Monterey 2011 Discussion Thread | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Monterey 2011 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by BrianZuk, Aug 1, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
  2. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Thanks Ash! That Veyron that you see in AZ with the license plate "TOPGEAR" and the license plate frame that says "ZR-1 for lunch...Ferrari for Dinner" was the first (far left) car in the panorama shot I took with all the Veyrons line up. I saw the plate and said, "Oh! This is the one that lives by Ashwin!" :D

Glad you all are enjoying the photos. I'll be adding about five more in about an hour.

-G.B.

3. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
  4. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I talked with Rob a couple times during the week, really nice down to earth guy.

I can't see the photos on my phone but will check them out tomorrow. I'll post some of mine as well.

5. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Great shots! That old vintage Ferrari with the plate "LX ROSSI" does anyone know the story of that car? I saw it in Pacific Grove Friday evening. Had a Ferrari engine, but I heard a rumor it was a fake body and the engine was a donor.

-G.B.

6. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    I remember the LX ROSSI car being at the Marin-Sonoma Concours (not part of the concours, parked with the rest of us in the Ferrari corral) in 2010. The car is real.

7. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I didn't get a chance to talk with the owner, but I've seen the car several times now, and the owner drives it to events. The pic was taken in the corral parking lot, not at some show venue.

8. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    ...are FANTASTIC! Thanks for posting up, D!!!

9. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Needd4Speed, you have clearly been holding out on us until now. You have a great eye for photography!

10. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Yes, Luigie is the owner. Rebodied, but I believe original engine.

11. richardmillie

richardmillie Rookie

Oct 9, 2008
    Norcal
    Full Name:
    Rich T
  12. mpodgor

mpodgor Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2005
    San Mateo, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Michael J Podgorski
    They have to be the ugliest cars I have ever seen. Even the Scion brick looks better. I guess rich folk see them through beer goggles.

13. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    It was great to meet you as well, really enjoyed the convos even though we were busy boucning back and forth all the time.

-Brian

14. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    In case you haven't heard, a recently completed Superformance Cobra was stolen out of the Fisherman's Wharf parking lot Saturday eve during the RM event, possibly by professionals. Car is black, sporting new high performance Avon tires and a very expensive engine, and is owned by a well known Bay Area dealer.

Worth remembering for next year's event.

15. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    #120 blu328gts, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am sure I saw/heard/felt that car...truly awesome build! This would be a shot of said very expensive engine. Owner is a very nice person. Hope the b@$t@rd$ get caught and brought to justice.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login