Mondial t values up! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mondial t values up!

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ProCoach, May 30, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    And just think: someone, somewhere, is about to buy one of those.

2. Fyrrari

Fyrrari Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    David

...And this from a Mondial owner!?! C'mon AR!

While it is just my opinion I could not disagree more. IMHO the 308-328 are nice cars but look VERY dated, while to me the Mondial does not. Don't get me wrong the 3x8's are fantastic cars, but just don't do it for me. That being said, it is not just the looks that makes a Ferrari a Ferrari. As you pointed out in a later post it is the whole package. I am personally glad that we have choices.

The Mondial with its cab forward layout is really a great looking car and way ahead of its time. The lines of the top on the cabriolet are just as progressive...BMW is currently using the "sails" on the rear section of their convert tops that the Mondial cabs have had for years.

The last car show I attended I personally witnessed the Mondial (not mine) getting the lions share of attention in a field of Ferrari's including 3x8's and 355s. Even I was (pleasantly) amazed.

This topic is so overdone. I really think some of the Mondial owners are their own worst enemies. If you don't like the car why do you own one?

They are anything but "just used cars".

If you doubt that, park your "used" Mondial next to a nice Carrera, Mustang, Vette, Viper, NSX, et al., and see which car will draw a crowd.

There is just no subsitute for a Ferrari, whether it is a Dino, a Mondial, or an Enzo. The overall rarity, sound and beauty of these cars is bound to keep the price up, that is just the way it works.

-and that is just a "few" of the reasons why I am a Mondial owner...

Just my .02

3. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    Didja really have to post the Aztek and the Trans Am? Now my eyes hurt.

4. abarre

abarre Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    For me, the Mondial Cab was a practical purchase.

She wanted: Red, convertible, four seats, cute.

I wanted: Convertible, stick shift, peppy, european, good sound, plus mid or rear engine preferred.

We considered: Saab 900, M3, A4, 993, 996, Mondial.

Saab wasn't cute
    M3 was too dear for the local BMW dealership to part with (sticker plus $5k)
    A4 didn't do it for either of us
    993 and 996's rear seats are not big enough for humans

Mondial was the winner. Plus it has appreciated a little since I bought it four years ago.

As for exclusivity, it draws a crowd every time we take it out or park it somewhere. People are usually shocked to learn that it is 18 years old.

Make no mistakes, I don't think this is some wild exotic car, but with our criteria, what else beats it? Plus it's a Ferrari - one of the last that Enzo touched....

5. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Just be thankful I didn't post the entire Pontiac line.

6. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    AR!:

You and I own the same car (Valeo equipped t). Were you smoking some really bad weed when you posted the above? A Valeo t isn't like anything out there, used or new, badge or not. My Gawd!!!

Cheers, Hank

7. Fyrrari

Fyrrari Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    David

Hank by the looks of AR!'s post...it sounds like it was really GOOD weed, or something stronger. Perhaps it was just temporary insanity!

Hope you are enjoying your used car :)

8. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    The brotherhood is reserved for 348 owners. But I guess as a T owner you are kind of in the same boat with the 348's since the engine is the most important part of the car (according to Enzo).
    BT

9. Fyrrari

Fyrrari Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    David
    BT-

This thread was (is) "Mondial t values up!" so for the record I was talking about the Mondial brotherhood....in case you haven't heard we are the bad boys of the block.

I did not know Enzo nor was I aware that you had to reserve a brotherhood (do you have a cool patch and a secret handshake?) ...No reason that we cannot expand our brotherhood...to include our 348 cousins.

:)

10. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Hah! You tell 'em, Fyrrari! The world is big enough for both of us! <grin>

-Peter

11. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    geeessss what do I do! I have a 348tb and T coupe!

I cant handle this stress ! someone tell me where I belong! PLZ

Then where do I belong with my 308?

I feel like such a loooser!

LOL

12. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    You can tell members of the Mondial Brotherhood because we all carry a couple of sacred spare fuses in our wallets...

13. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Oh boy, Lynne asked me last night what these colored plastic pieces with numbers on them and spade lugs coming out were when I cleared my pockets last night... Carried over from my QV coupe days...

-Peter

14. Fyrrari

Fyrrari Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    David
    Based on the last few comments perhaps we should clairify that as 'the bad boys of the block' we were not referring to the "fuse block"...or were we?

:)