MONTOYA TO NASCAR | Page 8 | FerrariChat

MONTOYA TO NASCAR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Jack-the-lad, Jul 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Montoya has time and again proven that:
    1) He is reckless driver
    2) He is a danger to the lives of other racers
    3) He is a danger to the media, race officials and fans at the track

It was only a matter of time before his sorry ass was kicked out of F1!

"A career move from F1 to NASCRAP"... if people are naive enough to think this is F1's loss... then leave! F1 has plenty of real fans.

2. F40Lover

F40Lover Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    Anyone who thinks he is going to be having fun racing a 1950 Dodge/Ford/Chev V8 as compared to a modern F1 has breathed way too much car exhaust and should report for a brain scan. How is he going to be accepted in the the "old boys club" in the south? Does he know how to make moonshine? Will they teach him?

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Fun is whatever you make of something. Some people don't find racing to the first turn and then parade laps fun while others enjoy driving 3 wide at 190mph for a long time. You could also make reasons why you think driving an F1 car is more fun, but I think I would enjoy either (driving wise, watching is a different case for me).

How will he be accepted? I don't think it will be that hard. He's an aggressive driver and I think he will fit well. Keep in mind that the NASCAR drivers love cars as much, if not more, than any of us do. Some of them watch F1, too, and they are familiar with one another.

I don't think many of the drivers today fit the "red neck" stereotype. I've seen a few shows where they follow the life of a Nextel Cup driver and they're just normal people. Except they have really nice houses and cooler cars. :) I think I watched one with Kevin Harvick and he had a BMW 7-series. Would you consider that red neck?

4. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

1)Imperial was full of **** before

2)Imperial is still full of ****

3)Imperial will always be full of ****

The only sorry ass here, once again, is you. You obvioulsy don't know anything about F1 and racing in general. You're the one that should leave. Don't you have to go design next year's Ferrari or something.................?

5. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Frankly, your comments are condescending, elitist and ignorant.

Dave

6. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies

I'm having trouble seeing the value of that distinction. Over the course of a season, consistency = speed. To win a WDC, you must take the law of averages and be on the pace every week. Tough opposition, bad luck and mechanical failures will take their toll on a driver's season so it is that ability to consistently deliver results that is the difference between a great driver, and a #2/driver who falls from the top tier.

Coultard had his days when he was faster than Mika. We've all seen Rubens occasionally outpace Schumacher. Fisichella has beaten Alonso on in the odd race or two. By your own admission JPM is one of these guys, given that, it's a bold statement to say he'd have won WDC last year in the Renault. He at times looked clueless in the same McLaren that Kimi often showed to be the fastest car on the grid.

So how do this irratic performance warrant another chance with a better team? Crucially, it is up to the driver to make his own opportunities. It is no accident that any team on the grid would sign Kimi tomorrow if given the chance. Just as it is no accident that JPM found himself without many (any?) good options and went looking for greener pastures.

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    True, he didn't look that great in 03 and 04. Because the car didn't look that great either. He developed that car and turned it into the weapon it became in 05. 04 already showed some of its and his brilliance at Hungary. MS was a midfield driver in the Ferrari in 96, 97.

It is the hallmark of a great driver to pick up a midfield car and turn it into a championship winner. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Actually Alonso won the race in Hungray in 03, and was pretty fast for his first season in a competitive team (not counting Minardi in 01 and testing at Renault in 02). The 04 Car was not very competitive next to the Ferrari and Honda.

9. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Alonso did nothing of such nature! He was in the right car, at the right time during a FARCE season!

The rules were designed to hider the development and performance of one team and benefit another. Ferrari's competitive advatage were diluted through rule changes. While those same rules enhanced Renault's competitive advantages.

If Renault and Flavio had not been so unethical they would have allowed Fisichella to really ight Alonso for the championship. Renault held back Fisichella and deployed unethical team orders to let Alonso with the world championship.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Impy, I had hopes a year away from FChat would open your eyes, but to no avail. Oh well, believe what you want. The passing of the baton has already occured and the new champ will not let go of it anytime soon.

11. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Y'know, that Alonso is going to kill someone one of these days.:)

12. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Sure he will. 2007 and the McClunker is looming ;)

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

i gotta agree on this one. altho, i don't underestimate FA's skills, the FIA played a bit of role here in '05. they came up with all these stupid 1 tyre rule thing, which michelin, and not b'stones managed to get a thing outta it. not to mention about the points system as well. somehow rather, i think kimi could have gotten on top last year, had it not been his car breaking down often. last year's renault was not fast. it was just consistent and reliable. that mac was as fast as lightning and was unreliable. but anyways, at the end of the day, it's all about driver-team-car package, and no matter how much i hate FA cos of his attitude and arrogance, i gotta admit he's still the best out there....behind schumi of cos!

14. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Ok, so why is it that Alonso is STILL mopping up the track with Ferrari and MS in 06? The rules were basically changed back to what they were, what's your excuse now? Schu WAS good, but his time is nearing it's end. Long live the new king. Viva Alonso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    And Schumi still would have lost if Alonso wasn't there. Give it up.

16. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Don't argue with the world's biggest Putz, sorry Andreas, I will take the one day ban for that.

17. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Did you miss the last GP of the USA... man human memry is short!

18. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Alonso will move to McLaren in 07 and then make a career move to NASCRAP to join Montoya in 08! The FIA has managed to pass the baton to NASCRAP, not another champion!

Kimi is the heir appaent and it will be proven while racing for the Scuderia!

19. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

what do u mean by schu 'was' good?? trust me, there's still a thing or 2 he can teach alonso. how can u compare someone who has over 12 years of experience to someone who has only more less 5 yrs??? if schu ' was ' good like u put it, he'll fighting in 15-20th place on the grid.

20. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    You really are a moron...

21. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Brian, actually close too 15 years now, and you are correct, MS is still the yarstick for other drivers too measure themselves, including Alonso. You understand Gp much more than that Putz who is back recently....

22. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Remy, it is just human nature to have short memories. People have already forgotten the USGP and Ferrari's dominance.

A little over a decade ago, true Ferrari fans would have celebrated over just a podium finish. Several championships and victories later the entire team's performance is criticicized at every opportunity and the oposition is applauded by band wagon fans who claim they have always supported the Scuderia.

Mediocre drivers like Alonso, Senna, Webber and Montoya will never be as good as Michael Schumacher. This world is full of critics...

On to Magny Cours to silence them all!

23. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

That was one race, how many did Alonso win in a row? The USGP didn't mean anything, Alonso had an older spec motor and really consevative tires.

24. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Let me re phrase that. The era of his being the dominant driver is over.Time is taking it's toll. It will only get more pronouned. There are others just as good. I doubt there is anything Alonso needs to learn from anyone.

25. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    And the world is also full of idiots like yourself, you should know better than to get all excited over one race. Magny Cours will tell the tale.