Monterey 2009 - FChat Get-Together!! | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Monterey 2009 - FChat Get-Together!!

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Way2fast, May 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Now why would we treat you bad if you did/didn't have a date?

2. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    Choptop - Pacer

3. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    I notice you didn't call it a Hurst Pacer for fear of its being stolen by a ring of Hurst thieves.

Jay

4. SuperVixen

SuperVixen Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2007
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Super Vixen
    Update: I'll be bringing a Spyker for sure. Probably won't be there til 6/6:30 pm. I'm stuck at Peter Hay Hill for the day at the Spyker Lounge. I hope someone will still be there and hungry. :)

5. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    I think a good time was had by all. WilliamH was there, and had dinner with us, Bob Callahan was there in his CS, claims he got from Santa Barbara to Carmel in 3 hours, I see more work for me there.....

Where are the pictures guys?

Art

6. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    It was great meeting those who actually showed. I suppose traffic turned a few off, but those of us who made it had a great time. Thanks to Michael for setting up the lawn area and preferred parking....always appreciated. I didn't take any pics at Baja, but I know many did. Can't wait to see them!

7. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    I had a good time & some good food & drink too. It was great to meet a few more Fchatters. I owe Roy a drink the next time I see him, Saluti!

8. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Took me 2hours to get from salinas to Carmel. Traffic was hell but worth the effort to meet some of you guys. It think Pyro took some pics? My GF tried too, we will see if any showed up. Good fun good people. Thanks. PS apologies to everyone i cut off as i was trying to get to BAJA on the 1, especially those 2 vets (i wasn't trying to be a**hole).

9. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    I tried to get in there coming from the grade at 5:30 but was waved on by someone at the Baja entrance, so I took the next left into Quail. Then the driveway into Baja said Exit only. Tried to go around but took 55 minutes to get back to Carmel Valley road. Then when I tried to get back to Baja, the traffic was so conjested, I turned around and went back towards hwy. 1. By this time it was almost 7:00.

Maybe next year........

10. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    #185 Tokyo Drftr, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2009
    Yeah, we didn't get there till well after 7. And i am in again for next year.......also that remark about feeling bad about cutting off those 2 cars........well i thought they were 2 550's and i was really bummed............but after i looked the mirror and saw they were vets.....(i was going too fast to tell)............i didn't feel so bad.............i'm bad...........

11. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Anyone know who brought the enzo in the parking lot?

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I would like to see some pictures.

13. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    I second the motion

14. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    some guy that started microsoft with bill gates. I was there when he pulled up and I guess he was racing a car of his that day. someone said the race car was one of two at a cost of 12 mil. when he parked the enzo,someone said let me put a cone next to it so no one will park next to you. And he said not to its just a car! I told him I'm still trying to say that about the 308.....lol

15. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    You selling your car?

16. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    yes,its time. the car is all sorted out and has about four years b4 the next service so who ever gets it will enjoy it for a long time and show it too

17. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Good luck. Hope you have another picked out already. You just got those plates didn't you? Cheers man.

18. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    and they well go with me,it took too long to get them

19. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Patience grasshopper. Let the magic of photoshop take its course.

20. Guaruja

Guaruja Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2006
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Andre R
    #195 Guaruja, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    It was great meeting a couple of you. I was one of the first there and ended up in the bar patio. Met some people that gave us invites to the Gooding reception that night so we ended up leaving at 7PM so we could go there. I gave the Enzo my parking space. We went to Baja the night before and the parking lot was packed with all types of cars. I guess Thurs. is their weekly rod night. It was crazy. There were so many people you could barely walk through the parking lot. The Shelby Daytona Coupe (that they turned down 6.8 mil last year at auction) was just parked in the lot like any other car and Peter Brock was there doing autographs.

22. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just got to my hotel in San Jose from CE today. Traffic was bad. I have a group photo from the Cantina that I'll try to get posted tomorrow. Great meeting those who showed up!
    Steve

23. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    unfortunately some of you were already gone because I did not show up until almost 7, something about best laid plans going wrong.

But we did show up and meet some of you at least, great finally putting some faces to the nicknames.

24. Terculees

Terculees Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrei C.
    Gents, I have pictures and video of the cars at the meet. Give me a bit of time with the pictures (over 2000 from the weekend), and even more time with the video (over 4 hours of footage to edit). I will post pictures and video in appropriate threads for the events I participated in.

25. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    OUCH! That hurts! :(

4k shots! You are just like me then.