Mondials got new Boots, wadda you think? | FerrariChat

Mondials got new Boots, wadda you think?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jscar71, Oct 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jscar71

jscar71 Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2004
    Montreal Qc, Canada
    Full Name:
    JScar
    #1 jscar71, Oct 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. s_eric09

s_eric09 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    George
    It Looks really nice, It gives it a modern look. Out of all the Mondials i have seen, yours stands out.

I love the wide back.

Congrats, Great wheels.

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Lookin good!

4. jscar71

jscar71 Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2004
    Montreal Qc, Canada
    Full Name:
    JScar
    Thanks for the compliments, it really feels good when other Ferrari owners appreciate what you have done to your car. It makes the investment all worth it. Next buy Tubi. So any takers on the proper PSI's for these puppies?

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Depends on the rubber you are running. If the rubber has the same overall diameter as the stock, you should use the OEM PSI settings. If you run taller, you need to decrease it a little, and conversely if you run shorter.

6. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    cool.
    It's amazing how the Mondial looks are so greatly affected by the wheels.
    The stock wheels really don't help the design.
    have fun!
    rt

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    do the wheels stick out beyond the body in the rear?

8. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Very, very nice rolling stock! Now if we could only rubber-neck far enough out the window so we could watch em spin!! Enjoy every mile!
    Cheers, Hank

9. CAS

CAS F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Clint
    I think a 1" lowering kit would make the car really pop. Looks great otherwise though.

10. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I always find it funny that every armchair engineer thinks they can make the car better by just a few "simple" mods.

Leave it alone, it was done that way for a reason.

11. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Where in Montreal are you? I think it looks good, but it would look best with the bumpers painted body color.

12. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Looks great...never seen a Mondial look so sharp!!

Question: the wife is *****ing at me that we really need a 4-seater so that "IF" we need to pick-up the kids at school, etc, etc....I think you know where I'm headed with this.....

How practical are the rear seats???? Can a kiddie car-seat fit back there?

Also, I'd have to agree about painting the bumper the same color as the car...that would totally and awesomely bring that thing upto a far more modern-looking snazzy sports-car. AND...if only the area below the bumper was not as drafted back towards the front-wheels after droppig below the bumper (reminds me of the classic wedge of a Pantera)....wish they made an body kit (here come the flames...)

13. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Yes - both the full up seat and what works especially well is the Euro-wedgie seat booster with the stock seat contours and belting. Used a Mondial as a daily for years, and toured Europe in mine with Robin the Girl Wonder sleeping strapped in the back from age 3 through elementary school. And let me tell you, she loved to get picked up from school in the Ferrari! Now she said she never wants us to sell the Ferrari that she grew up in....
    THAT's Grand Touring, family style! :)
    best
    rt

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Sorry but ugh !

15. ferrari fernatic

BANNED

Apr 12, 2004
    london
    Full Name:
    Fawad
    amenasce is right, not that nice.:(

16. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    In Paris, I guess your parents don't teach you the saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"
    But I assume you probably don't even own a Ferrari, so keep your comments to yourself.
    The car looks great, and if the owner is happy, that is what is important.
    David

17. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

haha..Yeah because owning a Ferrari will give me the right to state my opinion ?
    He asked what do we think , i dont think he expected everyone of us to like it and im sure he doesnt care that much if at all what i think too.And he would be right.

18. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Yes Kids can seat in the back of a Mondial.

19. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix

When posting pics like these on a public forum, there´ll be positive and negative reactions. Opinions do differ and the freedom to express an opinion is not limited to positive opinions. (and I do own a F-car even though it is no Ferrari).

Having said that....

On a Mondial these rims really show their size. I knew they are big, but on a Mondial, they look huge. I love the Mondial, I think the 360-wheels look fantastic, but in my opinion, they just don´t go together.

20. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I'd be interested in see a photoshop with the car lowered a few centimeters. I think the reason some people are having a visual issue, is because the rake of the car has been upset by the wheel size, tire aspect ratio, or something. The wheels are fine; the car is fine; the combined effort is fine -- but I can't quite put my finger on what's missing.

"I ain't no car designer..."

-Daniel

21. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    But I think Leonardo Fioravanti did this one, and he was. He didn't put those wheels on it. ;)

22. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    #22 400SPYDER, Oct 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    The couple of comments on here about the car being too high point to a rule-of-thumb in these kinds of circumstances--the tire should fill up more than 50% of the space between the wheel and the fender. The rear doesn't, and the front looks like it might not make 50%, either (note I said MORE THAN). I don't think the '94-04 Mustang GT (often criticised as looking like it's ready to go 4 wheeling) met, either. Taller tires and/or lowering will really set this car off!
    Of course, then there are the hard core purists that like 14" wheels. But they're just a crazy fringe element. ;)

Personally, I love these wheels on anything and everything I've seen them on, I think they're the ultimate expression of Ferrari's wheel design to date. Certainly better than the TECHNO look on the Enzo and 430. :((

I've got 2 sets of these being delivered today! :D That's how much I like them!

24. Schmick325

Schmick325 Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Bris east
    Looks good but you definetly need to drop it 1 to 1.5 inches

25. jscar71

jscar71 Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2004
    Montreal Qc, Canada
    Full Name:
    JScar
    No, they fit perfectly, no spacers, you can see that from the last picture I took from behind.