MONTOYA SACKED! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

MONTOYA SACKED!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi12, Jul 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Its called drafting in NASCAR

2. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    Me too, Williams is a better environment for Montoya. Had they treated him as well, and paid him as much, as Ralf, he might never have left.

Webber is yet another over-rated driver. It is a shame that a driver as talented as Montoya is leaving F1 and guys like Webber, Coulthard, Villeneuve, Ralf, Massa, and several other punters still have drives.

Get past the top 3 drivers and you have a Champ car grid...

3. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

#53 Dopplemax, Jul 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I don't see any reason for him going back to Williams. The team doesn't look like it's getting any better. Heck, their last win was him in Brazil. He wants to go to a team where he has a car that will give him a chance of winning. Williams won't fullfill this. RBR won't either. Either Renault, Ferrari, or McLaren. All I've heard so far was that McLaren offered him a lot less. Why take a pay cut if you haven't been impressed with their car this year. Makes sense to me.

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

it doesn't make any difference. even if monty's guilty, neither him or the team is challenging for the championship at the moment, so even is the FIA were to dock points.....

6. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

i'm not saying at the past. i'm saying currently. i mean, just look at renault. they give FA their full support even with them knwing the fact that they will be losing him next year...to a main rival. they can easily sabotage him once in a while and make GF a main challenger. plus, they have nothing to lose, given the fact if they carry on with their current form to next year, they'll might win the championsip regardless whose their driver...JV, DC, whoever...so, what i'm trying to say here, the whole mac team lack support to both their drivers. both seemed so demotivated to me, with kimi waving the white flag as early as the 3-4th race of the season.

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I get your point about McClonk and agree. But I disagree about Fisico standing a chance in winning the title. No friggin way!

8. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

hehe ..... ok ok ....my bad....

9. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

This may be true, but thier last real sucess was several years ago with Mika. Even last year when they had the best car and won a bunch of races, was a failure. McLaren has been, the last few years, either having a quick car that's too fragile, or a reliable car that's a dog, or take far too long in the season to get the car figured out. This, along with key personnel losses can only be blamed on the team's management. This was the case before Montoya even got there. I don't know if it's just Ron Dennis to blame or it's Norbert Haug meddling as well but most of the moves they have made in the recent past have been wrong, other than signing Alonso, and even that was a screw up because it was announced way too early and cost them, more than likely, both of thier drivers. I don't not blame JPM for leaving, and I won't blame Kimi for leaving if and when he does. Maybe Alonso can help clean thier mess up.

10. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    If the car doesn't improve there won't be much wisdom in signing Alonso. I'm sure he will be making much more than he is currently at Renault. All we'll have to look forward to is Ralph Sheheen shouting "CURRENT WORLD CHAMPION, FERNANDO ALONSO, JUST RETIRED WITH THE MCLAREN"

11. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

It was a good move, mainly becuase the last thing McLaren would have wanted was that Alonso go to Ferrari or stay at Renault. It was thier arrogance to think that JPM and Kimi would fight over the other seat instead of just looking elsewhere which they both did and Kimi is still doing.

12. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005
    Bah BYE Montoya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Har! You Monty flag wavers never give up! If this moron was as good as all you have been spouting for the last couple of years, he could walk to the next team of his choice and name his price. NOW you are trying to spin his move to NASCAR as some sort of badge of honor, "flipping off Mac...", "getting back to racing...", "his wife is preggo...", "it makes good business sense...". Oh please! NASCAR! A series you have all spit on - until the "announcement". Now it's somehow equivalent to F1! Give me a fricken break. Drivers are out there ready to cut off their left screwble to get an F1 seat! I don't remember EVER hearing Jeff Gordon's name being spoken in the same context as MS, MH, Prost, Senna, Lauda, Stewart, etc., etc. Let's see....I'm a young South American karter tearing up the competition. Do I want to grow up and race F1? OR, do I want to grow up and race NASCAR? Eat your crow while it's still warm. The world is full of unrealized talent - just add his name to the list and move on.

14. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, he sucked so much that Frank Williams was ready to dump Webber to sign him at the last second. There was also a chance for him at Red Bull. Yeah that sounds like he was unwanted to me. Anyway, think what you want, if he's happy then i'm happy for him. Give those NASCAR boys hell JPM!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Don't worry Luis, remember Spoonface is a Ferrari Driver here...

16. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005

LMAO!!!!!! Well Said!!!!
    Going from F1 to Nascar is like going from owning a Ferrari to a Chevy Impala..
    Make any excuse you want (montoya fans) his poor attitude gave him the boot from F1... If he was so great and others were ready to sign him, then where's he at now?????? Thats what i thought............

17. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Because HE chose to go there. He could have gone to Williams or Red Bull if he really wanted to stay in F1. It was his choice. You have no arguement...............

18. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005
    *yawn*
    and you know this for a fact?? You know him personally and this is what he told you??? This is also what Ron Dennis told you also? That he left on his own free will?
    *dumbass*

19. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I myself cannot wait to see the Daytona 500 next year here is the way i see it going down.

Montoya wipes out 3/4 of the field in his Twin 125 qualifier.

Montoya punches some bear drinking Bubba in the face, after he yells at Connie "Show me them Hooters!!!"

The start of the race is delayed after a riot breaks out in the stands between a group of columbian fans and Dale Earnhardt fans.

Tony Stewart and Robby Gorson tag team JPM in the race untill he ends up sliding thru the grass on his head.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

20. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Me too. I would love to see America shocked because of one the F1 driver that can't manage to keep the car in one piece suddenly start to dominate NASCAR. That would be great. Americans would finaly get that F1 is the ultimate motorsport and NASCAR is boring and stupid.

-just blowing off steam :)

21. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not sure that's going to happen, but it was incredibly enlighting to see Mansell and Michael Andretti swap seats. That's all I ever needed to know about American open wheel racing.

22. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    JPM doing well is also my hope. If he does, I already have plans to stop by a local pub and harass some good ole boy fans.

23. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Good or bad, I can't say, but he will make an impression one way or the other. He is just crazy enough to do well I think.

24. The K Reloaded

The K Reloaded Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    That is wishful thinking. America isn't going to be shocked by a Former F1 driver dominating NASCAR. They'll do just the opposite and say, "now see, isn't this more fun?" and that'll be the end of it.

F1 is full of ultimate technology with ultimate budgets but it is not ultitmate racing. It hasn't been in decades.

25. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

And you know Ron Dennis yourself? You don't know anything for a fact either. So shut up. Talk to me the right way and leave the insults at the door or we can both get nasty.