MONTOYA TO NASCAR | Page 9 | FerrariChat

MONTOYA TO NASCAR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Jack-the-lad, Jul 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    Did this idiot just call Senna and Alonso mediocre!!!

WOW dude, you must be tremnedously fast and brave. How many poles and wins have you accumulated.

Spang

2. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Only the pole that's permanently stuck up his a$$

3. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    A little bit of creative editing. :D

How ya' doin' Impy83? Been a while. Still jettin' 'round the globe in your many homes?

Carry on... ;)

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Impy,

How much have you lost wagering on Schumi the last couple years?:)

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

learning is a lifetime process. ur never too old to learn anything, instead, it would be rather foolish to say if u learnt everything :)

6. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

hehe thanx ;)

7. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
  8. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Even is Ferrari don't win at Magny Cours... the true Ferrari fans will be there to support Michael and Ferrari at the next race and remain as optimistic as ever. That is the true spirit of Ferrari.

Band wagon fans come and go. Teams come and go. Montoya and Sennas come and go.

Ferrari Stays On and On! Forza Ferrari!

9. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Stop lobbing Senna in with Montoya!!!!! One is a legend and a world champion, the other is a whiny brat.

10. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    And as I said before... they come and go.

Ferrari Stays On and On! Forza Ferrari!

11. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    WTF??? You're comparing DRIVERS to TEAMS!!!!

People (drivers) quit, die, move on... Entities (teams) can exist indefinitely.

12. geronimo

geronimo Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    wtf is he thinking moving to nascar? maybe just to p.... f1 off. with the rules changing often, maybe he got sick of all the b.s. now he's going to be a cab driver going around in circles.
    f1 has become in my humble opinion boring. i miss the eighties, slicks, turbos, ground effects.

13. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    >>>a cab driver going around in circles<<<

That is a great definaition of nascar....only thing more boring is WATCHING golf (playing it is different..although I don't play the game......or watching paint dry. Wanna race? Join a group that actually involves action SKILL, instead of going around in circles until a wreck happens.

14. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    JPM is just "slummin' it" by doing this.

15. The K Reloaded

The K Reloaded Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    If there were no skill involved in NASCAR then maybe even someone like you would be doing it. All motorsports involve a different set of skills from NHRA to WRC to F1 to NASCAR. To be a paid professional at any of them requires that something that 99.9% of the public does not possess.

It's always the by and large ignorant fan base (of any given motorsport) that lacks respect for other forms of racing, not the actual professionals.

16. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave

17. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    F1 has been losing fans because there isn't much racing, just glorified parade laps. In any given race, only a few drivers have a chance to win because the cars make way more difference than drivers.

Autoweek's article on JPM provides some insight. It seems that F1 is no longer just losing fans, but is now losing drivers for the same reason. JPM wants to race. For a racer, going to NASCAR has to be like being a little kid on Christmas morning with overindulgent parents!

Dave

18. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

I love Ferrari, always have, it Schumacher that i never really liked. I have the utmost respect for that man and his accomplishments but i have always felt that he came along at a time that F1 was in a state of flux. In 94 and on, he only had Hill as his main rival and while Hill did a fine job under the circumstances he was never a number one driver. Had he faced stiffer opposition like Senna, Prost, Mansell, etc he'd be a 3 time champ max. The scuderia's tactics the last few years have also been questionable. This has turned me off toward the team. The fact that he never had a fast teammate only strengthens the agruement. No one since he has been at Ferrari ever got equal equipment other than when MS was hurt in 99. I'm only happy that Mika and now Alonso were around to take up the mantle.

19. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

You must be a many times NASCAR champ to say it's so easy, how many Nextel cups have you won?

20. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Alonso himself in a recent interview on speed said he has not improved much from his days at Minardi (Speed's trackside at the USGP). While the learning process is long MS and FA have different styles and approaches to racing. While it may be in the same discipline, everyone is different and goes about thier business in a unique way. There seems to be little that FA has adapted from MS's style of drving or racecraft.

21. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

well, mika taught MS once how he executed that awesome overtaking manouvre at spa 2000 at MS. hehe... i remember those hand actions of mika after that race to schumi....i need to find that pic...somewhere...

22. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

I remeber that pic., I guess Mika did take MS to school that day.........:)

23. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    My point exactly...

There has been only one entity that has survived in F1 since the very start...

Scuderia Ferrari!

24. geronimo

geronimo Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    sorry if i offended any nascar fans out there. i'm a fan but not die hard, i actually enjoy the cabs at watkins glenn and infineon raceway. i will be watching some of the ovals when montoya races there.
    peace!

25. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    If anyone saw SPEED's French GP pre-race show, they had some driver interviews about JPM's chances in NASCAR. Most wished him well, but DC ripped him-- saying it's perfect because he will be able to eat all the Big Macs he wants, and who knows how big he will get. Then Christian Klien made the same comment. LMAO!