Monterey 2011 Discussion Thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Monterey 2011 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by BrianZuk, Aug 1, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nope, it's next week, ends the 22nd.

2. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    oh crap.....

time for new plans to go next week then.

3. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Good luck finding something, we have a detailer coming down from SF and he has to stay almost an hour away since everything was booked or too expensive.

4. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk

I'll probably end up in Larkspur. :(

-G.B.

5. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Damn hotels are expensive in Monterey!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

$240+ per night is a bit expensive for my taste. Anyone have any suggestions? :eek:

-G.B.

6. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    GB, you waited until NOW to get a hotel? :( BAD move.

Do yourself a LARGE favor next year - put it in whatever calendar you use (electronic, paper planner, whatever!) to book in February. At the latest.

See you next week!
    Orrie

7. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    I know...I messed up. :( Like I said, I didn't know what to expect; I knew this was big...but never knew it was THIS big. Looks like I'll be staying at a cabin at the KOA. :eek: Seriously...

-G.B.

8. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Our first year, we didn't even KNOW about car week, and we just kinda stumbled up on it all. We didn't know why it was $300 to stay at a REALLY crappy motel, until we saw everything around us. Until then, we just figured that it was Monterey in summertime...

9. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    $240? Grab it- sounds like a decent late booking rate. Signs of the recession for sure. I remember the old days when it was $350 a night with a 4 night minimum stay.

Seriously, commuting from Watsonville or Aptos is not as fun as being in the middle of it all- if you can swing it, splurge.

10. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk

Can't afford that right now. :( We found a place not too far away. :)

-G.B.

11. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Will you be staying in your regular room again Yin? If so, I will be across the sidewalk again, as usual. Ha!

12. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Finally got a place. Got a cottage at a new KOA in Prunedale; 18 miles outside of Monterey.

:cool:

-G.B.

13. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    Still not to bad. I'll be sleeping in a trailer at the track this Saturday night. Back home Sunday night until I head down with Black Horse on Friday to C.I., and then he is going to drop me off at the track after dinner in Carmel. Staying Friday & Saturday night in the same trailer.

Don't forget to call me for the ticket I promised you G.B.

14. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #64 Challenge64, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. gelat0

gelat0 Rookie

Feb 19, 2011
    Best free event is on Tuesday the 16th 10-am-5pm for Carmel on the Boulevard event, where they block ocean avenue and exotics parked everywhere on Ocean Ave, shopping, food etc..

Downtown Monterey has some free viewing on Calle Principal, and in the parking garages, RM and Russo Steel are there (downtown) and I believe RM charges $40 for you to go look at the cars in the custom house plaza behind the Portola Hotel.. I have lived in Monterey my entire life, if you have any questions feel free drop me an e-mail.

Jim
    in Monterey

16. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
    Also on Thursday the 18th on Ocean Ave in Carmel. Many of the Pebble Beach cars get parked from about noon till about 2:00. Free.

17. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Author will be signing new mystery thriller FERRARI HUNTERS, set in the world of collector Ferraris, and his art works at one of the shops
    across the "dream car lawn"(putting green) in front of Del Monte Lodge
    Address is 3280 17-mile drive--if you're going to the PB Concours, it's right there, 100 ft. from the concours

18. vyprgt2

vyprgt2 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2005
    CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Will you be selling the autographed copies at Concorso too?

19. gelat0

gelat0 Rookie

Feb 19, 2011
    I was hoping to buy a 360 this week in Monterey, but dont see any on auction.

20. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Sold from an art booth, book cover displayed
    out front on the table

by mail order, see Ferrari literature collector www.albaco.com; he's got signed copies

21. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    You're supposed to have an invitation to this preview by the society of automotive artists; but I been going to this party for many
    years and nobody ever asked me for the invite. I always manage to get there late; maybe it starts at 4 pm instead of 5 pm. About 20% of the paintings and sculpture are of Italian cars; many famous painters like Ken Dallison, Jay Koka,, etc. The tent is set up on the lawn , the same lawn that the concours is held on, everybody is dressed pretty spiffy but no dress code. I enjoy meeting artists whose work I have admired for 50 years like Art Fitzgerald who used to illustrate the Pontiac ads in the Sixties.

22. Daytona

Daytona Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    The Valley
    Full Name:
    Mikee
    Join us at the Barnyard Shopping Center in Carmel at Hwy 1 off Rio Road from 4 to 7PM on Saturday 8/20 to enjoy food, drink and Ferraris while raising money for Juvenile Diabetes. Off Hwy 1 go east on Rio the left on Carmelo Rancho Road to the center on the left. It is not the Safeway Center on the corner.

http://www.thebarnyard.com

The Barnyard has put in a park setting between the center and Highway 1 to display cars and have added more restaurants and wineries to the menu. Park your car and visit fellow owners at no cost, if you want to enjoy the food and drink there is a nominal donation to JDF.

If you have a rare Ferrari and want to display it inside the center contact me at 800 57-FERRARI.

This event has grown over the years and is a great opportunity to see old friends and meet new ones while helping the kids with diabetes.

23. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    Any word on how many F50s are suppose to be @ CI?

-Brian

24. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

Is this a Ferrari-only event. I had brought my Lamborghini before when, I believe, it was an "Italian" event sponsored by Khakis at the same location. Or maybe it was always an Italian event and I was just crashing it every year?

25. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Finalized my plans for Monterey tonight and found reasonably priced accommodations in Watsonville. Not exactly where I would like to be but the price is right and it's not that far out. Thrilled to be going again though!

If anyone happens to see a McLaren F1 lurking about somewhere I would REALLY appreciate a PM telling me where I might find it. It's half the reason I go. ;)

>8^)
    ER