Monterey 2009 - FChat Get-Together!! | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Monterey 2009 - FChat Get-Together!!

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Way2fast, May 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #201 pyroguy, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Finally made it home, tired as hell. It was fun meeting the folks who came to the get together. I was disappointed that I never got to meet the organizer, Huskerbill! Were you there?

A group of us did have dinner together and the picture is our proof! Fun conversation as the Margueritas and Cervesas were served. Unfortunately (or maybe she prefers to be incognito!) Arts wife was cut out by our server/photographer.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    usually these type of events there is more intent to arrive than actually make it. especially Monterey weekend with everything going on and the traffic. for future reference about what % of the RSVP's actually made it?

3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    This is my short list from memory. Definitely not complete (and doesn't include significant others). I didn't circulate as much as I intended; there were probably another 8-10 in the immediate area and I saw a few coming in as I left.

ylshih (+ Carol)
    irondogmike
    dakharris
    rcallahan
    pyroguy
    srslusso
    2000yellow360

4. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I made it MUCH later than the 5pm start time. MUCH.

I didn't even get out of LDV until 5:30 or so. Then drove back to Carmel to get the other guys to head to Baja. Got stuck in Carmel in the parade when they shut the streets down for it. Was sitting there in the car. By the time I got to Baja, there was a 328 and a TR but not much sign of an FChat get together. We ate some GREAT steak nachos though and drove back to Carmel.

y bad gents!

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Hmm, guess I missed it. I was there Thurs night (I saw Sam and a slew of others, though I was keeping a low profile).

Baja's always a good time. Crazy cool to see that shelby coupe running around. At first we didn't believe it was the original, then a couple of replicars showed up and they put up the mecum signs. Seeing the replicars - it was easy to tell. The mecum signs just confirmed it.

Anyone know if the seller got the 10 he was looking for? A lot of NSs at Gooding on Sat night for the little while I was there. A friend made off with a gorgeous car sunday night.

6. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #206 synchro, Aug 18, 2009
    Attached

Goodness this is true, the party got bigger as time went on!

I counted 120%, as more showed than replied. Heck, I hadn't seen Lyle Tanner for years and he started the Ferrari Club in 1963
    Folks were asking where you (Rob) were?!

Dakharris was the hero as he deftly snatched the drink from Marco's (dinogts) hand to prevent more imbibing

7. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Was good fun. Myself (mizugami) and date Karen were there as attested too by group picture. There were a couple more present at the table but not in the photo. I have a difficult time remembering names (engineer by trade not a lawyer).

8. Formula1r

Formula1r Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    It sold for 7.25

9. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Hey a pic of my car at least, but not of me. That's ok, my car looks better than me! It was kind of hard to get a table, which we eventually did, but definitely busy.

10. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Trying to remember names.......were you sitting next to me in baja?

11. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #211 synchro, Aug 19, 2009
    Crikey, we needed name tags!

To clarify, we REALLY needed Rob and it would have been so kind to see him - didn't mean to sound harsh before, sorrrry. I met so many people this weekend that knew absolutely NOTHING about Ferrarichat, integral members of the FCA and Ferrari owners.
    Perhaps there is still more folks to reach...?

BTW, DAKHarris in the GORGEOUS black 550 was not drinking, he swept down upon Marco in stealth mode then snatched his drink while Marco was mezmerized by those lovely Novitecs and then tossed it before speeding away.

What was really funny was the monster conversion and when it departed set off a Subaru's car alarm. For some reason we had a great laugh at that.

12. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Scott, thanks for the compliment. Funny thing is that I almost didn't buy the car because of the wheels and the color. I wanted red/tan and usually like to keep things factory stock, but I have received so many compliments on the Novitecs and the black/tan that I've been swayed ;) Actually, I don't know how other 550 owners get by on such skinny tires. There was indeed entirely too much fun being had at Baja that night :D A great time was had by all and it was good to meet so many F-Chatters in the flesh and with their cars....where we all belong.

13. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    I actually ended up next to Karen, William was next to you.

14. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Ok that was you. Thought so, vaguely remember talk of LA. Your in my back yard look me up. When you on the central coast.

15. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    I was there with my wife, I saw a few of you guys, but then we scored two of the desirable padded chairs by the fireplace, so I couldn't move for fear of one of those drunk chicks (you know the ones) snagging my seat!

I saw sillypuppy and carmel-cruiser, who I think should be renamed "hollywood-cruiser" because he had his his sunglasses on after the sun went down.

We had great food, a good bottle of wine, and a really good time listening to the band. I was very very impressed by the keyboardist, playing bass lines with one hand and an organ solo with the other.

Jay