or said, "slowest of the three drivers in the car" :)