Monterey car auction extravaganza | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Monterey car auction extravaganza

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Timmmmmmmmmmy, Jul 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Further the value's of the 1970s cars are escalating rapidly with 1980s also increasing. For example some of the rare Testarossa variants are now. I believe this is directly due to children and teens of the period being at mature stages of their lives and choosing to buy hero cars that they directly relate to. Daytona's are now nearly a million and everything newer, except the supercars, were built in much higher numbers but will we see other's heading towards a million? You only need look at Lamborghini Countach prices to see where this might go.

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thank you for doing all this work. Thank you.

3. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    My pleasure. If you want more information I am happy to provide it or find it.

4. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I think that would blow a hole through 100mm. It will be interesting to see you add up the final once the auction is done.

5. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Yeah I love this car too BUT the most a 250 TDF has gone for is 9.46mil. This car should double that but triple.......... mmmmmmmmmm

Still my favorite car at Monterey this year

6. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Timmmmmmmmmmmmy, Many thanks from me too for all your work. I will be trying to follow all the trade,but hope that you may be able to post the results,and make an assessment of the marketplace,as you see it.

7. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #32 Marcel Massini, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Sure. I am looking forward to the weekend. Attending Monterey is on my bucket list and while I won't be there this year the time gap to here in NZ means the auctions screen from mid morning til late afternoon next saturday, sunday & monday. Will try to watch most and certainly will be updating sales prices, volumes and statistics there-in. Will also give my thoughts on values (the cars not the good family values bs) besides.

9. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Thanks for posting Marcel. Please PLEASE feel free to post any thoughts along with anyone else attending or watching the auctions who might have anything to add.

RM especially look to have done a fabulous job of staging and presenting one of the best auctions ever. Will check out their catalogue online. Wish I was there.

10. loflyer47

loflyer47 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2004
    Phila. area, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Ben
    ...Hey Timmmmmmmmmmy... Would enjoy meeting up with you to discuss Ferrari's in more detail...
    ..I'll be at the Quail Gathering with my comp. Daytona (12467) ..on the show field....and also at the Ferrari club National on Monday at the concours show with the car..... + planning on using it on occasion as my daily driver while there... :) ...should be fun...
    ..would be great to meet up with fellow F car guys....

11. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Hey buddy as mentioned in my last message I wont be in Monterey this year but will attempt to cover the auction sphere. I will be looking after my very sick son. Would love to be there but family first and all that. Next few years hope to be able to make it and will take you up on the offer.....

12. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Tim. Sorry to hear about your son. Picking up on the detail of the 250LM #6105. ..I was involved in the sprint/hillclimb scene in the sixties. As quoted,Ron could often gain a class win .or an FTD,but that level of events,our car could give him a run for his money !. We met up often,most weekends,and he would arrive in his road car (275 GTB) and the boot would be full of food and wine. Great guy,good fun.

13. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Thank you for the work. Would be great for us to update the list with actual sold values including commission as they sell.
    I have driven the interim - fantastic is the only word I can think of.

14. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Patience my friend and all will be revealed..... Oh you have actually driven it. I might well imagine it would be fantastic to drive. Although I understand the naysayers I actually like the styling and it is certainly rarer than some garden variety SWB.

Michael, excellent to hear some first hand memories. Feel free to share.

Anyway much more to come over the next few days and then it will be all rather busy.... :)

15. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    I have written some value assessments for the big 8 cars that I expect will hit $10 million or more........

Ferrari 250GT "Tour de France" Berlinetta
    Ferrari 250GT California
    Ferrari 250GT "Interim" Berlinetta
    Ferrari 250GT Short Wheelbase Berlinetta
    Ferrari 250LM
    Jaguar C-Type
    McLaren F1

Let me make it clear that I am not a high end dealer nor am I Marcel Massini but most of the information about these cars and what they are worth can be taken from public record if you have time, which I do. Each value assessment contains a model overview, potted history of the individual cars, sales over the last decade and discussion about the cars for offer over the next few days. They are Word documents up to 10 pages long, so will need to be emailed and if anyone would like to read one or all of them, flick me an email or PM me....

[email protected]

Cheers
    Tim

16. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    when does the first auction start?

17. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    #42 roma1280, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  18. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
  19. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    What Roma said. :)

20. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    RM Monterey "Pinnacle Portfolio" starting right now :)

21. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Pinnacle portfolio

Lot 101 Jag XJ220

Hammer $420k
    All in $462k

22. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Lot 101 - Jaguar XK220 $420k. Lot 102 - Porsche 959 - $1.1 mil. Lot 103 - Ferrari Enzo

23. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Enzo at 5.0 million, selling.....

24. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma