MONTOYA SACKED! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

MONTOYA SACKED!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi12, Jul 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    I know. it was very wishful thinking, although I do think that Montoya has a pretty good chance of being successful in NASCAR.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Montoya is experienced and good at oval racing and he is in general a great driver, so he has a lot going for him. What I can't say is whether the good ol' boys club factor will come into play and if so for how long. I mean these guys can stage a race to let Earnhardt Jr. win, so they might as well get together to throw JPM out. But I don't think they have much motivation to do that for an entire series.

3. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I think one of the main things about NASCAR is that all of the drivers are onboard with doing anything nessecary to help thier sport. They have been trying to tap the latin market and this is a great coup for them. The drivers will generally excepted. OUTSIDE of the car, inside of the car they will give him hell, no doubt. He'll have a big target on his back from day one. Oh there is no way in hell they let Earnhardt Jr win, how can anyone possibly stage a race?

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You're sarcastic on that one, right? I mean even my truest redneck friends were ticked off over that one.

In regards to JPM: The good ol' boys might give him an occasional bump, but I don't think they're out there conspiring against him. He simply isn't that important I would think. They got other and bigger fish to fry I'd assume.

5. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Lol, i do actually doubt if they did let him win, the DEI cars had a serious advantage at Daytona those years. Plus how can you possibly bribe anyone into letting someone else win the biggest race of the year? that being said, it's possible i wouldn't rule it out